petition for attributes cap

Attributes cap - yes or no  

449 members have voted

1. 1. Attributes cap at 48

• Yes, cap like this
    • No, no cap at all

hurray yeh lets just have 100s of polls over the same topic :):icon13:

i dont care, do what you want

#Edit: besides i still voted no, i dont let other ppl change my believings by telling me the blue from the sky.

After all i dont care if we get the cap or not besides i lost the trust anyone important actually cares about the

oppinion of players, if the no post would've won this petition, another petition would have been made up etc etc

till the idea comes ingame, pointless to vote.

The problem was with the old poll and like so many before it was there wasnt a discussion before hand, people were airing there views and voting at the same time..which to be honest isnt good , players need time to weigh the pro's and con's and listen to others views.

What this poll means ( and dont forget the last poll was won by YES as well ) is that people vote with there heart and not there head ( i wont say like noobs because thats not really fare), but after listening to the views of others change there mind, if people dont change there mind and still vote NO then that is there choice, at least after the discussion no one can say they are voting blindly..

hopefully all future polls will start with a discussion before hand and a vote a few day/week later after people have had time to decide rationally what they want.

i agree much with you there, WE never got a base really on what we are actually voting, what the tweaks

will be. we only voted on the title of the topic and thats all. i think the complains that pisses radu off are

his own faults by not letting enough info go through. a discussion round before would indeed tend more

ppl to think about it twice before voting.

I'm still concerned about spawns getting crowded. However, after talking to a number of people who currently have an attribute over 48 (some that do PK, some that don't), as well as reading additional information in the other thread (such as, that using arrows will require reasoning 20), I am changing my vote to 'yes.'

lilcnoot

Well, I still voted no. I feel somewhat more comfortable after reading, considering, and have discussions with more knowledgeable players. I think the comments like--"well, you will never max out all your attributes with a cap of 48" is exactly my concern. I never intended to max out all my attributes. I intended to focus on those that most closely supported my skill(s) of choice. I know, I know--all attributes affect fighting to one degree or another, but some have a much closer and tighter correlation to success in fighting than others.

For example, after you hit 48 coord, instead of adding coord to get increases in might, dexterity, and reaction--all key to successful pk, you must add reasoning for dexterity, instinct for reaction, and phys for might. A 3:1 deal. Which means you'll have to achieve many more OAs to get the same cross attributes that are directly related to success in pk to arrive at the same effective result. This generally means a longer time to success. People who currently have very high a/d's as a result of the ability to add coord instead of several other attributes to achieve the same result, will have even more advantage than low to mid level a/d folks than they already enjoy. I do not relish the idea of longer fights, when I alone have no chance of ever winning the fight, but just longer to run away.

I do see some benefits of this cap, and I think it will be a while before the negative effects are keenly felt, but they will be felt more over time. The more time that passes, the more we all look the same--it is not a matter of "if" but "when". Regardless, we will all adapt, I'm sure.

Edited by Ozmondius

I'm still concerned about spawns getting crowded. However, after talking to a number of people who currently have an attribute over 48 (some that do PK, some that don't), as well as reading additional information in the other thread (such as, that using arrows will require reasoning 20), I am changing my vote to 'yes.'

lilcnoot

Really? Could you give a link?

lilcnoot

Really? Could you give a link?

Ok, here is my final decision, after a few days of consideration:

There won't be a hard cap on the main server. That means, people will be able, in theory, to get as much coordination as they want.

The reason for that is that too many things would have to be rebalanced (most of the mobs, summoning stones, and so on).

All this being said, most of the competitive players will have to reallocate at least 20 or more points if they want not to be massacred by n00bs with bows and arrows. Perception will play a very important role in dodging arrows, and in firing arrows as well.

So if your perception is 4, you won't dodge much arrows at all, they will all hit, and when 10 people fire an arrow that does 40 damage, you'll be dead before you can even blink, let alone restore.

Furthermore, there will also be new, more powerful landmines, and if you don't have a high perception, you can't see them, and again, you are dead.

The pets power will be affected by the master's charm as well, so some n00b with a high charm and a well trained pet will be able to be a formidable enemy.

Because of all this new changes, placing everything in coo will be.. unwise (not to say downright stupid).

From this poll http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=39201

Edited by Zamirah

I know, I know--all attributes affect fighting to one degree or another, but some have a much closer and tighter correlation to success in fighting than others.

For example, after you hit 48 coord, instead of adding coord to get increases in might, dexterity, and reaction--all key to successful pk, you must add reasoning for dexterity, instinct for reaction, and phys for might. A 3:1 deal. Which means you'll have to achieve many more OAs to get the same cross attributes that are directly related to success in pk to arrive at the same effective result.

That is so not true lolx, on pk u r only as strong as u r compared to other players.

I remember convo with u, u told me u train to kill/win vs some player that i wont give name here, i asure u u will have 0 chances to do so if current system stays( u will lack a lot of coord to hit a person other way than with the mirror).

By a lot i mean even if u someday( in a year or two if u train hard and smart all the time) reach oa 150 u still wont be hitting/blocking that person, even if he wont make single a/d/oa lvl from now on :)

No idea why u have voted NO.

mp

voted no with all the other attribs aside from P/C in mind <_<

That perception idea is off, isn't it... ?

I thought we were voting for a hard cap of 48 at the moment. :)

That we're voting for a cap now doesn't mean there won't be arrows and that perception won't be important anyway :D

I thought we were voting for a hard cap of 48 at the moment. :)

That we're voting for a cap now doesn't mean there won't be arrows and that perception won't be important anyway :D

Yes, and people with high coord/OA will need reset or to buy 20 coord removal stones when arrows are in game.

If we don't get the cap at 48.

Edited by Zamirah

Incidentally, the prospect of this cap seems to have sent the price/value of attribute removal stones down through the basement.

Poor harvesters, Pay them good! :) (remeber though, on NMT poll prices went down then back up, so meh)

~kGn

Well, I still voted no. I feel somewhat more comfortable after reading, considering, and have discussions with more knowledgeable players. I think the comments like--"well, you will never max out all your attributes with a cap of 48" is exactly my concern. I never intended to max out all my attributes. I intended to focus on those that most closely supported my skill(s) of choice. I know, I know--all attributes affect fighting to one degree or another, but some have a much closer and tighter correlation to success in fighting than others.

For example, after you hit 48 coord, instead of adding coord to get increases in might, dexterity, and reaction--all key to successful pk, you must add reasoning for dexterity, instinct for reaction, and phys for might. A 3:1 deal. Which means you'll have to achieve many more OAs to get the same cross attributes that are directly related to success in pk to arrive at the same effective result. This generally means a longer time to success. People who currently have very high a/d's as a result of the ability to add coord instead of several other attributes to achieve the same result, will have even more advantage than low to mid level a/d folks than they already enjoy. I do not relish the idea of longer fights, when I alone have no chance of ever winning the fight, but just longer to run away.

I do see some benefits of this cap, and I think it will be a while before the negative effects are keenly felt, but they will be felt more over time. The more time that passes, the more we all look the same--it is not a matter of "if" but "when". Regardless, we will all adapt, I'm sure.

Firstly, what MP said, PK strength is relative to the other players, so if they're capped as well then it's fair. And secondly, it won't be harder to train a/d for pk because you can get nice exp without having to worry about recovering a reset (to go from training build to coord build for PK).

Firstly, what MP said, PK strength is relative to the other players, so if they're capped as well then it's fair. And secondly, it won't be harder to train a/d for pk because you can get nice exp without having to worry about recovering a reset (to go from training build to coord build for PK).

Ozmondius just wrote down my concerns, and i am not a fighter, I'm a mixer. tbh. i quit reading most part of the 22 pages poll before.

I still have my concerns for a 48 cap. i think though a cap will be good but i would rather see it at 60.

Reconsidering what others say, and i don't care about "you wont be able to reach cap on every attribute" cause thats the most childies and stupid argument i have seen sofar, but other well thought reasons i tent to say, lets give it a try.

Personally i already am building my char with spreaded attributes, and with every pair of pp's i am going to spent at the Wraith i reconsider the benefits and what they should be used for.

So just lets hope there will be some adjustment for the monsters (imho anything less stronger then yeti should be fightable by a single fighter) and look forward to new stuff like bows and arrows and such.

If some people think that caps will make players stop training they are doing a mistake.

They will keep training as always to spend some extra pps to instict or vitality or to buy a perk.

Don't hope that with caps u ll kill toomass or Ambro :P

On the other hand its good cause a/d will become important again.

For me its exactly the same thing so i don't have any problem with the final decision.

I voted no, being a non-pk er, I need all the emu i can get for manuing and such, since bags seem never safe while I go afk alot during my playing time (work issues)

However..if it was implented, i would find a way to work around that issue, like I did with most changes here.

Still.I am concerned about one thing, this will prolly effect not just players..but bots as well..at least those that are not blerssed, but used every negative perk to get high emu..has that been considered?

Jez

I thought we were voting for a hard cap of 48 at the moment. :P

I'm with Mango. I thought the vote was yea or nay for a Hard cap. (of whatever number).

=S

I voted no, being a non-pk er, I need all the emu i can get for manuing and such, since bags seem never safe while I go afk alot during my playing time (work issues)

However..if it was implented, i would find a way to work around that issue, like I did with most changes here.

Still.I am concerned about one thing, this will prolly effect not just players..but bots as well..at least those that are not blerssed, but used every negative perk to get high emu..has that been considered?

Jez

I think that once declared a bot itr will stay the same jez,I may be wrong but i think the bots r safe from the caps

Voted No. This for many reasons, instead of just going with the flow, it is better to think of all the aspects that will be greatly influenced by such measures. The E.L. economy would be impacted negativley; such cloaks as the NMT will no longer be worth getting since pp's wont be as valuable as before for most player who only focus on half of the skills, due to time restrictions or just out of choice. Positive perks will finally be worth getting and the need to get negative perks will be reduced. Cols and Com wont be as popular as before (not that com is that popular anyways). If the cap does pass, a lot of changes would be needed in the near future to balance things out. It's been some time since I started playing EL; not all changes have poritively affected the game but they've been able to fix them and make this a great game.

Edited by scarface