Eternal Lands Official Forums
molime

petition for attributes cap

Attributes cap - yes or no  

449 members have voted

1. 1. Attributes cap at 48

• Yes, cap like this
    • No, no cap at all

this is just my opinion....we are all entitled to one so dont be biting my head off (like a few pms i have had)

As i said in other poll, we will be stuck with neg perks that we would not have taken if we knew levels would be capped...and to answer the pms i am one of the "older" players who have been here since the start, i stuck with it through thick&thin. I remember the famous bag bugs full of gc and the game crash when we lost our first chars..This is the 2nd char i have got to 100'soa lvl and i have been through alot of resets.i am very happy with this char, finally....now i would have to reset yet again.

I like this game because its is everything that runescape&WOW isnt, it has a great community and no limits to your character build.If this must happen :P ,We should have someway to get rid of our negs, even if you have to pay an NPC 100k to do so. because resetting again is just not worth it.

No skill caps are being added. You will still have the same number of pickpoints to spend as you see fit. Instead of extra coordination to help you block enemies, you can have extra instinct. Both give you the same exact reaction cross-attribute. There is no loss, therefore no reason to double back on your commitment to any negative perk(s). I have reset from overall level 150 before (not even because of bad perks), so I understand your desire not to reset. If taking a neg perk for X pickpoints is deemed worthwhile, you would still have X pickpoints in exchange for the same neg perk afterwards. You are no worse off. On the positive side, this is a change that EL desperately needs. Read through the plethora of good reasons and explanations in the discussion thread if you want a better understanding.

Please, don't be selfish. Do what is better for EL.

Edited by asgnny

voted like the noobs you are.
Well i can only assume that's not directed at me, as my vote, opinion and reasoning hasn't changed from the word go.

(says the mixer with 'only' 840 EMU, managing well)

Before reading Molime's long post ; http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...st&p=404472

I was totally against the idea, afraid of being limited to EMU, a few buddies of mine in-game were giving me reasons to lead toward liking the idea, then I read Molime's post in the other topic, and I noticed, she's a wonderfully high mixer, and if she can get that high without 1k+++ emu, why can't I?

After thought, I grew on the idea, thinking it would not be so bad with the change for me, and in the long run, wont (or shouldn't) affect other players (much) either.

Now I am not a fighter, but from the looks up it, it SEEMs that most fighters (pkers too) like the idea. This would indeed put most impact on the fighting aspect of the game.

The 1st poll my vote was no, but the more I read the more I want the cap this sounds to be fun. :)

__Icy__ :P

Guest ohmygod

I am still assuming that summons and other mobs will be tweaked to take into account attribute caps placed players.

Voted Yes again.

If I don't care for the results of this poll, can I start a new one too?

I told you in game already, but this petition got started because Ent asked for it in the other topic. To have players ask for the cap. Not because I'm not happy with the results of the previous one, because that one already had a majority. Just a bit less than what is required for this one. So just the 2nd poll that was asked for, for people who had changed their mind for example. Just not started by Ent, but by players.

I posted this before I had a chance to speak to you in-game.

It would not be as bad of an idea to cap the maximum difference between the attributes as it would be to cap the attributes.

For example:

A player gets stuck with nowhere to go after maxing out all attributes....

vs

A player can keep getting higher and higher in attributes as long as their highest attribute is within X amount (the relative cap) of their lowest attribute.

For the nature of this game (not having limits), I think this cap is a bad idea using the proposed terms.

It would not be as bad of an idea to cap the maximum difference between the attributes as it would be to cap the attributes.

For example:

A player gets stuck with nowhere to go after maxing out all attributes....

vs

A player can keep getting higher and higher in attributes as long as their highest attribute is within X amount (the relative cap) of their lowest attribute.

For the nature of this game (not having limits), I think this cap is a bad idea using the proposed terms.

Come to me when you max out all the attributes, and I'll lift the limit a little just for you!

I agree, that without a cap, the "invincible" high level players, will only take losses due to grue.

But, on the other hand, a good amount of them, have been there from the start, so treating

them like legends, might not be so bad. (give them a special cape? compromise?)

If infact, there was never a cap, the players that have insane levels, would really have no competion,

and, no real goal, other than to knock down yet another dragon with increasing ease.

This is past the era of PacMan, where all you need to do, is remember the pattern, and you join the

10 million other players on the same high score. (prob more than that)

With most games, 99 or 100 is top level. Signifying 100% completion of the level.

I do agree, that it may pick up the PK'ing, although I dont PK. As, i do agree that it will force players

to use thier pick points more thoughtfully. As it is now, all I see people talk about is A/D and P/C.

I think that in itself tells the story. (the other attributes are left as "not important enough")

48? no comment. I really dont know how that was derived. (no pun intended)

Cap/NoCap ? hmmm got me on that one.

okay, my opinion only:

Although I can understand the definite advantages for an attribute cap from a game designers perspective:

- balancing maximums for all characters

- promoting the use of other attributes

- neat client stuff like dynamic character generation since it's a range

I wonder if the overall problem is not that of attributes but of overall levels.

There will always be a gradient from low level to high level characters in a broad spectrum sense

(attrs, gear, spells, summons etc etc)

so limiting these attributes only compresses this gradient .

I think PK will be no more attainable in the future by those who cannot approach it now.

Ultimately what I think is required is some new task for the great and high players

- perhaps even some tangible item like a server or a year of fibre net,

enabling something insane like godhood or gigantism perks that end character development.

This providing the "Win" scenario that truly high level characters can attain, and start to level alts to do it again.

Of course we'd have to have some awesome hundred chars fights with dragons, giants and gods :P

my 2 cents :)

Very interesting Arbitrage: "so limiting these attributes only compresses this gradient . "

Only emphasizes the fact of "team-work" in fighting off the invaders.

The "big-guys" will more need the help from the "little-guys" more often.

I like your post. I help when i can in invasions, but PK, no. The insane-levels sit there all

day, just to kill another not-so-insane level. It really is discouraging.

With the new PK pointing system (I think is intact) , they will only sit there more often, knowing

they will get even more rewards for a no-competion situation.

Edited by BrokenAero

I think PK will be no more attainable in the future by those who cannot approach it now.

With the current system, a few players are virtually impossible to kill (there are ways to kill them, but very hard and expensive).

With the new system, it will be easier for multiple high level players to gang up on them and kill them.

This is not about compressing gradients, it is about disallowing unrealstically high builds.

With the current system, a few players are virtually impossible to kill (there are ways to kill them, but very hard and expensive).

With the new system, it will be easier for multiple high level players to gang up on them and kill them.

This is not about compressing gradients, it is about disallowing unrealstically high builds.

Agreed. Currently, the dominant strategy is simply: add more coordination. No thought, planning, or strategy is needed from players. I strongly doubt everyone who exceeds the cap currently, will spend their pickpoints in only one attribute. There will no longer be a dominant strategy for pickpoints. Maybe PK maps won't be occupied by the almighty tumbleweed, if newer players have more of a chance.

After lots of thought I agree. The only real issue I had with this was the lower emu. I seen a screenshot with masterpiter and a 1500 EMU and was envious..

I am 1900 emu on that screen :)

And emu loss is a price i pay gladly for more fun ingame, YES from me :)

mp

voted 'yes' , pps will be return so i dunno what ppl r afraid of , it means only les emu and better chance to fight with higi lvl players ;p

java script:emoticon(':)', 'smid_29')