Eternal Lands Official Forums
Acelon

Design-a-cape contest

Garnoo I LOVE the wings!

Acelon, I will try another host that will allow BMP.

EDIT

Here's the BMP ones now.

http://www.freewebs.com/lexiatel/cape%5Fdragpurple.bmp

http://www.freewebs.com/lexiatel/cape%5Fdragwhite.bmp

((SAME CAPES DIFFERENT URLS))

Edited by Lexi

I can't see the capes how they are supposed to be, because when I save them, it loses color information when I change it to 256 color. The only one that worked properly was smooms's because he saved it as a .png I think.

Oops, it resaved mine as a .jpg too, I guess. Sorry about that, I'll do some more work on it, and upload it as PNG or BMP tomorrow.

Merry Christmas, by the way! :omg:

Edited by LIGHTspeed

I don't really think asking for whether you should make something or not really fits the idea of the contest :P

You just submit your work, and I'll choose the best for me in the end.

I like that one Enly. :w00t: I wanted to do something with an A, but whatever I did turned out horrible ...

Ok, here's the first one I did, as a BMP:

http://www.lightspeedco.com/cape1_ace.bmp

And here's one with the original dragon color:

http://www.lightspeedco.com/cape1_white.bmp

Once again, I still have all layers saved seperately, so I can do the dragon in any color, and put it on any background.

Edit:

Here's the Gold/Black one, Ace:

cape1_black.jpg

Click on it for a link to the .BMP version. :w00t:

Edit again: Does that look gold? Now that I look at it, it seems muddy brown. lol

Edited by LIGHTspeed

Quick question Ace

do you want the cape to work with the universal hood ?, because due to how the hood works (copying the mesh from the cape) the design on the custom capes is mirrored onto the hood and looks messy... if you want it to work with the hood that is fine just need to place the design in the right place...

( and for those without a hood, it looks like the hood mirrors about the bottom 3rd of the cape, but without trying it im not sure )

Quick question Ace

do you want the cape to work with the universal hood ?, because due to how the hood works (copying the mesh from the cape) the design on the custom capes is mirrored onto the hood and looks messy... if you want it to work with the hood that is fine just need to place the design in the right place...

( and for those without a hood, it looks like the hood mirrors about the bottom 3rd of the cape, but without trying it im not sure )

Nah, doesn't need to.

Hello everyone,

Nice capes here, gratz to everyone :confused:

I want to make one myself too but I got a question.

Did you guys all design these dragons yourself or copied it somewhere? Cause all the nice little dragons I find are copyrighted :D

Cheers

Pater

Edited by paterpan

Hello everyone,

Nice capes here, gratz to everyone :laugh:

I want to make one myself too but I got a question.

Did you guys all design these dragons yourself or copied it somewhere? Cause all the nice little dragons I find are copyrighted :laugh:

Cheers

Pater

Easiest way to avoid copyright is goto google.com and search for "Free Dragon Clip Art" or whatever you prefer. Google is your friend for images, buddy!

Hello again,

Here's my latest creation, tried to make it look like gold.

cape2tx0.png

I hope I'm not gone get in trouble with copyright or so :omg: if it's copyrighted than delete it plz :)

cheers

pater

Since I'm getting a lot of choices.. I feel like there should be more than one winner... so I'm gonna have a few categories to win under.

Best looking design on a cape (but distorted ingame :omg:)

Most creative design

Third best overall

Second best overall

First best overall

First best overall will win the dragon item, and will obviously be the one used ingame.

Hello again,

Here's my latest creation, tried to make it look like gold.

cape2tx0.png

I hope I'm not gone get in trouble with copyright or so :) if it's copyrighted than delete it plz :)

cheers

pater

Cool enuff pater :omg: but dont think u re a god when u wear it :D

Errm... I've been looking at the capes and trying them on just for fun (by switching my meshes) and some of you guys really should try them on ingame, mainly because of these two reasons

1. you're not saving them as 256 color .bmp so they come out completely distorted looking nothing like what you made

2. Be aware a good third of the top of the cape is stretched out when worn in game, this can make your cape look kinda bad.

Just switch the meshes around and try it on ingame so you can see how it looks. :omg:

-edit-

I just checked mine and I realized photobucket is automatically changing them to .jpg and killing the 256 color save.... That might be why some of them don't work as well.

Edited by Enly

Hey guys, keep in mind that the art you make for these capes should be original. It's not right to steal art that isn't free for use..so if you do take it from the net try to get it from a free clipart site or something. Or better yet, make it yourself :)