Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Which candidate is the best match for you?

1) Tom Tancredo

2) Mitt Romney

3) Joseph Bidden

I didn't look up Tancredo since you said he dropped out. Mitt Romney.. not really sure I like the guy. I'd pick Bidden over him, but Bidden is in the same boat as Ron Paul for me. I agree with some, I disagree with some.

I think that shold be a matter for the states to decide, not for the federal government.

???

Doubtless many things should be decided/managed at state level...but job of president is federal position......

Isn't that what I said?

The president should have no say in the official language debate, and each state should have whatever language they want.

Oh, so there is this mythical candidate that you 100% agree with his views?

Well, unless I run for president... :D

I'm just looking for someone whom I agree with for the majority of the issues posted.

Isn't that what I said?

The president should have no say in the official language debate, and each state should have whatever language they want.

Well yes....but I was thinking more of qualifications for presidential candidates. Since president is a federal position I am not sure how 50 different states could each decide what the qualifications should be.....

Just for the record, I think that the more languages a person can speak the better and I do not understand why people get so determined that English should be the only language in use. In many parts of the world most people have a working knowledge of several languages. Of course those living in a nation where English is the dominant language need to learn it, but why does that mean (to some) that they need to give up the language they first learned? A person who can speak more than one language is richer in thinking than a person who speaks just one language. :)

Not surprising to me that the number 1 match for me only got 4 check marks. Which really means none of them were a match.

So far my vote will go to Ron Paul for 2 reasons.

1)I haven't come across any serious dirt on him other than from unreliable sources (i.e. other politicians)

2)He voted against the patriot act.

Funny thing is, that it looks like, ppl believe what politicans say and vote for that politicans they agree with the most.

More interesting would be to find out who is behind the politicans and fills their pockets.

Politicans will tell you that the sky is green and the earth is flat and you can walk across water and that its written in the bible that Saddam must be executed, if they see a chance to get some votes, nothing more, nothing less.

Well, have fun to compare programs or speeches, thats somehow useless and a waste of time IMO.

Piper

This cannot be mentioned often enough. Perhaps one day more people will actually believe it.

Just for the record, I think that the more languages a person can speak the better and I do not understand why people get so determined that English should be the only language in use. In many parts of the world most people have a working knowledge of several languages. Of course those living in a nation where English is the dominant language need to learn it, but why does that mean (to some) that they need to give up the language they first learned? A person who can speak more than one language is richer in thinking than a person who speaks just one language. :)

I don't think that anyone is trying to outlaw other languages. But some states chose English as an official language because it is impractical and expensive to support more than one language.

Each business or household, of course, can chose the language they want to use.

Anyway, English is not my native language, but I still think that in the US English should be the official language for the states. And if you disagree, I'll come in your state and demand that they add Romanian as an official language too, and waste your money. Others will do likewise, of course, and soon your state would have to support like 100 languages and 2K dialects.

Kucinich

Gravel

Paul

I love doing these questionnaires, but as others have said, few of the answers were my real opinion. Also the source of the test here is a capitalist entertainment shill for big marketing. I'd like to see similar tests arranged by the Pacifica Network, the BBC, or even Al Jazeera!!

Of the three names above, the only one I respect at all is Kucinich (sorry Ent!) I also again have to remind us all that there are more than two political parties in the US, and the reason we never hear of the others is that big media doesn't believe they are worth money to allow the candidates to speak on the air!

I'm getting ready to switch my write-in from Nader to Fidel :P

Oh, so there is this mythical candidate that you 100% agree with his views?

Well, unless I run for president... :)

I'm just looking for someone whom I agree with for the majority of the issues posted.

They wont say anything fitting to your opinion, they just say things what their spin doctors tell them.

Piper

1: Gravek (who??)

2: Obama (would get my vote if i lived in america)

3: kucinich (who??)

Lol im not really into the politicy atm, will be when everything is REALLY going on..

My 3 in order, although I wasn't happy with all of the answer choices...

1. John Edwards

2. Ron Paul

3. Mike Gravel

odd really, I didn't think I really liked John Edwards *shrugs*

(I know I know I know "You have to vote for Ron Paul now" :P

I'll come in your state and demand that they add Romanian as an official language too,

Hahaha. That would sure surprise the residents of Washington. You might be one of the only native Romanian speakers here.

Seriously, Ent, I have no problem with English as the official language, but have witnessed a couple instances where ppl coming from other places thought their children ought to forget their first language and feel that is just wrong.

And btw been paying attention when I see info or interviews with Ron Paul (saw him on Jay Leno and on the Colbert report) and he does have some really good ideas. :pickaxe:

No fans of mike huckabee?

My vote would most likely go to him since i like his pro-constitution attitude and was against bills and laws that got passed that didn't even abide by the constitution. Patriot Act....not consitutional...

To much news glam about hillary...obama doesnt support the flag...so could he lead a country he does not support?...Rudy Guiliani...9/11..9/11...he is living in the past...every debate he is in he gives more stupid statements and arguements than every stupid and/or redundant statement George Bush Jr. has said in his 2 terms of presidency.

Edited by Sepultura

No fans of mike huckabee?

My vote would most likely go to him since i like his pro-constitution attitude and was against bills and laws that got passed that didn't even abide by the constitution. Patriot Act....not consitutional...

You mean the guy who said that he wants to amend the constitution to make it more comaptible with his religion? http://www.pfaw.org/pfaw/general/default.aspx?oid=24933

obama doesnt support the flag...so could he lead a country he does not support?

So how exactly is not supporting the flag (btw, any link please?) not supporting the country? For you, a flag equals a country?

Seriously, Ent, I have no problem with English as the official language, but have witnessed a couple instances where ppl coming from other places thought their children ought to forget their first language and feel that is just wrong.

I don't think someone can be tought to forget a language, but either way, this is between the parents and the children, so the state should not interfere with it.

Ive been keeping up with the primarys because the next president of america interests me alot with america being such an influential country in world politics.

Yeh, what do you make of the recounts and such that are taking place already ?

Has anyone had any problems themselves with these electronic voting machines ? I read one article about a guy who was voting for Ron Paul and the machine kept spitting his balot back out saying it was invalid ??

Happened to the guy after him trying to vote Ron Paul to.

I really really hope Ron Paul wins, he makes the most sense ive ever heard from a Politician. Seriously.

Ive watched some of those televised debates he's been in ( couldnt watch him on the Fox News one though because they didnt let him on ?? ) but yeh , it sounds to me like everyone else is singing from the same song sheet apart from Ron Paul.

He has a good understanding of the way America's image abroad has fallen foul of recent years, and wants to do things to improve that. Not that image is everything, but if you listen to the man he is magical.

And also, I havent yet heard him say anything like '' internets '' which is a bonus.

Wish I was american, someone like ROn Paul could not only change his own country for the better, but the rest of the world with it.