Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

New client patch!

i wasnt casting any spell, i had eye candy on and fullscreen off, i havent tried with eye candy off, it happened in SKF, i was hearing the river, the birds, the music and the battle sounds, i was wearing earphones, then the sound made a loop, like a broken record, and it crashed

Hope that helps ;)

We've been running the patch on a low/hi end PC and so far everything looks very good actually ^^.

However, we are running with Sound disabled.

Edited by marack

i wasnt casting any spell, i had eye candy on and fullscreen off, i havent tried with eye candy off, it happened in SKF, i was hearing the river, the birds, the music and the battle sounds, i was wearing earphones, then the sound made a loop, like a broken record, and it crashed

I had this crash quite often when Torg and me tested the first versions of the new sound system. We could not reproduce it, he didn't even have the crash and the backtraces were useless. With a new openAL version from 0ctane those crashes seem to be gone. Weird one that bug.

EL sometimes has problems on one of my PCs.

Every ~30-35 changes of the map I get a message from the VPU Recover that the VPU had to reset.

My specs: WinXP, Radeon 9200, desktop resolution 1280x1024@32bpp, Catalyst drivers 6.11 (i think there ain't any newer for R300).

Then remember to do a shortcut to this particular client (don't just start el.exe),

Sorry, but what do you mean with that?

een snelkoppeling naar el-patch.exe, dark

shortcut = snelkoppeling

Seems to work fine less resyncs and crashes still lags a bit but could be my connection:)

Problem with textures running full screen:

t_glichm_af67796.jpg (Click to full size)

It's only an example.

I'm getting similar rendering problems with the patched binary in windows XP. I switched video resolutions a few times and it went away. The problem was coming from the set of columns and statues in narilik where you teleport into if you use a ring. It looked very similar to the above post where a texture was extended up into the sky at an angle.

can someone give me the steps because i can't do it. I just found this patch lol.

IT says something like it can run on a DOS or something

Edited by daiske1

There are a number of these threads running currently.

Could the older iterations be locked so we can keep track more easily?