Entropy

Attributes cap for the main server

Attribute caps  

410 members have voted

1. 1. Cap each attribute at 48

• Yes!
    • OMG WTF no way!11!!

From http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...st&p=404090 :

Yeah, ok, some cross attributes have to be even to get a bonus. So I can make it 48 instead.

I would say let it be 50, since not all cross attributes have the even, let the players decide what they want to put where. That also allows you to set C to 50, and raise other attributes some, like to 46 to still keep it even.

A summon level for stones are you nuts? they are a huge asset to the game, and if you do that then all the summoners in the game will no longer make money because people who do buy stones don't wanna level up to begin with.

A summon level for stones are you nuts? they are a huge asset to the game, and if you do that then all the summoners in the game will no longer make money because people who do buy stones don't wanna level up to begin with.

:) ... because I need your money...

I'm hoping you need pp or lvl to use summ stones from last year

edit: present continuos :)

Edited by Blodoks

From http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...st&p=404090 :

Yeah, ok, some cross attributes have to be even to get a bonus. So I can make it 48 instead.

I would say let it be 50, since not all cross attributes have the even, let the players decide what they want to put where. That also allows you to set C to 50, and raise other attributes some, like to 46 to still keep it even.

The only issue with this is for players who already exceed 48 of a given attribute. These players will perhaps be "stuck" with 50 of an attribute, rather than a possibly equally effective 48. It's not such a huge deal either way, though.

Yet again another not so brillian idea, if you start capping attributes off then what the hell is the point of having high level critters if you dont have the P+C to kill them?

Yet again some one is thinking far too hard, this will only drive people from the game. I know of a close friend that is seriously thinking of going.

So please stop thinking too dam hard.

:)

Edited by DragonStorm

Yet again another not so brillian idea, if you start capping attributes off then what the hell is the point of having high level critters if you dont have the P+C to kill them?

Yet again some one is thinking far too hard, this will only drive people from the game. I know of a close friend that is seriously thinking of going.

Well, the point is that you can compensate by spending pickpoints on other attributes that add to the same cross-attribute as physique or coordination (except for might obviously :)).

For the cap at 48 or 50, doesn't really matter for the ones with over 50 because it'd be 4 attribute removal stones at the maximum (so around 100k gc).

Teamwork, as they were meant to be. You know, a multiplayer game.

Any idea how many people that have left will be coming BACK if this happens? Most likely more than will leave. Unless people already leave without having a clue about if and how it will actually affect them.

If more might is needed for players to have a chance against the stronger creatures, I'm sure they will be adjusted. The difference is that with a cap, the maximum might would be 48, so Entropy can adjust the monsters appropriately. It's a lot tougher to make a "reasonable" dragon when some players are at 100 might, and others struggling to break 50. Beyond the might cross-attribute issue, players will, on average, have more health and/or mana after a cap. This means instead of only being able to withstand a handful of hits from a dragon or giant before fleeing, maybe they can stay longer.

Just as EL is dynamic enough to implement an attribute cap, it is equally so to have monster stats change accordingly.

Stricken, i'm not nuts.. much, but a level for summon stones could cause people to start levelling summon instead of being just dependant on a/d, it would stop people just doing a/d because they know now that they cant get help from white tigers or wotever without a certain summon level, so it might be good.

also wouldnt be so easy to just cast giant in PK annialating every1 coz of cap ;/

Edited by Logger

Stricken, i'm not nuts.. much, but a level for summon stones could cause people to start levelling summon instead of being just dependant on a/d, it would stop people just doing a/d because they know now that they cant get help from white tigers or wotever without a certain summon level, so it might be good.

also wouldnt be so easy to just cast giant in PK annialating every1 coz of cap ;/

I would not start levelling summon, I would quit pking.

I find summoning extremely boring. :P

I would go harvesting.

Asgnny/Molime/Masterpiter and others have it down pat. I have a lot of respect for these three persons. For those that think that you need all might to kill a dragon, your wrong. Give me 500 hitpoints, 250 Mana, a Mirrior cape and a cutlass, some boost pots and even at my lowely level. I will kill a dragon.....eventuly. Might take me an hour or two. The only difference this cap will make, is it will add to the stratagey of the game. Right now the stratagey is this.....

36P

20 Will or Vitality (Higher levels can probably get away with 16)

Everything else on Cooridination

Human 7 for a glowy sword

Harvest Coal / serp yeties for gold coins

How many people are stuck in this pattern? (I raise my hand)

How many top summoners, crafters, poters can get out to pk if they have 20 pick points stuck away in nexus.

With the level cap, It will make a more level playing field. Meaning If you have the same attributes as me, and are 20 A/D levels higher then me, you will pawn me every time. Attack and Defense is a skill. It should be treated as such. And the combinations with 6 attraibutes 44 points on each + the nexus avaible, the comibinations of charater builds will be in the 15-20 Million Range. This will mean there will most likely not be 2 people with identical builds/stats. Wont this make the game more intresting? Maybe I just dream of a world where not everyone follows the same path. Yet everyone has a chance to compete.

Yesterday i ran through all the thoughts lot of ppl have, and i was a little pissed.

today i have been reconsidering and still like an idea of a cap at a sertain lvl. However, what i read in a lot of comments, is the simple fact that lot of ppl cant stand in a fight and want that adjusted. Imho, the game has until now left every one free to do what (s)he wanted and the way they wanted to accomplish there goal.

with a cap at 48 a lot has to be done by adjusting critters as well, because spawns will be flooded soon. You cant force ppl to go hunt in groups if they don't want that. Lot of ppl ain't in any guild and don't want to be forced into one either just to hunt a MC.

There are some monsters that are meant to be hunted in pacts, like dragon and giants. I don't know if thats the case with yeti too, but lets presume they are. Then if you want to hunt a strong monster you have to do that with 3 or maybe even 5 ppl.(thats what happens when ppl go for a dragon at least) and for what ? few gc ?? I think if hunting in pacts is something we want the bonus must be nice, so at least the pointing system will have to face a change as well.

With a cap at 60 there still will be a huge difference in fighters and mixers and ppl. will still be able to do what they want the way they like most. Imho you can't force ppl to start summoning because you like it or just because you think not enough ppl are doing it. Its the way some ppl like to play the game and, luckely, every one could play it the way they liked it.

Still as said i will vote yes, and not because of the lvl but because it will benefit the game on the long term.

I asure u i can kill black dragon that is strongest creature ingame when all attributes r capped at 48, my former guildies killed red one only by mirror/harm/poison him, here is a link to it.

I would use summon stones to regain my mana, mirror cape to deal dmg to him and i think i could kill him w/o using expensive special armor set.

So if 1 player can kill strongest mob ingame 1on1 , when 2 or 3 players help eachother it will be less harder.

Also lets not forget about the pets, i read somewhere pet will be able to take a yeti 1on1 easy, so its enough for a drag too, if u use tactic( att drag, let pet attack it too, harm drag, concentrate on not dieing and healing/using emps to refil ur mana, use bear stones+mana drain bears).

And about ppl leaving, yes, some guy that makes big gc killing yetis/artic chims with sword and sells it for real money told me he will leave. No more easy real money from el :P Somehow it didnt make me sad ;)

mp

Guest ohmygod

Damn, i thought i would be able to go away for a few months, come back spend a heap of $ on gc and buy my way back into being competitive in pk, now i will have to spend many weeks/months training hard because a/d will count more than coord :P

Voted yes.

Am assuming summons/mobs will be adjusted to cater for atribute caps.

but then summoners will make absolute 0 gc from it?

yep and winning a fight might mean its about your skill levels and not how much GC you spent on white tiger stones :P

which incidentaly is the whole point of having a cap on attributes it seems ( correct me if im wrong )

*edit * added the incidentaly part

Edited by Ateh

but then summoners will make absolute 0 gc from it?

the ones who use the stones are summoners, the ones making stones are just crafters.

before the stones you had real summoners, only a select few who could summon strong animals and got called for help because of it (teamwork)

where is that teamwork now? in a trade window.. player "i need stones" "summoner: here you go, gl"

thats some great teamwork :P

Yea summoning isnt what it was long time ago, when there only where a few people who could summon the greatest creatures. It was really cool. A lvl needed to use summon stones be good idea. Even if it's only lvl 10-15 to use a bear stone, it's better than nothing. And yes a Giant be hard to beat with 48/48 p/c (Sure you can kill it) but when u beaten it, the 'summoner' can just summon a new one, they are not expensive enough. So something has got to change IF the atribute's cap will come.

Edited by sMooMs

if you waste a yeti on 1 guy who will dis / tele u suck, if u pump tigers / bears i'll MI and drain the living crap out of them. so you can't talk about ":*( i died cuz he summoned 5 bear / 2 tiger and cooldown / mana burn me!!!!

so wanna gripe more? try it, stones are great addision to the game and add in more strategy to game play.

if you waste a yeti on 1 guy who will dis / tele u suck, if u pump tigers / bears i'll MI and drain the living crap out of them. so you can't talk about ":*( i died cuz he summoned 5 bear / 2 tiger and cooldown / mana burn me!!!!

so wanna gripe more? try it, stones are great addision to the game and add in more strategy to game play.

sounds like its a great addition to your game dude

* adds OMG to the list of top players to vote yes*

says it all really when the players with in theory the most to lose understand that a cap is the best way forward.

Maybe they see the bigger picture and that is nothing is set in stone.If the cap is introduced , if needed spawns can be tweaked , mobs p/c changed etc etc etc