Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Attributes cap for the main server

Attribute caps  

410 members have voted

1. 1. Cap each attribute at 48

• Yes!
    • OMG WTF no way!11!!

Hmmm this doesn't sound that bad but there's one thing that's bothering me. I spent half a year to make 250 hydro bars and all that would be for nothing

I wouldnt say for nothing because we never know what ebul plans Ent is cooking up in his castle tower :)

Maybe he has plans to include more items that need higher than standard nexus to use/make, maybe we will need Animal nexus 10-15 for a pet

Hmmm this doesn't sound that bad but there's one thing that's bothering me. I spent half a year to make 250 hydro bars and all that would be for nothing

Care to explain this line of reasoning?

Care to explain this line of reasoning?

I suspect the fact that you said you're planning to make another "main" server, and even tho that it woudn't be for at least a year it also made me doubt about playing. There go k's of hours of work.... :)

You mean you wont have 5 pickpoints that would have otherwise gone into nexus to spend somewhere else?

I don't get that one.

S.

I like the capacity, and 48 is just fine, it absolutely doesnt make training harder, it makes it easier.

And about pk:

Currently pkingduck who is 40+coord more than me can hit me for like 80-90 dmg every time which makes the fight last like 20 sec if i dont screw it up/dont lag/if no1 helps him etc.

And im not that weak after all, my guess would be im somewhere in the top5 strenght of the players( even tho i have highest def and soon will have 2nd highest attack :blush: ).

I can take 1on1 red dragon and even black dragon too, BD is about 2 times stronger from the red one, but it still hits for less and less often than strongest player in el- pkingduck.

Now, if the difference between top1 strongest and top5 strongest is so crazy huge imagine how big it is between top1 and top50 players, or even under top50 players, who also want to have fun.

Cap at 48 solves the problem:

Of coz pkingduck would still be the strongest w/o any doubt but instead of doing 80-100+ dmg to other players he would deal like 40-60 dmg which is acceptable, ppl would be able to competete and not to tele onsight like they do now.

And now, lets compare it with the restore depended on rationality:

10 points for 1 rationality, so 2 will/reasoning points. Basic rationality is 4 so 40 points.

Since reasoning is waste of pps at the current system for a fighter, coz u hit mobs anyways coz of big might (coord)u need to have- to block them good, especially on high lvl mobs, most ppl will chose will attribute.

On pk most players restore when their health drops under 80 points.

Lowest health that u could have and do some serious pking is imho at phys 32(toughnes 18), so 240 health with col.

So only at p32 u will need to put 48 pickpoints in WILL attribute to have good-working restore, 360 health with CoL and u will have rationality of 28 so u will restore 280 health points.

Imho this system will lead to even bigger difference in strengh of players and to even shorter fights.

The 2 ppl who will be able to stay on yetis with sword will be ambro and pkingduck, others will train/kill fluffies/feros and maybe desert chims for some change/if all flufy/feros spawns will be taken ( and they will since those 50+ hardcore players who r now on yeti/mc/fc will go back to lower lvl mobs :blush:

Entropy, r u 100% sure u like that more than easy and solving all problems 48 attribute cap?

mp

MP:

That's a good analysis for the restore spell. But I don't think people will just pump will.

While reasoning is currently not very used, things will change when we have the missiles. Both the dexterity and perception will pay a very significant role in being able to hit or defend from arrows. I would say that someone who wants to consider archery will need at least 20 PPs in reasoning, and those who want to have a reliable defense against arrows will need even more.

With a few changes in the game the cap is not a bad idea.

What if players had the freedom to choose only 1 attribute with cap 60?But only 1 attribute.

All others attributes would have the 48 cap.

It would solve the emu problems of harvesters and mixers and more freedom for char's builds.

Since this is good for everyone, I expected more support. If I don't get the support I was expecting, why do it anyway?

Because then at least you get more support than if you don't, even if it's less than you expected :blush:.

Keep in mind, radu would be spending his time to program this, with only 60% support.

Not worth it to have other 40% unhappy and wine and complain and threaten to leave game,

why should he have to deal with this?

Ok my maths may be a little off here, but im thinking almost 40% of people complained about astrology and the impact it would have and the "It will kill the game" and "I am gonna leave *sob* *cry*" was used frequently.

Astrology was a BIG change for all of us, some people did not want it, Ent did it anyway and good on him! When people lived with it they found it was easy to adapt to and enriched game play.

I totally agree with Molime, Convar and many many others. And not to come across as flippant or anything, but if this were an election of some kind, would the candidate refuse to take office because he wanted more support? Of course not, he would go with the majority! Now, please don't get me wrong, I know this means alot more work for the devs and I know its nice to feel you have the support of everyone. But in all honesty 60% is a good result from one of these polls when you take into account the number of people who have not voted or have no clue what the changes will mean. You gave us a voice....now please listen to who is shouting louder or the majority will go hoarse screaming DO IT!!!

Wolfy

Ok my maths may be a little off here, but im thinking almost 40% of people complained about astrology and the impact it would have and the "It will kill the game" and "I am gonna leave *sob* *cry*" was used frequently.

Astrology was a BIG change for all of us, some people did not want it, Ent did it anyway and good on him! When people lived with it they found it was easy to adapt to and enriched game play.

Wolfy

Astrology was a big change, those who didn't like it got a way around it. Skeptic ftw. So you had a choice. A cap is an impact you can't get around. Totally different situation.

-Blee

Wolfy

Astrology was a big change, those who didn't like it got a way around it. Skeptic ftw. So you had a choice. A cap is an impact you can't get around. Totally different situation.

-Blee

Astrology is a big change also. I am still trying to peice it all together for what it means to me. It would seem as a fighter that skeptic is the way to go. It makes the most sense to me to have a level of consistancy. I still havent taken the perk, mostly out of fear. I never know what is going to happen with this game 6 months from now. So I wait. I can see a few advantages of astro system right away. There are others that may be not so obvious coming along in the future. This is also the way I feel about a propsed level cap. It is a bit scary. Something different. OMG how will I ever spend my pickpoints. I may have to reset 5 times to get a decent build. I also have a few hydro nexus, I have been avoiding a #reset as best I can. But none off us know the whole of the ideas that Radu has in mind. Since the start of this post we have heard ideas about new pet mules, a new Main Server. a change to the restoration spell. Achery is going to need at least 20 perception. Lots of nice little bits of inforamtion. I will play, no matter what changes come into play. I ceratinly wont be happy with a #reset if I need to. But if that is what I have to do, so be it. With an overall cap at 48. I invision long fights. If MasterPiter can only fight with pkingduck for a few mins, getting hit for 80 points a hit, this makes for a short fight. With the cap, we can finaly get all those people AD levels 70-115 out to pk again. Most fluffy trainners have a voluntary cap of 38P32C for endless trainning anyway.

Wolfy

-Blee

amen to that, i took skeptic about 2 weeks after it came out (so YES i DID try the astrology, and was

dissapointed)

I dislike the idea abut magic and rationality.

I won't repeat what MP said, I agree with his thoughts, just to add a bit:

this won't increase choice in attributes, but decrease it. If you are a fighter, rationality (and more likely in the form of will) will be a must. I doubt many would take reasoning, because if you have low will, you would lack ethereal points to cast spells.

Another point. Rationality is currently quite powerful itself in the form of +EXP. You could make it give more a/d exp (currently its only +rat/3).

What concerns restoration in general, I liked the previous suggestions about magic level. Lets rename restoration to "great healing" spell. Restored HP = (Magic lvl - 11)* 5, I think that would be a good formula

Edit: My thoughts are valid for scheme like it is now. If you are going to create a "separate" mage class, powerful enough to fight by the means of magic only, that might be a good idea. But the game should be reformed a lot in this case, like deleting magic immunity spell and replacing it by partial protection based on magic level, rationality and similar stuff.

Edited by vytukas

I dislike the idea abut magic and rationality.

I won't repeat what MP said, I agree with his thoughts, just to add a bit:

this won't increase choice in attributes, but decrease it. If you are a fighter, rationality (and more likely in the form of will) will be a must. I doubt many would take reasoning, because if you have low will, you would lack ethereal points to cast spells.

Another point. Rationality is currently quite powerful itself in the form of +EXP. You could make it give more a/d exp (currently its only +rat/3).

What concerns restoration in general, I liked the previous suggestions about magic level. Lets rename restoration to "great healing" spell. Restored HP = (Magic lvl - 11)* 5, I think that would be a good formula

If there was a cap, Reasoning would also increase your Dexterity. This is imprtant if you want to score a hit. So I would see a Mage build charater or summoner taking 48P48C 48I 48W where a Fighter class would take 48P48C 48R 48V or some combination of that. I think this would make for very intresting fights..And with different fighting statagies, there wouldnt be 1 single build to fit everyones unique fighting style.

Just spent 2 hours reading through 21 pages of forum entries on the poll.

Only at page 18 (or something like that, I find that a harvest mule pet would ease any harvesters worries)

Even later it appears that Ent has "taken his bat home" and will just concentrate on his new baby the PK server..

Surely wouldnt it have been far better to first use this forum entry to discuss the yeas and nays of the idea and then have the poll.

At least then, as Ent is definitely for the amendment he could have put forward his ideas to counter any arguement against the change.

People would then have known:-

1.That level 48 was the max limit and there is no way it will be exceeded.

2. A mule pet would be available to counter the emu loss (but also need to know whether this will have to be paid for or not)

3. People will be getting their negative perks back as people took them to increase phys (for harvest) or coord (for fighters).

4. More spawns will be made available as fighters who cannot find a group will have to go back to monsters further down the chain so they can solo.

This also links in with the fact that fights will take longer therefore people who are already waiting for free spawns would have to wait even longer.

If all these objections could have been addressed before the vote then I feel sure that the 80%(of the people who read the forum on a regular basis) Ent was looking for would have been easily reached.

It appears to me that the single most sensible suggestion put forward on the subject was to see how the PK server goes with the cap and then assess the situation in line with any objections.

I am in favour of the cap as it will mean that other attributes become more useful and the stardard p/c/w will change from being normal.It still will not stop someone working out the best way forward and everyone copying it,but at least it will be spread over more attributes I would expect.

Remember this is a free beta game and changes can only be expected as the game develops.

The fact that Entropy asks for our opinion is a credit to him.

1 giant = gg all, that's wot

cap needs to be higher, 60 or sumthin for any chance against things like that :s

Edited by Logger

cap needs to be higher, 60 or sumthin for any chance against things like that :s

So you mean the stones, which any "random n00b" can use, not the summoners...considering that archery will take loads of pp's too, i still don't see any more than normal, people falling over themselves to take up summoning.

I do agree, the stone useage might need to be tweaked but summoning in general really should get a better role than it has now.

With My A/D a few emps 36P 80C I can kill a giant. Though it is hard. The giant hits me every time. For some one like Ohmygod (for an example) with 48C he will have to spread some pick points out between instict and Reasoning. I have no doubt he will still be able to pawn a giant. with out breaking a sweat. With more vitality or will, = more mana Hitpoints. I rarely lose a fight to any reason but 1...I run out of mana and the cooldown on emps has not finished. This cap at least gives a professional summer s a chance to pk even alone. High C/W/I he with a good Defense level, he would be hard to hit, he could dis, summon a giant...Thats a risk. Why should a Cooridination machine always be the victor? Giants are also a bit pricey to summon.

I can just imagine in 6 months time, when archery comes into play and all the people that voted no start complaining because they are overall 145 and they can never get the pick points to put toward perception and they are being pawned by a group of archers sitting at fort brag that they never even saw. This is an opurtunity with this cap, to at least get all these pickpoints back without a reset.. I would think about this very carefully. The super strong will still be super strong. It is not like all of a sudden with this cap, I would be pawning all with a mirror cloak and good astro day.

wen will archery be included?

and maybe a summon level required to use the stones? idk

but yeh just 1 giant stone or AC or sumthin will be enough to take loads of ppl out i think, they hurt even more wen summoned dont they? ;/

i want the cap too, but think it's bit low imo (i did vote yes)