Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EdwardElric

Quck Idea

Um I truely think that anyone can get pk points for killing players. Why do only the high levels get em? :P

Seems kinda un-fair :*(

I don't see any harm in this idea but plz help me out a little :)

Um I truely think that anyone can get pk points for killing players. Why do only the high levels get em? :P

Only high levels to prevent someone from making alt(s) just to kill them off so the main earns PK points.

Only high levels to prevent someone from making alt(s) just to kill them off so the main earns PK points.

I thought it was kinda ilegal to pvp on same ip :)

Um I truely think that anyone can get pk points for killing players. Why do only the high levels get em? :wub:

Even newbies who train on ogre and r something around a60d70 get pk points from eachother, if u can get to that lvl in like 2 months of playing, it doesnt seem anywhere near high lvl.

Btw, that 2 months was like 2 years ago, now its even faster, as long as u read el forums>skills>combat and know how to lvl up fast :P

mp

Btw, that 2 months was like 2 years ago, now its even faster, as long as u read el forums>skills>combat and know how to lvl up fast :wub:

np after magic update it will be 2 months again :P

EdwardElric : "I truely think that anyone can get pk points for killing players. Why do only the high levels get em?"

Learner : "Only high levels to prevent someone from making alt(s) just to kill them off so the main earns PK points."

EdwardElric : "I thought it was kinda ilegal to pvp on same ip"

Creating alts as cannon fodder helps the high level characters earn PvP points, not the low level ones (which is how I interpret EdwardElric's question).

Alts don't have to be on the same IP. Two or more players could cooperate in this respect - each making cannon fodder for the other.

PvP points to be open to all levels would have to either be segregated by levels (as attempted in the arenas), or actually give a penalty for smegging somebody significantly lower level (ie, you are seen as a bully, not a hero).

See also my suggestion about "Law Levels" in the "A Suggestion about PKing" thread, for a "smooth" separation of levels. Earning negative PK points was rejected by Entropy in the original discussion of the system, but I still think that its the cleanest solution for the least effort.

Edited by trollson

PvP points to be open to all levels would have to either be segregated by levels (as attempted in the arenas), or actually give a penalty for smegging somebody significantly lower level (ie, you are seen as a bully, not a hero).

PK is not really about being a hero, or a bully, iti s about killing people, SUppose you are a high level fighter who is active in PK. You would have to check out every person you see to make sure they are not low level before you killed them to avoid losing PK points!

Also - similar to the points about alts above - what is to stop a guild creating an army of alts with MM perk, and then mass attacking an enemy in the full knowledge they will be dead in 1 hit, and hte enemy will lose a lot of PK points?

Who really cares about pk points? This game is fun win or lose (more fun winning of course) In the long run, does it really matter?

PK is not really about being a hero, or a bully, iti s about killing people

PK is only about killing until you get to the point where someone is using a BroD. It is used only to deprive the other person of their gear because they carry a rosto and wont drop their stuff.

BroD'er/playground bully: drop your stuff when you die/give me your ball

Player carrying rosto/small kid: no, I have rosto/no, it's mine

BroD'er/playground bully: if you dont, I am going to BroD you/if you dont, I am going to burst your ball

Player carrying rosto/small kid: no

BroD'er/playground bully: BroD time :) / burst ball time

Player carrying rosto/small kid: grrrrrr (substitute expletive of choice)

EDIT: I am not accusing you of being a BroD'er Sadarar. I dont know you, and no insult is intended to you

Edited by Matty27

EDIT: I am not accusing you of being a BroD'er Sadarar. I dont know you, and no insult is intended to you

No offence taken - I never even thought it may be directed at me until you mentioned it :D

I like to dip a toe into PK waters for NDD and for events sometimes, and for me BroD has no part there. I guess you could say BroD is a PK weapon since it reduces the enemies chance to avoid damage, but IMO it is nothing but a spoiler's tool. Like yo usay, for bullys.

I'm not sure why you brought it up tho, thread is about whether low level peeps should get PK points :pirate:

Reason for bringing it up is the point that PK is about killing people. That is *all* PK should be about - definitely not breaking someones gear, which some players seem to think is fun

Edited by Matty27

Current thing is sum of attack and defence must be greater than or equal to 120.

I don't see why players of all levels can't earn PK points, but there is no reason a higher level should earn points for killing someone of significantly lower levels. Not lose, just not gain. It will be hard to decide where these levels are, so a gradual drop off in gain modifier (a number that would be multiplied by the PK point gain at current to adjust for levels) would be expected, and of course, if somehow a 20/20 kills a 30/30, he should earn more points than if the 20/20 kills another 20/20, so gain modifier should be able to scale >1.

Edited by freeone3000