Eternal Lands Official Forums
Garnoo

Godless

Gods give you 20% more exp if you do all their quests but the perk gives 8 free pps, so which is worth more when it comes to a/d? I understand that with god you level faster but with 8 pps you can do a lot. I see there are some useful training perks like nmt/there is no fork which you can get with those 8 pps or will/vit which are also good for training. I'm not the richest person in EL so I can't afford buying a nmt cape and my oa is a little high to wait for 7 pps for nmt perk so i thought about taking godless and getting it. So is it a good idea or just some more crap came into my mind?

EDIT: grammar

Edited by Garnoo

best word to describe it is DEPENDS :D

Depends of what you are in game and where are you in the food chain.

If you are a trainer that wish kill yeti's then take it only when leaving fluffy cuz pp's never are too much for them (yeti).

If you are an harvester take it as soon you can and while u at wraith take ICD, gelly bones, scotty die and antisocial if u don't intend to sell tit ores to WS blacksmith.

If you want to get fluffy asap to get a NMT cape and reset after you can too or if u wanna get NMT perk to get fluffy to reset after take it too.

If you want build a char to be the king of DP arena noobs then take it too.

If you are nihilist in real life take it too :laugh:

Apart from that reasons don't.

When the attribiute cap comes, godless perk may not be as useful.

yeah i agree with this point.i used to have godless,PH,scotty,ICD,antisocial but i decided not to take any neg perks anymore since i reseted,besides powerhungry which i could not resist getting.But after being perkless for awhile i find life so much easier :confused:

Depends on how long you want to play the game. 8 pps is not bad for starting the game. The longer you are here the less attractive godless is. 3 skills @ 20% raised to level 100 is 24.6 million extra experience points. If you can get to a high enough OA where 24.6 million exp is not 8 OAs then more power to you but the odds are not in your favor. Remember also that two of your skills multiple players have passed 100 being att/def and someone recently got to 100 in magic as well. If they ever rework the gods and you can take the att and def god at the same time then you are talking even more experience. Godless is not the way to go unless you are taking it early in the game for a harvest reset before you get the gods.

Tirun

With my first character (Thordix), I took godless as it seemed like free pp and I didn't understand gods at the moment. I resetted at oa 37, because godless was pain in the ass. All around me were levelling faster than me, not because I played less, but because of 20% bonus. So I wouldn't recommend this perk whatsoever the circumstances, sooner or later, you'll be sorry for missed experiences.

Godless is bad.

Take Aluwen and TS only your attack (TS then use def pots).

That way use less HE/SR and break less armor but still get good def exp from god and good att exp from TS.

Not max exp per hour (still close), but max exp per resource used (which is pr0'er and smarter than max exp per hour).

From my experience Godless is one of the truely negative perks. It sucks for every single skill that has a god-patron. I wouldn't suggest taking it at all.

and besides, once youve got 40 mag u dnt need the mag god anymore its just MD from then on and its great exp even if ur godless :)

Edited by bigkav

Depends on how long you want to play the game. 8 pps is not bad for starting the game. The longer you are here the less attractive godless is. 3 skills @ 20% raised to level 100 is 24.6 million extra experience points. If you can get to a high enough OA where 24.6 million exp is not 8 OAs then more power to you but the odds are not in your favor. Remember also that two of your skills multiple players have passed 100 being att/def and someone recently got to 100 in magic as well. If they ever rework the gods and you can take the att and def god at the same time then you are talking even more experience. Godless is not the way to go unless you are taking it early in the game for a harvest reset before you get the gods.

Tirun

Most of the posts here are taken from the point of view that you sign up for the game, take godless and then that is set forever (of course you can reset, but again, the assumption is get godless, reset, never get godless again).

Simple maths as tirun suggests, show that at high levels, godless perk actually loses out (not by much, but a PP or so).. I wonder how many players in game truly have 3 skills at OA 100 which are god compatible? I think it will not be many, and if just one skill is behind at level 80 or so, then suddenly the PP evens out! Now think a little more, 3 skills at 100 would make for an OA somewhere like 122-123. at this level your extra 24M exp is worth a LOT less than 8 levels!

The way I see gods is that they are excellent to level individual skills, but for OA (or pp in truth, since OA is not worth anything other than PP) gods are not good value. so, my advice - take gods in the skills you wish to work hard on, and work hard - focussing on those skils. Once you have the levels to do the things you want, THEN take godless.

to use Tiruns example again - suppose you DO get 3 skills to 100, you have your extra OA already, nobody can take that away. If you take godless at THIS time, then you have ANOTHER 8 PP. Now I haven't dont the maths yet on this one, but no doubt you can see - the experience needed at this level to get 8 PP EXTRA from gods is mind boggling!

So I say, get gods until you are tired of hardcore levelling and/or can do the things you want to, then get godless, take the PP, and spent wisely, the 8 PP can bring in more exp all on their own :huh:

I don't want godless because manu god give 8 extra levels from blessing.

And it makes a difference.

I know I could just use pots and get 5 levels but some of the items I make are far over my level without blessing and expensive.

Maybe I would take godless if saving stones were cheaper, like 5k.

I never take blessing for fighting - too lazy.

But I have changed from att/def god and back several times dependent of, what I train.

I've been godless since day 1, and I've never reset my char and have been playing for years :o

put it all into my will, so I get nice exp on anything low lvl, in turn meaning I get a huge exp boost on things I make en masse (I make just as much exp I get fighting with alch)

godless has it's ups and downs, most people say don't do it but it's up to you. I'd only go for it if you really know what you're doing.

I dont really know how to say this without sounding insulting... so sorry Comet :P

I see in your siggy Comet that you have no skill under 15... Gratz on that.

But you also have no skill over 50 except harvesting, and you say you've been playing this game for years.

You leveled every skill, yes, but none of them to high levels.

Leveling at low levels is easy, and yeah godless wont make much difference, rationality is better.

I just dont think your char is a good example of why someone should take godless, in fact, i'd say its a good example of why someone sholdn't take godless.

Well, I took godless pretty much right away, tailoring is my only skill below 20, been playing around a year, idle like crazy and I think my skills aren't overly crap. :P

With my extra pickpoints, I have no doubt been able to fight critters more advanced than I would have been able to otherwise, with the corresponding (not always) better drops and of course better xp. I have also not had to bother with gods, which is an added bonus, again because I am lazy.

I believe Blodoks also took godless, and I don't think anyone can claim his skills are shabby.

On the other hand, someone like Aislinn (heh heh heh) hasn't taken godless, has been playing 3 times longer than me, and is only a little ahead in 3 skills (and way ahead in harvesting, but...well...lol).

Comparisons like the one you have pointed out, Korrode, are pretty well meaningless and lack validity. How high someone's skills are is more dependant on how often they have clicked a mouse than whether or not they have worshipped a god or gods.

Have fun Athiests and non-Athiests alike!

S.

Comparisons like the one you have pointed out, Korrode, are pretty well meaningless and lack validity. How high someone's skills are is more dependant on how often they have clicked a mouse than whether or not they have worshipped a god or gods.
I wont argue that. You're right, a persons playing style has a lot to do this whether or not they should take godless.

But this being the Combat section of the skills forum, and Garnoo asking about godless in regard to a/d training, i well and truly stand by my recommendation of "Godless is bad".

If you like to Idle a lot while you play, or spend a lot of time just chatting, and have no real ambition of leveling a/d up into the very high ranks, then yeah, maybe godless is for you :P

On the other hand, someone like Aislinn (heh heh heh) hasn't taken godless, has been playing 3 times longer than me, and is only a little ahead in 3 skills (and way ahead in harvesting, but...well...lol).

That's because you steal my spawns :D

I took attack god and magic god, and it suited my purpose fine at the time I did it. My defense at lower levels was flying ahead of my attack and I wanted to keep my a/d more even. Now of course my attack is way ahead of my def and getting further. I added magic god since it was an ally with mortos anyway and every little bit helps. I am considering leaving mortos and going for def god now, but I am not particularly fond of the Aluwen allies for my skill choices, so since there is no point in having a god and not taking full advantage of the allies in my case since I am not exactly a leveling machine, not sure I will do that. Still pondering it.

Bleh I am the worst leveler in general though, especially a/d since it is pretty hard to keep a spawn or not die when distracted by forums or other stuff ingame. (Not the best thing to brag about, leveling better than me :P )

Oh and btw, I have the nmt perk and love it.

That's because you steal my spawns :P

Yea, I'm a spawn boner :/

And on-topic...Korrode, I specifically addressed a/d in my reply, in addition to the other skills (which were only mentioned because of thecomet's post), my thesis being that I was able to tackle higher creatures (due to the extra pickpoints) and hence gain an xp bonus of sorts anyway. In fact, now that I think about it, that bonus will only be of more benefit the higher I go with creatures, as the pickpoint difference will mean more at higher levels. (That is, granted, only one way to look at it)

S.

Edited by Spleenfeeder

@Spleen

Nah, as you get to higher levels it will be less of a bonus, because fluffy and fero are better exp than anything above them, so once u get p/c right for either of them any extra pp's wont do anything, the 20% exp would be worth a lot more.

I get 350k+ exp p/h on feros, and, i believe i could get slightly more with a different attribute setup than the one im using atm... i bet u 10kgc u cant get 350k exp in 1 hour on a single spawn of any monster in the game with godless.

The theory that because a person has 8 more pp's they could train higher creature is true, but only for the very short term.

You need godless only when u are below flufy IMO. But after reaching flufs u ll regret taking godless :P

@Spleen

Nah, as you get to higher levels it will be less of a bonus, because fluffy and fero are better exp than anything above them, so once u get p/c right for either of them any extra pp's wont do anything, the 20% exp would be worth a lot more.

I will defer to your judgement there. Like I said, it was only one way of thinking about it and I admit to being naive about "higher" monster training. I highly doubt I will progress past feros training anyway :P

*slinks off the combat forums now* :D

S.

IMO its about personal choice and how you want to train.. If you want quick att or def level's following a god is a must but if you go for the more laid back approach then there is nothing wrong with godless.

note: I have been godless since day one ( godless in RL so why not ingame and to lazy for the quests :P ) and granted I will have to train my a/d harder than those with a god ( 90's a/d atm so not hard to do godless) but as I see it, I have never had the xp from following a god so I dont miss it.