Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Mage class formulas

Of course, if I do that and someone complains that the restoration should be adjusted to give them full life, I'll ban that person.

Just want some others to see that, you know there'll be some bans. :P:D When's this rollout coming? Just curious. I'm looking forward to it.

As some others suggested that the magic nexus may be used in the formula for magic...

If you assume a PP "costs" the same no matter where you use it, could the formula be modified to:

heal=magic*2 + rationality*5 + magic_nexus*5

So if you top out rationality, you could switch to magic_nexus.

isnt a cross attribute worth 2 pps? it only increases when you put 2 pps to basic atrributes.

so the formula might be:

heal=magic*2 + rationality*5 + magic_nexus*10

Instead of an amazon gift card, can I just get $50 worth of game stuff? I'll make my wish list............

The natural health idea is scraped now.

Glad to know that.

I checked last player in top 200 magic list (and have in mind this means he is probably top 1% elite but not sure since i don't really know the number of active players) and he couldn't even fill Nat health+MOL

Basically no advantage at all over a player with just 21 magic and 4 rat.

Actually if the last one has more nat health he can heal more than a top 200 mage with more rat. Which i think is weird.

I like the linear formula implemented in test server.

Formula works good for me, no actual need to take rationaility, but it sure helps at 250+hp. I stick to 4 rationailty with only 210hp inc. CoL.

Did testing for several hours.

Formula for restoration works fine and like many other ppl i like it very much :)

I could kill yetis with only 48p/c but nothing in inst/reas with cutty w/o any troubles( 0-2restores), but thats probably coz of my a/d, when i tried -19a/d i needed 7 restores, cooldown catched me and i had to diss :)

I also was able to defeat easly weaker players( that r around fluffy/feros lvls), i deal around 40-50dmg with orc slayer to them( still no pickpoints in inst/reason). Also summoned bears dont hit me at all, i can kill them w/o health loss with fist even if its 6 bears vs me ;)

After adding decent amount of inst/reason i hit more often and also have great blocking possibilities but still even max reasoning and my full 143 attack lvl is too less to hit 100% times forest chimeran using tit long even( that is 90defense iirc), same thing with mountain chim and yeti or arctic chims.

Also killed black dragon without dissing(used 20+ bear stones and mana drained them for mana), its just way way slower now than before ;)

bdubityna48pc.jpg

Did also few fights VS Zarariel, she is also a top player with fair ammount of pickpoints and i was not damaging her badly even at max reasoning.

To tell the truth when we both were wearing cutty we still blocked ourselfs better than on current system( no capacity)when we use fists.

Thermal serp +accuracy potion helped a lot, i was hitting her all the time. and she was hiting me pretty often too, even tho her attack lvl is much lower from my defense, and she didnt have maxed out reasoning.

mp

You also have to keep in mind that the tank will also be able to heal, just not as much as the mage.

"Tank" could be useful if there was remote restoration to be used by mages.

Edited by ville-v

Ok, so now after testing it on the test server, do you like it or not?

The restoration spell works fine and seems much more balanced gameplay wise.. the only problem I found is the cooldown on SRs is going to be the killer. Yes I know there maybe ways around that.. increasing your mana etc.. but imo the cooldown needs to be reduced a bit..

I would agree on the SR cooldown comment.

For a "normal" character (well balanced, not heavily loaded in any particular attribute(s)), the restore spell only recovers about half of what it used to. That means a lot more restores, so more mana used. Either restore needs to use less mana (which I think would be good) or SR cooldown needs to be reduced.

Functionally, the formula works fine, I just wish the value of the spell didn't drop so much in terms of HP restored (but that's a "just deal with it" wish).

The restoration spell works fine and seems much more balanced gameplay wise.. the only problem I found is the cooldown on SRs is going to be the killer. Yes I know there maybe ways around that.. increasing your mana etc.. but imo the cooldown needs to be reduced a bit..

I totally agree here. Was it raised? It just seemed longer than normal... It could have been cause I was just sleepy when I went on test server. I meant to comment on it, but didn't see a point until now.

I like the changes :laugh:

I'm glad we've came to an agreement. The formula seems very reasonable and from what I've heard from testers pretty balanced. Number of HP restored is an incentive to train magic and/or put pp in rationality without demanding everyone to do so.

Lowering cooldown on srs a bit might be a good idea, better than lowering mana usage I think - it'll take more of them from the system :laugh:

Yes, the new formula on the test server is very usable. TY

Yes, the new formula on the test server is very usable. TY

Ditto :)

If you want to give 'mages' a chance to continue to progress after maxing their rationality the formula should be rationality * 5 + nexus * 2.5 That way the nexus is only as useful as rationality and you have to get 2 points in nexus to get the same improvement as 1 point in rationality. If nexus is used at all it should only work as well as rationality. Everything seems to be working fine without that addition but if someone wants to be an uber mage that is one way to do it.

TirunCollimdus