Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
falonor

Critical Failure

Details regarding EL are not of such importance , what I can say is that the problems described below

repeated them selves in different areas , inside two different buildings of two different maps .

Also had not such problems inside a cave filled with creatures,while attacking.

Image got scrambled , some issue that was with 1.40 too - fixed this and it did not repeat .

Game froze repetitively,independent of FPS - I did not grue nor timed out .

Monitor flickered into black,everything was resumed as it was .

Noticed that when it resumed , windows had configured hardware acceleration for the display troubleshooter

as far as to " Disable all cursor and advanced drawing accelerations "( used to correct drawing problems )

Also got an error message from the ATI Catalyst .

Thou I used minimum graphic settings both within windows and el.ini , nothing adjusted , problems persisted.

Ocasionaly PC froze too,completely,nothing functional.

Upon choosing " poor man " option , monitor went to black but did not resume as usual ; had to reboot .

Read something in the forums similar in a way , but I found no similar errors in my logs only these :

Error: Can't open file "quest.log" and endless " Unknown sound " or " Unknown battlecry sound " lines

After rebooting got a Microsoft Error report , probably cause of the forced reboot.

Choose poor-man again and this time Windows Crashed cause one of the Video Card's files , dumping and

the works .

Got so far two different system error reports plus another one from the Video Card

Software : Windows XP SP 2 2002

Latest ATI Driver from it's roots ( downloaded from the oficial site )

DirectX 9.0 - ran all the tests OK

All Drivers installed for all the components , except the on-board video-card

( un-installed all it's drivers , windows stil recognizes it and wishes to install at every start up ;

left the " display-adapter " with no drivers , and disabled it ;

did this so I could start EL - wrote about this in the previous topic )

Hardware : Processor - AMD Sempron 2400 + ; 1.80 GHz

512 MB of RAM ; Video Card - ATI Radeon 9250

Sound - Realtek AC97 Audio for VIA Audio Controller

Fresh formatted partition , fresh windows instal , fresh EL download and install after previously

installed all Drivers for the Mother Board , ATI Video Card , Monitor ; all drivers are certified ,

all devices are working properly and DirectX tested .

Will put EL to some gaming tests and post if any new information .

Am willing to answer to any questions that might lead to solving this issue .

Edited by falonor

In adition :

Ran EL with in game's lowest settings , including highest settings - NO changes and no differences

Used different Windows , software configurations , no improvement , same issue .

Interesting is the fact that when I activated " poor man " , tried to move inside N Red-Mon Library,

Game Froze , followed by crashing Windows due to an ATI file in system32 .

Also , when activating only ATI bug option inside the Library , clicking did not move ; with both options

moving around worked , but game froze and did not respond as well as everything else just before the

character could make it's last step to stand in the spot I gave it to move to .

If both options are de-activated , the ATI bug and the other bug related one , everything

blocks down having no other alternative but to restart my PC manually

Game also causes similar problems when zooming in / out ; rotating camera , changing perspective .

And since then I am not even able to re log to EL anymore - got the original EL.INI file copied and pasted

( changed the resolution lower , the game did not accept any changes in res mode - it went directly to

800 x 600 regardless the res chosen after it previously was to 1024 x 768 ;

next thing..when logging in , EL exits automatically )

No error logs , no chat log records. Can provide some info from either of them.

EDIT YeeeY EL finally works smooth and almost perfect .

Just a few minutes ago simply double clicked EL.EXE , logged , and guess what -> it runs like a charm.

Here are the steps I made :

- left my system recommended hardware - software acceleration ( it depends on each one's PC )

- had the original drivers previously installed ( thou before , with the same drivers , the game did not work )

- did not made any changes in the EL.INI before starting except to provide the install path for EL .

simply logged in , and upon entering DID NOT zoom out , DID not modify any options , and tried to move

around in the same place I had problems before with crashes and freezes - IT WORKED .

Only thing is , if I over solicit EL by moving frenetically , rotating , casting , using items , NPC interacting

as many actions as possible at the same time , I still get a freeze time for EL only , but far shorter than before.

It really seems there are some areas of EL that present these issue , unlike others. I personally got troubles

in Tarsengaard Storage and in North Red Moon Library .

If any other events involving crashes , freezing , any kind of problems , I will simply edit and add them to the list

so a wider spectrum of what is going on can be compiled to have a better overview of the situation ;

it really might help for all players to report where is that they are encountering problems

Hope this would be of help .

Edited by falonor

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this