Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ville-v

Exp after cap?

Title  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Should one get oa exp after reaching cap?

• Yes, why not?
    • No
    • No, if the oa level is above the skill level

I have noticed some kind of problem (or is there one?) when people reach the cap of 100 a/d:

If they will still get oa exp from a/d, they will keep training to get high oa and maxed attributes (or will they?).

If they won't, they can never reset or they are doomed to have low oa forever (or are they?).

My suggestion is that after reaching level cap, one won't get experiance to oa at all. Except, if the skill is lower than oa. That would solve everything (or would it?).

I had to make a new topic so that I could make poll about it.

Edited by ville-v

Nice solution ;) .

A/d xp should be given till people reach 100 a/d, after that only from oa 0-100.

Ts'ing should not be able to trick that though.

We already have an attributes cap! If we cant get oa exp after a/d cap,

we wont even be able to kill dragons etc even if we work together!!

Edited by SL7yz0r

That would be really stupid. Attribute cap is 50. If u take p/c 50/50 your all pp's are gone, if u don't take neg perks.

And the idea of attribute cap was, that we would not take that much neg perks and take some positive perks instead of them. That solution would ruin that idea. Now peeps just takes all neg perks to get higher p/c or other attributes, instead of training oa with "normal" ways.

So as u can see I voted no. And I really hope this thing is not gonna happen.

Anyway did u mean, that we wouldn't get a/d exp after oa 100 or won't get any exp after it (oa capped to 100)? If we will get exp in other skills, it's not so bad, but still would vote no. I think u meant a/d exp after read your post little more careful. Sorry lol. But I don't like idea anyway.

Edited by Miiks

That would be really stupid. Attribute cap is 50. If u take p/c 50/50 your all pp's are gone, if u don't take neg perks.

And the idea of attribute cap was, that we would not take that much neg perks and take some positive perks instead of them. That solution would ruin that idea. Now peeps just takes all neg perks to get higher p/c or other attributes, instead of training oa with "normal" ways.

So as u can see I voted no. And I really hope this thing is not gonna happen.

You mean you voted "Yes".

Otherwise im confused.

Ops... yea I meant that ;)

Why the fuck we want people to train for endless times again... ;) .

Go do other skills after you won't get a/d xp, or go Fuckin PK :).

Anyway would u get oa exp from a/d if u have oa 101 and a/d 98/98? ;)

I think yes, but have to ask. I'm bit tired now.

Edited by Miiks

I like training ;)

Anyway, i want to be able to kill high level monsters at least in groups,

since i wont be able to by myself with the attribute cap.

Thats what MMOs are all about, teamwork, right?

Edited by SL7yz0r

Anyway would u get oa exp from a/d if u have oa 101 and a/d 98/98? ;)

I think yes, but have to ask. I'm bit tired now.

Yes, oa xp only not after you got 100 a/d. But you get oa xp from a/d when oa is smaller than the cap.

@Sl7, lets throw teamwork towards PK. And the couple extra oa you can gain by doing other stuff.

Edited by Manderijn

Why the fuck we want people to train for endless times again... :P .

Go do other skills after you won't get a/d xp, or go Fuckin PK :).

I have heard people asking for more safe maps on pk server so that they could train a/d easier. Somehow I am not surprised of the poll results.

I have heard people asking for more safe maps on pk server so that they could train a/d easier.
I don't think it has anything to do with a/d training. It about commerce, and providing just enough safe areas so that new players have a chance to begin to develop. You can't train a/d in a safe area (although it will give you safe access to storage for supplies). Edited by bkc56

You can't train a/d in a safe area

Why do they name that for reason then? All one needs for training a/d is spawn. The bigger and safer, the better :P

I voted third option. THIS is the PK server, NOT the train and train and train until you lose all social life server. We do not want some people to be unbeatable. We want a lot of people close together so there willl be PK. PLEASE just try and remember why this idea started originally!

Well seeing as A/D is the only reasonably fast way to gain OA lvls, after you hit 100 A/D and reset it'll be quite hard to make higher OA than 100 unless you wanna spend ages and ages on other skills which takes alot longer to get XP in.

Well seeing as A/D is the only reasonably fast way to gain OA lvls, after you hit 100 A/D and reset it'll be quite hard to make higher OA than 100 unless you wanna spend ages and ages on other skills which takes alot longer to get XP in.

So you go pk...

So you go pk...

Ya but ppl who never reset will be at much higher OA than you, = you're quite fucked

So you go pk...

Ya but ppl who never reset will be at much higher OA than you, = you're quite fucked

:( Of course.

But if you reset, you can get to 100 oa, with a/d xp, only after 100 oa, oa xp has to come from other skills, this is if yur a/d already was 100/100.

Ya so if you want over 100 OA you're gonna have to spend a SHITLOAD of times on other skills to get OA lvls, instead of PKing.. Q.Q

Ya so if you want over 100 OA you're gonna have to spend a SHITLOAD of times on other skills to get OA lvls, instead of PKing.. Q.Q

Don't want over it then. Surviving from reset may obviously take some time, so you couldn't reset because you are bored but because you have a real reason to do it.

And as Mango suggested, you have fairly good chance to kill people even if they have 10 oa levels more.

Everyone wants highest oa, so if you would get a/d xp, everyone would just train train and train again, and problably those fucked up nexus stones will help screwing it all up again too.