Eternal Lands Official Forums
PriVate

can't even log on before game crashes :/

Now after i reformated my compute i reinstalled el and then when i tried to launch it it was launched in full screen mode so i tried to log on but after i typed my user name and pass and click enter, it loaded the 3D objectes etc.. then after that crashed. Then i tried to go to the el setting an change the screen size from 1152x864 to the 640x840 then saved and tried to launch the client again but then it was launched in full screen mode again and crashed as before.Then i tried using ctrl+o then it was stated it was full screen mode still so i clicked it to change it to windowed mode but when i click it it blinks for awhile then come back to full screen mode again and i tried to change it to windowed mode again but same results.

Edited by PriVate

Are you on PC or Mac? Are your graphics drivers updated?

Did you change both settings in the ini file, one for resolution and one for windowed/fullscreen?

im on pc and change both settings in the ini file meaning?

At the bottom here you can see two separate settings. One for resolution and one to turn off fullscreen if it's on.

- Try setting the video mode for your desired resolution and turning off fullscreen (zero).

video modes:

1 = 640x480 16bpp

2 = 640x480 32bpp

3 = 800x600 16bpp

4 = 800x600 32bpp

5 = 1024x768 16bpp

6 = 1024x768 32bpp

7 = 1152x864 16bpp

8 = 1152x864 32bpp

9 = 1280x1024 16bpp

10 = 1280x1024 32bpp

12 =

13 =

14 =

15 =

16 =

full screen can be 0 (windowed) or 1 (full screen)

if it is windowed, it will use the desktop BPP

#video_mode= 4

#full_screen = 0

Now after i reformated my compute i reinstalled el and then when i tried to launch it it was launched in full screen mode so i tried to log on but after i typed my user name and pass and click enter, it loaded the 3D objectes etc.. then after that crashed. Then i tried to go to the el setting an change the screen size from 1152x864 to the 640x840 then saved and tried to launch the client again but then it was launched in full screen mode again and crashed as before.Then i tried using ctrl+o then it was stated it was full screen mode still so i clicked it to change it to windowed mode but when i click it it blinks for awhile then come back to full screen mode again and i tried to change it to windowed mode again but same results.

Wow.... That exact same thing is happening to me. We reformated our computer and I re-installed EL. But everytime i press enter to log in, the screen X's off. And yes, it will only stay in fullscreen mode.

ive installed direct X but sitll same prob

Wow.... That exact same thing is happening to me. We reformated our computer and I re-installed EL. But everytime i press enter to log in, the screen X's off. And yes, it will only stay in fullscreen mode.

so how did you fix the problem in the end?

ok after i downloaded the patch and placed it in el folders and then created the shortcut to the el patch and launched it again still the prob wasnt fixed.

Edited by PriVate

Log started at 2007-12-26 10:19:01 localtime (Pacific Standard Time)

[10:19:01] Error: Server profile not found in servers.lst for server: Lands\el_patch.exe". Failover to server: main.

[10:19:01] Using the server profile: main

[10:19:05] Error opening sound configuration file

[10:19:29] Error: Can't open file "quest.log"

[10:19:29] * server www.eternal-lands.com filename http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates150/files.lst

[10:19:29] Downloading http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates150/files.lst from www.eternal-lands.com

[10:19:30] Finished downloading http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates150/files.lst

[10:19:31] * server www.eternal-lands.com filename http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates150/files.lst

[10:19:31] Downloading http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates150/files.lst from www.eternal-lands.com

[10:19:31] Finished downloading http://www.eternal-lands.com/updates150/files.lst

[10:19:32] Failed to download (files.lst) 3 times. Giving up.

[10:19:50] Client closed

ive installed direct X but sitll same prob

so how did you fix the problem in the end?

I still havent fixed it so I assume I probably wont play EL anymore...

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.