Eternal Lands Official Forums
Stricken

Summoning Stone Problem

What should we do about summon stones?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should we do?

• Remove Summon stones from the npc because it gives a huge advantage to people with alts
    • Up the npc price for all summon stones
    • Make summon stones stats lowered a bit so that they aren't invincible
    • Nothing...

Well here I am playing the pk server for a bit of fun w00t.

And all of the sudden some n00b summons a bear on me which i obviously can't kill. I have a few ideas for the change of these stones because they give a huge un-fair advantage to any person with an alt or 2 who can make 25k per hour. They could just go buy as many tiger stones as they can afford and be on their merry way killing any person they see.

So vote on what you'd like to see done...if anything.

I think it would be good to delete stones from NPCs.

Reasons:

1) That's true what Quizzel said. There will be peeps that will buy millions of summon stones and with 1 or so CD (or does they have different CD?) they can just summon thousand tigers and it's easy kill.

2) There are really strong monsters too that u can summon with stones. Like a. chimps, yetis and giants. With 100 a/d cap and attribute limit 50, it is not possible to kill that strong monsters. At least not alone. And it's not even hard to get money for them if u have few alts making money whole time. If all summoning stones won't be removed, at least strongest monsters should IMO.

3) If there is not NPCs that sells stones, u have to make stones yourself or buy them from other players. So there would be less of them in game and peeps wouldn't use them so much. It would be incentive to raise your summoning lvl too. With summoning stones, u can replace your low summoning lvl with money, but now if u really want to summon, u have to raise your summ lvl.

I think there was all reasons I was thinking :) Hopefully u can understand what I mean.

Edited by Miiks

Hey its fair because if they do it then you can do it.

Dont think "If they summon then i will die :)!! we must remove summon stones"

Think like this: "If they summon on me then i shall summon back and kill those darn ******s"

So there might be summoning battles. They will be great because no pro high level can come kill your summoned monster. so giant vs giant fights ect....

Hey its fair because if they do it then you can do it.

Dont think "If they summon then i will die :)!! we must remove summon stones"

Think like this: "If they summon on me then i shall summon back and kill those darn ******s"

So there might be summoning battles. They will be great because no pro high level can come kill your summoned monster. so giant vs giant fights ect....

But it's bit unfair, because everyone doesn't have many alts and don't have that much money. For example I'm not gonna use alts in pk server. I don't have anything against "normal" summoning battles, but too high lvl summon stones aren't good thing in pk server IMO.

But Ent makes decicions so it's up to him.

Well here I am playing the pk server for a bit of fun w00t.

And all of the sudden some n00b summons a bear on me which i obviously can't kill.

Great, you really understood the idea i had when you were running to me to attack me. :)

I have a few ideas for the change of these stones because they give a huge un-fair advantage to any person with an alt or 2 who can make 25k per hour.

Good that the player with 5 alts understands now what the player with one alt was doing. Thumbs up for that! :)

They could just go buy as many tiger stones as they can afford and be on their merry way killing any person they see.

Bingo, it looks like you understood what the word "stragegy" means. Thumbs up for that too!

Seriously, do you really expect that you can get off with your game play? Killing everybody on sight and expecting no consequences?

You attacked me when i was at storage, when i couldnt see what was going on because of all the windows open.

You attacked me, when i was afk and just came back to see my char fly to underworld.

And now you come up here with a moral thing, like it is not fair that i used a summoning stone?

Seriously, get your thoughts right.

You know why i love the PK server? ppl dont need to whine to mods because something unfair happened. They can take action now and solve their problem on their own. Like i did.

You know, a pk server is a pk server, because everybody can PK everybody else. Not that only *YOU* can pk everybody and all other ppl are not allowed to kill you. You might think about that.

If you change your mind and your behaviour, there might be a chance that i leave you alone, but from now on I can assure you that i always will be able to get such dumbasses like you and send them to underworld. It may take a bit, but from now on, *YOU* are dead meat ;)

Piper

option 1 is:

Remove Summon stones from the npc because it gives a huge advantage to people with alts

i find this ironic knowing how many alts you have

Summoning stones could be removed from NPC for couple of months when the beta ends. After that people could handle the stones or even make their own ones.

I'm not in pk server, but i'm a summoner in main. I think that in both servers (with attributes cap and rationality linked restore) summoning should be tweaked. One possible solution is to leave the prices and monsters as now, but alter the summons behaviour. Every minute a check is made on your summons to see if they are willing to obey you. The more charm & summoning lvl you have, the more they obey. The more power the summon has, the less it obeys. When charm check fails, the critter rebels againts the master :)

This way only a group of dedicated summoners will be able to use stones efficiently without risking suicide. So in the beginning everyone wont risk to use a stone until they have decent summon/charm, and by the time summoning is leveled enough, good fighters will be around. Maybe this will work better in the main server where there isnt an a/d cap..

I'm not in pk server, but i'm a summoner in main. I think that in both servers (with attributes cap and rationality linked restore) summoning should be tweaked. One possible solution is to leave the prices and monsters as now, but alter the summons behaviour. Every minute a check is made on your summons to see if they are willing to obey you. The more charm & summoning lvl you have, the more they obey. The more power the summon has, the less it obeys. When charm check fails, the critter rebels againts the master :)

This way only a group of dedicated summoners will be able to use stones efficiently without risking suicide. So in the beginning everyone wont risk to use a stone until they have decent summon/charm, and by the time summoning is leveled enough, good fighters will be around. Maybe this will work better in the main server where there isnt an a/d cap..

I like that idea. But I think it could be in pk server too. And the stronger monster the higher change that it attacks it's owner, so u really would need high summoning and charm to summon them even with stones. Then I don't care if summon stones are sold on NPCs.

The more the stones are bought from NPC the more money is taken out of the system (which is good I think..) perhaps remove those stones from the stores but add a certain amount of gc to the ingredients to make the stones..

So a fluffy summoning stone would require the same ingreds as now + quantity 3 of item: essence of summoning (or whatever)... Which would have to bought from some npc too :(

Now the players control who get the stones.. which is much better then buying from shops

edit:

+ It will take a long time be4 people actually get the required/suggested summoning level to make one of the better stones.

Edited by BlackFalcon

not so true on the alt's ent i can easily do 5 at a time, pk or not i was running 1 main, 2 on pk, 1 on test, and still with ease. before when i was caught i was using 4-5. (years ago) lol.

I've been running my main server character and the pk one at that same time (for the little bit ive been on pk :fire: ). And I think the pk server character requires a lot of attention, you don't watch for a few minutes and you could end up dead. Its easy enough to leave the pk server alone when I'm on IP and then take care of the main server. But I think it would be very difficult to run as many as 5 alts ALL on the pk server. That is what entropy was talking about i believe. If you're trying to keep track of 5 different characters in a constant pk environment chances are one of them will get killed.

5 at a time, pk or not i was running 1 main, 2 on pk, 1 on test

1+2+1=4 :happy: maybe you just typed it wrong while you were playing your alt :P

Well 4 is all i can do, im restricted to 1 on main, and havent payed for more on pk :fire:

It is easy for me, i can just go get 2 more monitors of mine sitting round and plug them into my other video card, i can run 3 monitors with a eh.. decent speed, 2 is much better.

Just get some decent apdc, and you kill them all np, and get magic 30 to cast MI whenever you see tigers around.

Bears are waste of money now, since they cant be used as disscatchers, cant be used to drain badpkers their mana (no cooldown), so theyre just usefull to give someone def penalty, or to kill someone who is at low lvls.

I'm just thinking, how tigers will work, if there is no cooldown? :happy:

Do they make cooldown anyway?

I guess so, because items have full cooldown while one logs in. The 1-sec-cooldown is only after using the item.