Eternal Lands Official Forums
swattter

Give Boneless creatures bones

Since the introduction of the "I eat dead people" perk i've seen the price of bones go from almost nothing to up 3gc per bone. I'm sure there was an abundance of bones at the time, but now bones are really hard to come by even if your willing to pay top dollar for them.

I would like to suggest that more of the higher level creatures drop bones even if that means decreasing the amount of gc they drop. Why do only the male orcs have bones? Cyclops needs massive structure to support that body. Regular rabbits have bones. Chims are just big mean wolves. (don't know about creatures higher than that) It's not like were fighting robots here. What about meat as well? Just a trend i've noticed and maybe that was the plan, but if thats the case the perk has lost a lot of its perkiness.

I like the idea, but wanted to play devils advocate...

Even if you were to add bones to the drops of higher level creatures, do you think the people training on them will actually pick up the bones and add them to the economy? Many of these spawns are too far away from storage to make it worth the trips to empty your inventory.

But i DO like the idea.

Well, some of them would, some wouldn't, others would make a pile of bones at one place and call a guildie with a perk to pick them up...there are possibilities :devlish:

I think adding bones to cyclops', chimeras' and fluffy's drops wouldn't hurt, if we can eat ogres, rabbit and yeti bones (yummy!) why not those monsters?

Probably funniest thing is armed fem orcs dont drop bones, but armed males do (maybe same with unarmed) :D Cyclops are huge human like creatures, according to mythology etc, so they need to have a lot of bones.

BUT the game is an approximate simulation, sometimes even inaccurate on purpose. If we seek ultra realism every creature should drop skin/fur, bones, fur; player chars too :ph34r: How about dwarf scalp? :hug:

All in all, game is a game and argument that some creature should drop bones is not very valid. While I guess the idea was: lets have more bone drops from monsters. I don't think it's needed either, the market price of bone naturally sets the percent of those who have perk

While I guess the idea was: lets have more bone drops from monsters. I don't think it's needed either, the market price of bone naturally sets the percent of those who have perk

The market will set the price that the bones sell for not the percent of those who have the perk - Those who do not have it yet might hear from others that bones are hard to come by and choose to not take the perk. But there are already a certain amount of people who took the perk when there were plenty of bones. The conditions surrounding the perk have changed and adding bones to monsters drops will help counteract that change

i don't agree with this totally as if you say bones are hard to come by now adays what about efes? and other items which are seldom dropped? might as well we put them in drops of like cyclops etc.. and increase the drop rate of them by alot thus making more efes ingame and lowering their prices.

Just wanted to add that IRON's bots buy/sell anywhere form 1k to 5k bones per day, there seems to be no shortage.

Uh actually I believe there is a shortage, this is why the price of has been ever rising. In actual fact (I'm only estimating) probably 1 million bones are eaten per day. Also the supply of bones entering the game is very high too but still not high enough.

IRON's bot trades 5k bones per day? This is misleading you into thinking there are plenty of bones, but these numbers are puny compared to the vast amount of bones elsewhere in EL.

Why can't the "i eat dead people" perk just be more difficult to get a hold of? increase pp requirements... :fire:

i don't agree with this totally as if you say bones are hard to come by now adays what about efes? and other items which are seldom dropped? might as well we put them in drops of like cyclops etc.. and increase the drop rate of them by alot thus making more efes ingame and lowering their prices.

EFE's are the most common (even if their drop rates are lower) enriched essence in the game, correct? So their supply is higher, yet their price is higher than the other enriched essences, why? Simply because the demand for these is much higher, there are too many high level armours that require EFE's.

We don't need to increase the supply of such items as bones or EFE's, but instead to decrease the demand! Make high level armours require something other than an EFE, make bones on replenish 8 food level instead of 10.

what??? i'm talking about bones, not rare drop items.

Anyways I seen a few posts on market channel for people selling bones and if i'm lucky enough to be the fastest typer that night, i'll usually also hear the seller say something like "I had 10 people reply wanting those bones." There is a much bigger demand than supply for bones

what??? i'm talking about bones, not rare drop items.

Private was giving another example of an item (whether rare or not) that has a much higher demand than supply in the market.

Anyways I seen a few posts on market channel for people selling bones and if i'm lucky enough to be the fastest typer that night, i'll usually also hear the seller say something like "I had 10 people reply wanting those bones." There is a much bigger demand than supply for bones

Exactly why the demand needs to be lowered, and to do this simply make bones a less favourable item to eat.

Great idea... and as for hauling bones - it means it is up to the trainer as to whether they haul or leave...

Another option would be to take mortar&pestle and grind on spawn - thus saving on emu - and re-introducing bones powder to the game at an affordable price.

Great idea... and as for hauling bones - it means it is up to the trainer as to whether they haul or leave...

Another option would be to take mortar&pestle and grind on spawn - thus saving on emu - and re-introducing bones powder to the game at an affordable price.

Powder + Paste = 3 bones? :D

Just wanted to add that IRON's bots buy/sell anywhere form 1k to 5k bones per day, there seems to be no shortage.

Uh actually I believe there is a shortage, this is why the price of has been ever rising. In actual fact (I'm only estimating) probably 1 million bones are eaten per day. Also the supply of bones entering the game is very high too but still not high enough.

IRON's bot trades 5k bones per day? This is misleading you into thinking there are plenty of bones, but these numbers are puny compared to the vast amount of bones elsewhere in EL.

well jeez, perhaps you should understand that my point in stating that is even though YOU don't think there are enough bones around, doesn't mean you are correct. I buy bones all day long, and never run out. I never have to offer more then 2gc's each, but i must also be persistant with my advertising. You can't put one ad on chan 3 and expect a deluge of people selling bones to pm you. To call ME misleading because i stated a fact that i can prove with metrics, IS misleading...

Every time I have sold bones, when I had 10k-20k bones from yetis, did I get 6-10 pms first time I were advertising on ch3.

I don't sell now, I use for astro stones.

Many have asked me if I had some to sell, so I think as more bones are used, will prices go up.

I think very few are making bonepowder now.

Bones are too expensive so people don't level pots making reasoning pots now.

I used to do and sell to NPC.

I think reasoning pots will be wanted now, because of the new magic.

It's not like were fighting robots here.

Well it depends :P Although I rarely drop bones.

How about dwarf scalp? tongue.gif

YES! Only if its wearable. :icon13:

I agree with more bones from more creatures can't hurt.

(Little self interest here since I summon on occasion)

well jeez, perhaps you should understand that my point in stating that is even though YOU don't think there are enough bones around, doesn't mean you are correct. I buy bones all day long, and never run out. I never have to offer more then 2gc's each, but i must also be persistant with my advertising. You can't put one ad on chan 3 and expect a deluge of people selling bones to pm you. To call ME misleading because i stated a fact that i can prove with metrics, IS misleading...

Sorry I didn't mean to be offensive in any way.

All I'm seeing is that there are enough bones around that are being sold, but at much higher prices than 2gc per. (you need to show me who the sellers are that you buy 2gc from :P ). Also I guess I've become accustomed to the high supply - low demand trend in the game.

...just my 2 cents...

I agree with the idea to make high level monster drop bones: is more logical (if a feran drop bones, why chimeran don't?) and it will add more bones to the game, lowering the value. A good value for bones, imho, could be around 1,5-2 gc each.

:laugh:

I agree with the idea to make high level monster drop bones: is more logical (if a feran drop bones, why chimeran don't?) and it will add more bones to the game, lowering the value. A good value for bones, imho, could be around 1,5-2 gc each.
EFE's are the most common (even if their drop rates are lower) enriched essence in the game, correct? So their supply is higher, yet their price is higher than the other enriched essences, why? Simply because the demand for these is much higher, there are too many high level armours that require EFE's.

We don't need to increase the supply of such items as bones or EFE's, but instead to decrease the demand! Make high level armours require something other than an EFE, make bones on replenish 8 food level instead of 10.

If you increase the supply and thus lower the prices of bones, more people will be taking the perk "i eat dead people" rather than eating toadstools or feast pots etc. If you make bones less favourable for example, make bones restore less food points or increase the perk's pp requirement (although this solution wont affect those that already have the perk), then less bones will be eaten because there are better things out there to eat and less people will be taking the perk, so eventually, the price will drop and there wont need to be a never-ending demand for them. :rolleyes:

[...]

If you increase the supply and thus lower the prices of bones, more people will be taking the perk "i eat dead people" rather than eating toadstools or feast pots etc. If you make bones less favourable for example, make bones restore less food points or increase the perk's pp requirement (although this solution wont affect those that already have the perk), then less bones will be eaten because there are better things out there to eat and less people will be taking the perk, so eventually, the price will drop and there wont need to be a never-ending demand for them. :rolleyes:

ty for reply :omg:

but the actual price of the bones, imho, is too high to justify takin the perk. Or you will force urself on a never-ending bear hunt, or you have to pay too much for them. Consider also that the bones now is required to make astrology stones, and so they are needed now also from who wish to level in engineering. This is what I say: the demand is rising quickly but the supply is quite the same as when were not the perk neither the astrology stones.

:laugh:

Edited by Marcvs

Sorry I didn't mean to be offensive in any way.

All I'm seeing is that there are enough bones around that are being sold, but at much higher prices than 2gc per. (you need to show me who the sellers are that you buy 2gc from :) ). Also I guess I've become accustomed to the high supply - low demand trend in the game.

Sorry, not even guild members get reports from the bots on WHO is buying and selling. and I only look at that information in the logs if i think charn or shari is being abused. Keeping customer and supplier confidentiality is important. If members of our guild started contacting buyers or sellers who use our bots, it creates various ethics scenarios that i'd rather not have to deal with.

This is what I say: the demand is rising quickly but the supply is quite the same as when were not the perk neither the astrology stones.

I agree with my guildie. The market for bones has been unbalanced by these two events (perk and astrology stones), so there's no way that it can recover on its own. Adding more bones from monster drops would surely help.

Rehdon

This is what I say: the demand is rising quickly but the supply is quite the same as when were not the perk neither the astrology stones.

I agree with my guildie. The market for bones has been unbalanced by these two events (perk and astrology stones), so there's no way that it can recover on its own. Adding more bones from monster drops would surely help.

Rehdon

some items have high demand low supply, others have the opposite. bones went from one side to the other. Here I would say "live with it" but I won't - it sounds harsh, and that is not how I feel :P

What I will say - IEDP perk - bones 10 food and no cooldown, bones costing 2gc per. FP 45-50 food with cooldown, cost is 12-14 gc per. People with perk now eat bones by choice - of course, they are cheaper than FP and they have no cooldown. I am not a bone eater, but I need bones for summoning, and IMO since boneater perk, bones are way under price. If I could buy FP for 15 gc with no cooldown, then you bet your white cotton socks, I would beat a path to the door of the seller. bone price 3gc ftw.

I only wish I never made so many reasoning pots while bones were 0.5gc :devlish:

Edited by sadarar

I agree with vyt...by this logic, everyone you PK should drop organs and several vials worth of blood :/

Good idea in theory though :P:devlish:

I pull up this thread because I had an idea to (try to) "solve" the problem (if you find that this is a problem).

We have a bones to gold spell, now less used than before (selling bones on the market lets you make much more money...actual efficiency of the spell is around 0,6-0,7 gc per bone), why don't we add a gold to bones spell? This spell can be used to convert gcs (or gold ore, or gold bars?) to bones with a random factor as the inverse spell. This spell can have a relatively high level (>=40?), so can be used by people who have reached the higher monster. The convert factor can be close to the market value (or the price that we wish to "level" the price) so around 2gc for every bone (with the opportunity to "adjust" this value during updates).

if you think that is useful, this spell can require a particular object (such as alembic for mercury...) or I don't know...

what do you think about this??

P.S. Sorry if this matter was discussed elsewhere... :)