Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DogBreath

Decay rates on enriched essences

CelticLady,

I don't think the attitude remark was pointed at you :) you've stated your facts/opinions in a clear, non-accusing method. No one could ask more. :)

I am trying to see this from all points of view, but at some point, unless some better incentive to use them can be found, someone would end up paying the price. Unfortunately in these cases, it's usually the high end player with the pile of goodies. But, my concern extends to them as well I just can't see a way to balance this out and maybe your point is true, it may never be.

And, as you pointed out, even incentives might not be enough, people may still choose to just keep them.

I just seems ashame that the 'drop rates' of this type of item need constant monitoring and no 'long term' solution to this problem can be found. I can't say I'm giving up, but maybe it's time to go back to the drawing board and rethink it some more.

Ty again for your opinion/statements, I would never think your type of thoughtful comments would be considered a 'bad attitude' or unwanted. Maybe we can all learn from your example that if we don't like an idea, there's still a nice way to approach it.

Edited by DogBreath

Perhaps this angle will help also:

There is not an imballence in the game when it comes to the EFE prices or drop rates, there is an imballence in the game where an EFE can make an alembic which is never worth more then the efe, or an efe can be used to make other, more expensive gear that helps the manufacturer make more gc's.

But the game has responded to this imballence by people making less Alembics, and more of the other items. This seems the proper response of a free market. If more alembics were needed, demand would rise and folks would be willing to pay more for them.

If you do not like the price of efe's, its not because they don't drop enough or because people are hoarding them, it's because you have a perception that you can't get one at the price that you want to make the item you desire at a reasonable price. But since you have to compete with the people making more valuable gear from efe's, you are looking for a fix for a problem of perception.

What if Ent were to SAY that the drop rate of efe's has been decreased again, but actually did nothing, what do you think would happen to the price? it would rise quickly for sure. It would make things worse for your situation, would it not?

What if Ent did the opposite, and said he increased the drop rate, but actually did nothing. Hoarders may or may not sell them off, but i'm pretty sure the price would begin to drop temporarily, but once the supply dries up from that initial selloff, we'll be in the same boat again, because demand will STILL outstrip supply.

The issue you have is one with perception of the value of an efe, but since the market as a whole drives this perception, fixing it with artificial limits, timers, expirations or other artificial means does not solve the problem that people with more resources then you will pay more for an item than you because they use them for different items then you will.

No attempt at an idea is a bad one in my opinion wink.gif

Yes, especially ones which implementation is on the cost of others. A very good attitude.

Once again, why don't burn your energy others on something more productive, in example finding some solutions that would make people like me want use our enriched essences. So far you seem to look for ways to force us to use the essences. Oppressiveness leads nowhere. There are more than enough proves of this thesis in the history.

Attitude really necessary, now?

DogBreath is merely trying to come up with a solution, not oppress anyone, or did I miss that episode?

Perhaps a mass EFE wipe is not the best idea, but like I said before surely it would benefit the community if inactive player #(x) EFE was revoked, since there is no way to do this (that has been suggested anyway) I guess we'll just have to live with this problem, coming back to it later when the price for EFE once again fluctuates.

I'm for the idea of more uses of EFE now, or perhaps Ent could just make it less likely to make one, bleh who knows.

Let's go through his all ideas:

• a deadline after which all EFEs are removed;
  • a time after which EFEs expire.

What's the common for both these ideas? They're on the expense of people that have been working hard to get their stocks. It sounds like an oppression, doesn't it? Actually the inactive users items wipeout was not his idea, but who cares? I've already said that this idea I like. Moreover, there is a way to do it what was said by Entropy himself.

@CelticLady

I have to agree with Dogbreath on one, my remark about an attitude wasn't directed toward you;) You're still my favourite manuer ;>

Edited by Kheres

There is not an imballence in the game when it comes to the EFE prices or drop rates, there is an imballence in the game where an EFE can make an alembic which is never worth more then the efe, or an efe can be used to make other, more expensive gear that helps the manufacturer make more gc's.

But the game has responded to this imballence by people making less Alembics, and more of the other items. This seems the proper response of a free market. If more alembics were needed, demand would rise and folks would be willing to pay more for them.

If you do not like the price of efe's, its not because they don't drop enough or because people are hoarding them, it's because you have a perception that you can't get one at the price that you want to make the item you desire at a reasonable price. But since you have to compete with the people making more valuable gear from efe's, you are looking for a fix for a problem of perception.

What if Ent were to SAY that the drop rate of efe's has been decreased again, but actually did nothing, what do you think would happen to the price? it would rise quickly for sure. It would make things worse for your situation, would it not?

What if Ent did the opposite, and said he increased the drop rate, but actually did nothing. Hoarders may or may not sell them off, but i'm pretty sure the price would begin to drop temporarily, but once the supply dries up from that initial selloff, we'll be in the same boat again, because demand will STILL outstrip supply.

The issue you have is one with perception of the value of an efe, but since the market as a whole drives this perception, fixing it with artificial limits, timers, expirations or other artificial means does not solve the problem that people with more resources then you will pay more for an item than you because they use them for different items then you will.

I have no arugment with your logic. Your observation seems well thought out and stated. I agree the price is driven by supply and demand. I only referred to the pricing issue as one of the reasons for this suggestion, there were other reasons as well.

However, I personally (as I stated above) have no issue with the prices or even supply myself (though it seems some how that I'm the selfish one even if I don't really care about this for myself at all.) :P I fight in augmented leather armor with an iron sword and iron/steel shield, I make nearly everything I need and have been able to buy the other necessities. I have 2 alembics, 3 vial molds, 3 sets of iron plate (for special occasions), etc... Clearly, if one searches hard enough they can get whatever they want.

This issue really isn't MY issue... :devlish:

I'm simply a person trying to provide a long term solution to a problem which seems to have several layers and is affecting the community (as observed through reading other posts and talking with others in the game.) One issue being pricing, another being the constant maintenence of 'drop rates', and lastly the perception of hoarding which was made by entropy himself (and entropy pointing out that hoarding was causing the low drop rates currently.)

I analyze problems and look for solutions. They don't have to be my problems and I try not do it in a manner that's looking out for me personally. I'm sorry if it appears that way, or I somehow suggested that I had the problem that needed fixing. I also apologize if it appears that I have no feelings towards others when I suggest solutions, that's not my intent.

I have no arugment with your logic. Your observation seems well thought out and stated. I agree the price is driven by supply and demand. I only referred to the pricing issue as one of the reasons for this suggestion, there were other reasons as well.

However, I personally (as I stated above) have no issue with the prices or even supply myself (though it seems some how that I'm the selfish one even if I don't really care about this for myself at all.) :P I fight in augmented leather armor with an iron sword and iron/steel shield, I make nearly everything I need and have been able to buy the other necessities. I have 2 alembics, 3 vial molds, 3 sets of iron plate (for special occasions), etc... Clearly, if one searches hard enough they can get whatever they want.

This issue really isn't MY issue... :devlish:

I'm simply a person trying to provide a long term solution to a problem which seems to have several layers and is affecting the community (as observed through reading other posts and talking with others in the game.) One issue being pricing, another being the constant maintenence of 'drop rates', and lastly the perception of hoarding which was made by entropy himself (and entropy pointing out that hoarding was causing the low drop rates currently.)

I analyze problems and look for solutions. They don't have to be my problems and I try not do it in a manner that's looking out for me personally. I'm sorry if it appears that way, or I somehow suggested that I had the problem that needed fixing. I also apologize if it appears that I have no feelings towards others when I suggest solutions, that's not my intent.

Perhaps if ent based drop rates on counts of efe's on accounts accessed within the last year would solve it?

nobody reacted on my suggestion,

is that "just because it wont happen", cause I actually think it wont,

or "you dont like my idea".

I'm interested in all your ideas about it.

I can think of a few positive things and a few negative things that can happen if EFE's are restored to old values (the 1 in 3k story previous page, last post).

Positive, enough EFE's to go around, easier to get your hands on them and also safer to sell the ones you have (more open market)

PLUS a very good positive one is that you will actually make them more often and everybody remembers the feeling you got when making something enriched right? Well ... I didnt make ANY EFE anymore since it changed to 1 in 10k, so I lost that feeling.

Negative, flooding of EFE's, because the drop in prices, many people will get a quick good price for there EFE's laying in storage, before they are worth only half of the value now.

Also negative, more high end armour in the game, allthough it isn't restricted only on EFE's, so I don't think that'll be the problem any time soon.

So, please read what I said on previous page or this post and please leave a reaction :)

only trying to help :)

Snip...

So, please read what I said on previous page or this post and please leave a reaction :P

only trying to help :P

My reaction is that the previous rate not being adjusted for a long time is what caused the situation in the first place so going back to it solves nothing.