Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

Video Extensions test

Our client has the ability to send back to the server a list of all the OpenGL extensions a video card supports.

This is very helpful for us because we can know how to make the client better (for example, there is no point implementing a feature than only 1% of the player's computers support).

This file was supposed to be added with the installer, but we forgot about it.

So please download it from: http://www.eternal-lands.com/extentions.xml (yes, spelling) and put it in your main Eternal Lands folder (where el.exe is).

This file is for all the operating systems.

Please note that all this does is report back to the server, one time only, your video card capabilities. Nothing else (no private information) is transfered to the server.

Thanks, and if you have any questions, ask here.

P.S. You might have to right click on the link then chose: "Save link as", or whatever it is called in your browser.

"This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below."

is what it says that the top of the page, then there is a ton of computer programming stuff i have no clue about.

No link on page to download anything.

right click and save target? :lipssealed:

P.S. You might have to right click on the link then chose: "Save link as", or whatever it is called in your browser.
Edited by Maslicka

Our client has the ability to send back to the server a list of all the OpenGL extensions a video card supports.

This is very helpful for us because we can know how to make the client better (for example, there is no point implementing a feature than only 1% of the player's computers support).

This file was supposed to be added with the installer, but we forgot about it.

So please download it from: http://www.eternal-lands.com/extentions.xml (yes, spelling) and put it in your main Eternal Lands folder (where el.exe is).

This file is for all the operating systems.

Please note that all this does is report back to the server, one time only, your video card capabilities. Nothing else (no private information) is transfered to the server.

Thanks, and if you have any questions, ask here.

The XML page cannot be displayed

Cannot view XML input using style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The system cannot locate the object specified. Error processing resource 'http://www.eternal-lands.com/extentions.dtd'.

Sun

ok for IE users right click "save target as..." then save to your el directory .... not to hard it should save as extensions.

firefox users right click "save link as" same place and name as ie :omg:

HI, I cliked on the link and got this:

Cannot view XML input using style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The system cannot locate the object specified. Error processing resource 'http://www.eternal-lands.com/extentions.dtd'.

Edit: ok sorry, did not see the right click thingy, it worked, thank you :omg:

Edited by Bernie

I clicked the link, selected "file" at the top of my swiftweasel browser and selected "save page as" then saved it to my /usr/local/games/el folder. (I had one in there already, dug it up from the cvs version?)

Is it just me? When I click the link I get the following:

Nevermind...got it now, thanks

Edited by Aarwen

I dont have that option available

What browser do you use?

IE

Have tried to download it with DAP also and got this msg:

The system cannot locate the resource specified. Error processing resource 'extentions.dtd'. Error processing resource 'fi...

<!DOCTYPE extentions SYSTEM "extentions.dtd">

Umm FYI the GL_ATI_texture_compression_3dc extension is detected on my machine only when I'm playing EL on Linux (Radeon X2300 here).

No problems with downloading and placing the xml file in the EL directory :omg: (some browsers might have something like "save link as")

suncie you got something like flashget installed? or a torrent program that can catch ie downloads?

Yes, Download Accelarator Plus. I had it disabled the first time.

Download it the second time with DAP and got the sam error.

Save target is not highlighted, so I don't have the option available in IE

Edited by Suncie