Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

Issues with some graphic cards

We analyzed some of the premliminary data sent by the clients to the server regarding the video cards and the extensions they support.

Most of the users have an OK or GOOD graphics card, but some do not.

For example, here is a list of some people that miss the GL_ARB_vertex_program extension:

User: Schmurk with OpenGL version 1.3 unkown vendor

User: lexus35 with OpenGL version 1.3 ATI

User: Suki_ with OpenGL version 1.3 unkown vendor

User: swordofflame with OpenGL version 1.4 INTEL

User: Korushiku with OpenGL version 1.2 unkown vendor

User: Aarwen with OpenGL version 1.4 SIS

User: extrapolation with OpenGL version 1.3 ATI

User: Shujral with OpenGL version 1.3 NVIDIA

User: JezeBelle with OpenGL version 1.4 NVIDIA

It is worth mentioning that some people might have multiple machines, and it could be that only one of those machines has problems. But we'd be interested to know exactly what video cards they have, and if they updated to the latest drivers.

There could also be more people that lack that extension but did not install the extensions xml file needed for the client to transmit the info to the server. So if you didn't yet, please see this thread: http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=39291

What I would like is for the people on this list to post exactly their video card information, as obtained by doing an: #glinfo in the game. I also want them to update to the latest possible drivers for their videocard.

The reason for this is that we want to use this extension by default in the next client release (it will improve the speed in crowded areas), and for the people in this list the next client version won't work.

[18:14:57] Video card: GeForce2 GTS/AGP/SSE2

[18:14:57] Vendor ID: NVIDIA Corporation

[18:14:57] OpenGL Version: 1.3.0

[18:14:57] Supported extensions: GL_ARB_imaging GL_ARB_multitexture GL_ARB_texture_compression GL_ARB_texture_cube_map GL_ARB_texture_env_add GL_ARB_texture_env_combine GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3 GL_ARB_transpose_matrix GL_S3_s3tc GL_EXT_abgr GL_EXT_bgra GL_EXT_blend_color GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_EXT_blend_subtract GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array GL_EXT_draw_range_elements GL_EXT_fog_coord GL_EXT_packed_pixels GL_EXT_paletted_texture GL_EXT_point_parameters GL_EXT_rescale_normal GL_EXT_secondary_color GL_EXT_separate_specular_color GL_EXT_shared_texture_palette GL_EXT_stencil_wrap GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc GL_EXT_texture_edge_clamp GL_EXT_texture_env_add GL_EXT_texture_env_combine GL_EXT_texture_env_dot3 GL_EXT_texture_cube_map GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic GL_EXT_texture_lod GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias GL_EXT_texture_object GL_EXT_vertex_array GL_EXT_vertex_weighting GL_IBM_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_KTX_buffer_region GL_NV_blend_square GL_NV_evaluators GL_NV_fence GL_NV_fog_distance GL_NV_light_max_exponent GL_NV_packed_depth_stencil GL_NV_register_combiners GL_NV_texgen_emboss GL_NV_texgen_reflection GL_NV_texture_env_combine4 GL_NV_texture_rectangle GL_NV_vertex_array_range GL_NV_vertex_array_range2 GL_NV_vertex_program GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap GL_SGIS_multitexture GL_SGIS_texture_lod GL_WIN_swap_hint WGL_EXT_swap_control

Nvidia GeForce 2 series, archaic as i am aware of ^^

I plan on shortly updating to a 5 series, possibly even a 7. AGP cards are slightly harder to find than PCI's atm (at least on the wonderful world of amazon :pickaxe:)

Thanks,

Shuj

#edit: i checked, it seems i have the latest drivers for this particular card :)

Edited by Shujral

The name-and-shame thread for cheapskates? :(

I am already on the hunt for a new card because i know how bad this is, but wondering first whether to just get a whole new PC (I love EL that much :) )

Video card: RADEON 7000 DDR x86/MMX/3DNow!/SSE2

Vendor ID: ATI Technologies Inc.

OpenGL Version: 1.3.1072 WinXP Release

Supported extensions: GL_ARB_multitexture GL_EXT_texture_env_add GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array GL_S3_s3tc GL_ARB_occlusion_query GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp GL_ARB_texture_compression GL_ARB_texture_cube_map GL_ARB_texture_env_add GL_ARB_texture_env_combine GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3 GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_ARB_transpose_matrix GL_ARB_vertex_blend GL_ARB_window_pos GL_ATI_envmap_bumpmap GL_ATI_texture_env_combine3 GL_ATI_texture_mirror_once GL_ATI_vertex_streams GL_ATIX_texture_env_combine3 GL_ATIX_texture_env_route GL_EXT_abgr GL_EXT_bgra GL_EXT_clip_volume_hint GL_EXT_draw_range_elements GL_EXT_fog_coord GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays GL_EXT_packed_pixels GL_EXT_point_parameters GL_EXT_rescale_normal GL_EXT_secondary_color GL_EXT_separate_specular_color GL_EXT_stencil_wrap GL_EXT_texgen_reflection GL_EXT_texture3D GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc GL_EXT_texture_cube_map GL_EXT_texture_edge_clamp GL_EXT_texture_env_combine GL_EXT_texture_env_dot3 GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias GL_EXT_texture_mirror_clamp GL_EXT_texture_object GL_EXT_texture_rectangle GL_EXT_vertex_array GL_HP_occlusion_test GL_NV_blend_square GL_NV_occlusion_query GL_NV_texgen_reflection GL_SGI_color_matrix GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap GL_SGIS_multitexture GL_SGIS_texture_border_clamp GL_SGIS_texture_edge_clamp GL_SGIS_texture_lod GL_SUN_multi_draw_arrays GL_WIN_swap_hint WGL_EXT_extensions_string WGL_EXT_swap_control

I do have the latest drivers by the way

Seems like a who have the crappiest card contest? :rolleyes:

Anyway, here's what #glinfo gives me:

Video card: Mesa DRI Radeon 20061018 AGP 4x x86/MMX/SSE2 NO-TCL
Vendor ID: Tungsten Graphics, Inc.
OpenGL Version: 1.3 Mesa 6.5.2
Supported extensions: GL_ARB_imaging GL_ARB_multisample GL_ARB_multitexture GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp GL_ARB_texture_compression GL_ARB_texture_cube_map GL_ARB_texture_env_add GL_ARB_texture_env_combine GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3 GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_ARB_texture_rectangle GL_ARB_transpose_matrix GL_ARB_window_pos GL_EXT_abgr GL_EXT_bgra GL_EXT_blend_color GL_EXT_blend_logic_op GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_EXT_blend_subtract GL_EXT_clip_volume_hint GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array GL_EXT_convolution GL_EXT_copy_texture GL_EXT_draw_range_elements GL_EXT_fog_coord GL_EXT_histogram GL_EXT_packed_pixels GL_EXT_polygon_offset GL_EXT_rescale_normal GL_EXT_secondary_color GL_EXT_separate_specular_color GL_EXT_stencil_wrap GL_EXT_subtexture GL_EXT_texture GL_EXT_texture3D GL_EXT_texture_edge_clamp GL_EXT_texture_env_add GL_EXT_texture_env_combine GL_EXT_texture_env_dot3 GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias GL_EXT_texture_mirror_clamp GL_EXT_texture_object GL_EXT_texture_rectangle GL_EXT_vertex_array GL_APPLE_packed_pixels GL_ATI_texture_env_combine3 GL_ATI_texture_mirror_once GL_IBM_rasterpos_clip GL_IBM_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_MESA_ycbcr_texture GL_MESA_window_pos GL_NV_blend_square GL_NV_light_max_exponent GL_NV_texture_rectangle GL_NV_texgen_reflection GL_OES_read_format GL_SGI_color_matrix GL_SGI_color_table GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap GL_SGIS_texture_border_clamp GL_SGIS_texture_edge_clamp GL_SGIS_texture_lod

In fact, the card is an ATI IGP 320M and is on my laptop.

Proprietary drivers for this card don't exist under linux so I'm using the standard radeon driver.

However, I'll try to launch EL under windows later to see if it's better and I'll post the results again...

They're TessAnna and Rehdon :rolleyes:

People keep in mind that this request is for the people on the list in the first post. Not for everyone :laugh:

That's why I asked, because I thought maybe they have some alt on that list and we have a problem with the data gathering. My fingers are really itching to press on the ban button.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, but that wasn't clear for me reading your post: I interpreted "the people on this list" as meaning "the people in *this* thread" not the one you mentioned (which from the context looked like the "put this file into the game base dir to send us your card details" one). Just disregard my video card details.

Rehdon

Here is info you asked for:

[16:58:20] Video card: 740 VGA

[16:58:20] Vendor ID: SiS

[16:58:20] OpenGL Version: 1.4.0

16:58:20] Supported extensions: GL_ARB_depth_texture GL_ARB_multisample GL_ARB_multitexture GL_ARB_point_parameters GL_ARB_shadow GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp GL_ARB_texture_compression GL_ARB_texture_cube_map GL_ARB_texture_env_add GL_ARB_texture_env_combine GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3 GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_ARB_transpose_matrix GL_ARB_window_pos GL_EXT_abgr GL_EXT_bgra GL_EXT_blend_color GL_EXT_blend_func_separate GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_EXT_blend_subtract GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array GL_EXT_draw_range_elements GL_EXT_fog_coord GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays GL_EXT_packed_pixels GL_EXT_polygon_offset GL_EXT_rescale_normal GL_EXT_secondary_color GL_EXT_separate_specular_color GL_EXT_shadow_funcs GL_EXT_stencil_wrap GL_EXT_swap_control GL_EXT_texture3D GL_EXT_texture_edge_clamp GL_EXT_texture_env_add GL_EXT_texture_env_combine GL_EXT_texture_env_dot3 GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias GL_EXT_texture_object GL_EXT_vertex_array GL_KTX_buffer_region GL_NV_blend_square GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap GL_SGIS_multitexture GL_SGIS_texture_edge_clamp GL_SGIS_texture_lod GL_SGIX_depth_texture GL_SGIX_shadow GL_SUN_multi_draw_arrays GL_WIN_swap_hint WGL_ARB_extensions_string WGL_ARB_pbuffer WGL_ARB_pixel_format WGL_ARB_render_texture WGL_EXT_extensions_string WGL_EXT_pixel_format WGL_EXT_swap_control

In addition I am using the onboard video on my motherboard and I have updated to the latest drivers for my old junk :P

The good news is my Christmas present is upgrades for my computer, so I should be good as long as you don't do a big update before next Tuesday.....lol

ok..this is the info I get when i do #glinfo:

[22:59:53] Video card: RIVA TNT2/PCI/SSE2

[22:59:53] Vendor ID: NVIDIA Corporation

[22:59:53] OpenGL Version: 1.4.0

[22:59:53] Supported extensions: GL_ARB_imaging GL_ARB_multitexture GL_ARB_point_parameters GL_ARB_texture_env_add GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_ARB_transpose_matrix GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object GL_ARB_window_pos GL_EXT_abgr GL_EXT_bgra GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array GL_EXT_draw_range_elements GL_EXT_fog_coord GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays GL_EXT_packed_pixels GL_EXT_point_parameters GL_EXT_rescale_normal GL_EXT_secondary_color GL_EXT_separate_specular_color GL_EXT_stencil_wrap GL_EXT_texture_edge_clamp GL_EXT_texture_env_add GL_EXT_texture_env_combine GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias GL_EXT_texture_object GL_EXT_vertex_array GL_IBM_rasterpos_clip GL_IBM_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_KTX_buffer_region GL_NV_blend_square GL_NV_fog_distance GL_NV_packed_depth_stencil GL_NV_texgen_reflection GL_NV_texture_env_combine4 GL_WIN_swap_hint WGL_EXT_swap_control

I have absolutely no clue what it means..lol...

Jez

Video card: VIA/S3G UniChrome Pro IGP/MMX/SSE

Vendor ID: S3 Graphics

OpenGL Version: 1.2

Supported extensions: GL_ARB_point_parameters GL_ARB_multitexture GL_EXT_blend_color GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_EXT_blend_subtract GL_ARB_texture_env_combine GL_EXT_texture_env_combine GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3 GL_EXT_texture_env_dot3 GL_ARB_texture_env_add GL_EXT_texture_env_add GL_EXT_secondary_color GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_EXT_stencil_wrap GL_EXT_fog_coord GL_ARB_transpose_matrix GL_EXT_separate_specular_color GL_EXT_rescale_normal GL_ARB_window_pos GL_EXT_draw_range_elements GL_EXT_abgr GL_EXT_bgra GL_EXT_packed_pixels GL_EXT_paletted_texture GL_EXT_vertex_array GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array GL_WIN_swap_hint WGL_EXT_extensions_string WGL_ARB_extensions_string GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc GL_ARB_texture_compression GL_S3_s3tc

A video card inside a notebook :D

I have updated drivers few weeks ago, but its the poorest graphic card they give to notebooks as i read the opinion.

Edited by Korushiku

sorry for some reason vista doesn't have chat logs 0_o so here's a screenie :happy: and i can't update my drivers for some reason...vistas are uber weird 0_o

glinfo.png

Edited by swordofflame

sorry for some reason vista doesn't have chat logs 0_o so here's a screenie ;) and i can't update my drivers for some reason...vistas are uber weird 0_o

I have vista and chat logs. Are you looking in documents\eternal lands\main?

Edited by DogBreath

Really.. you don't have chat logs, huh?

oops >_< thank's dogbreath, found em. U still need em ent?

Edited by swordofflame

ermm..I found out that I THOUGHT I had upgraded my nvidia card..but I handnt installed it yet..<--blonde..

Now I have tho, and some of the trees look blackened..as if a fire destroyed them..any ideas..?

Jez

I am not sure I understand all the things, well maybe because I'm not very good at OpenGL

First of all, is it a big difference between hardcoding Compiled vertex arrays and making them optional vs normal vertex pointer? Or will you be able to disable this option in config and still run the game as before?

Also, if you want to speed up pushing vertexes into video memory, isnt Vertex Buffer Objects (VBO) the "correct" way in OpenGL?

i was getting alot of buggy textures at certain places in the game usualy shops/insides and some caves.

this would usualy send my grphics card into a deadlock or loop, always with the vpu recover restarting everything taking about 5 mins, sometimes longer.

i found that turning the vertex buffer and compiler off sorted this

glinfo is

Video card: RADEON 9200SE DDR x86/SSE2
[14:29:24] Vendor ID: ATI Technologies Inc.
[14:29:24] OpenGL Version: 1.3.1050 WinXP Release
[14:29:24] Supported extensions: GL_ARB_multitexture GL_EXT_texture_env_add GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array GL_S3_s3tc GL_ARB_occlusion_query GL_ARB_point_parameters GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp GL_ARB_texture_compression GL_ARB_texture_cube_map GL_ARB_texture_env_add GL_ARB_texture_env_combine GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3 GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_ARB_transpose_matrix GL_ARB_vertex_blend GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object GL_ARB_vertex_program GL_ARB_window_pos GL_ATI_element_array GL_ATI_envmap_bumpmap GL_ATI_fragment_shader GL_ATI_map_object_buffer GL_ATI_texture_env_combine3 GL_ATI_texture_mirror_once GL_ATI_vertex_array_object GL_ATI_vertex_attrib_array_object GL_ATI_vertex_streams GL_ATIX_texture_env_combine3 GL_ATIX_texture_env_route GL_ATIX_vertex_shader_output_point_size GL_EXT_abgr GL_EXT_bgra GL_EXT_blend_color GL_EXT_blend_func_separate GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_EXT_blend_subtract GL_EXT_clip_volume_hint GL_EXT_draw_range_elements GL_EXT_fog_coord GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays GL_EXT_packed_pixels GL_EXT_point_parameters GL_EXT_rescale_normal GL_EXT_secondary_color GL_EXT_separate_specular_color GL_EXT_stencil_wrap GL_EXT_texgen_reflection GL_EXT_texture3D GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc GL_EXT_texture_cube_map GL_EXT_texture_edge_clamp GL_EXT_texture_env_combine GL_EXT_texture_env_dot3 GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias GL_EXT_texture_mirror_clamp GL_EXT_texture_object GL_EXT_texture_rectangle GL_EXT_vertex_array GL_EXT_vertex_shader GL_HP_occlusion_test GL_NV_blend_square GL_NV_occlusion_query GL_NV_texgen_reflection GL_SGI_color_matrix GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap GL_SGIS_multitexture GL_SGIS_texture_border_clamp GL_SGIS_texture_edge_clamp GL_SGIS_texture_lod GL_SUN_multi_draw_arrays GL_WIN_swap_hint WGL_EXT_extensions_string WGL_EXT_swap_control 

heres a mild screeny where you can actualy see where the textures have gone wrong. i usualy get black screen then just a large blur. i you want ent i can try and get a screeny of that as mm usualy makes that happen. gen store there seems to be the worst.

buggytextures.jpg

also all my drivers are up to date as far as i can get them as my card isnt surported anymore which sucks :P

saving for a new pc anyways so i'm not changing it.

EDIT: btw i know i changed the colour of the bmp for border in client so that parts my own fault. just normal border was straining my eyes a little

Edited by macca

Video card: Mesa DRI Intel® 945GM 20061017

Vendor ID: Tungsten Graphics, Inc

OpenGL Version: 1.3 Mesa 7.0.1

Supported extensions: GL_ARB_depth_texture GL_ARB_fragment_program GL_ARB_imaging GL_ARB_multisample GL_ARB_multitexture GL_ARB_point_parameters GL_ARB_shadow GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp GL_ARB_texture_compression GL_ARB_texture_cube_map GL_ARB_texture_env_add GL_ARB_texture_env_combine GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3 GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_ARB_texture_rectangle GL_ARB_transpose_matrix GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object GL_ARB_vertex_program GL_ARB_window_pos GL_EXT_abgr GL_EXT_bgra GL_EXT_blend_color GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate GL_EXT_blend_func_separate GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_EXT_blend_subtract GL_EXT_clip_volume_hint GL_EXT_cull_vertex GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array GL_EXT_convolution GL_EXT_copy_texture GL_EXT_draw_range_elements GL_EXT_fog_coord GL_EXT_histogram GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays GL_EXT_packed_pixels GL_EXT_point_parameters GL_EXT_polygon_offset GL_EXT_rescale_normal GL_EXT_secondary_color GL_EXT_separate_specular_color GL_EXT_shadow_funcs GL_EXT_stencil_wrap GL_EXT_subtexture GL_EXT_texture GL_EXT_texture3D GL_EXT_texture_edge_clamp GL_EXT_texture_env_add GL_EXT_texture_env_combine GL_EXT_texture_env_dot3 GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias GL_EXT_texture_object GL_EXT_texture_rectangle GL_EXT_vertex_array GL_3DFX_texture_compression_FXT1 GL_APPLE_client_storage GL_APPLE_packed_pixels GL_ATI_blend_equation_separate GL_IBM_rasterpos_clip GL_IBM_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_INGR_blend_func_separate GL_MESA_pack_invert GL_MESA_ycbcr_texture GL_MESA_window_pos GL_NV_blend_square GL_NV_light_max_exponent GL_NV_texture_rectangle GL_NV_texgen_reflection GL_NV_vertex_program GL_NV_vertex_program1_1 GL_OES_read_format GL_SGI_color_matrix GL_SGI_color_table GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap GL_SGIS_texture_border_clamp GL_SGIS_texture_edge_clamp GL_SGIS_texture_lod GL_SGIX_depth_texture GL_SUN_multi_draw_arrays

*had a link posted, but I got this to paste :)

Edited by popeye