Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Attributes cap for the main server

Attribute caps  

410 members have voted

1. 1. Cap each attribute at 48

• Yes!
    • OMG WTF no way!11!!

ok thats pissing me off actually. Where would be the tweaking if noone would complain about

stuff? if all would just "oh great idea you can do it" while maybe in one of the complaints is something

included that radu MAY have forgot about.

Im not totally against this idea. i dont care what we will get but i like to state some scenarios to maybe

give radu an idea (if he didnt allready thought about such a case) than having a system that is totally

abusable and not working. dont blame the complainers. (i can understand if you mean specific rather

out of the ass complains lol, but you didnt pointed that out)

Edited by Scorpius

ppl its guna be the same as before just the top ppl wth most maybe over 150+ PP and there capped @ 48/48 p/c/w/v whatever, it wont make a differnce in PK much they will be just as hard to kill before because u might have close a/d and same p/c as them but they also have a maxxed mana system so then they still have the upper hand i say give it a try it will be fun, most ppl that PK have atleast 60+ coord unless they have a high a/d, IMO Top 50 a/d ppl WILL have the upper hand, even tho u still have the same a/d u still lack there a/d that they worked hard for, so what its more fun to have a long fight instead of geting Multi-ed in KF when u have to restore 2-4 times just to try and stay alive, but its gonna be better for PK now more stratigy and better for all skills more thought into everything, Just MO...

Btw Go Ent ^^

~bigk

Not a fan of the idea at all, one of the big things I love about EL is there not being a real end to the game

Also, a 48 cap is going to make training extremely difficult on Cyclops or higher, that'll make fighters a bit angry

Expirimental chars won't be as fun with a cap, that's for sure

you'll have a max EMU limit, hp, and mana limit D:

Finally, you'll wind up with a group of "Max Lvl Elite" players who will lose much of their motive to truly lvl their skills, and in many MMORPG games I've seen that this same group tends to get cocky and all "You aren't maxed out therefore you are a N00B."

Overall, this seems like a very bad move, I'd avoid it at all costs.

If you do add it, I'm not going to quit the game myself, but expect to lose a ton of players on a scale larger than C-Day (Cooldown update)

48 cap will mean you will need overall 260 to max out all skills with out taking any nexus at all.

48 Will + 48P will give you more hitpoints then you can shake a stick at, with about 200+ mana points.

Emu will be limited with ideas of Pet Mules and other items coming down the pipe.

Since overall 179 is that maximum (so far) a player can achive There is approximenty 50 PP that can be made by negitives..so impossible to build your charater with Maximum in all attributes, unless with buying nexus/nexus removal stones. Very few players will achive this

40% is still a lot of people. I was expecting something around 80% to be for it, and I was willing to do it even if 70% were pro this idea.

While I think this would be good for the main server, I think not implementing those changes will only cause more people that want a nice system to come on the Pk server, where the fun will be, which is one of my goals.

Eventually, all the PKing will migrate there, and then this details will be meaningless, since it won't really matter what atributes you have if you can only use them to kill dragons.

I can understand that you think 40% is a lot. It is indeed. What i dont understand is you cant see the most of the ppl support the idea but are complaining about the lvl.

For pk server you make a pol where you also give the choice between 2 lvl's (50 or 60) and here its just yes or no.

I am very sure if you made same poll here you would have reached the 80% yes all the time and where coding already.

Don't give up, Entropy, most of us want it, why not give us a chance? :confused:

Molime serves a good point, lets have 40% people complain over 60%! \o/

ohh and if this cap goes thru no more UBER high coord ppl at DP arena coz even if they double TS there just as hard to kill as eachother :confused:

which will infact Increase the amount Of PKers @ DPa lol just 1 more point..

~bigk

are complaining about the lvl.

For pk server you make a pol where you also give the choice between 2 lvl's (50 or 60) and here its just yes or no.

I am very sure if you made same poll here you would have reached the 80% yes all the time and where coding already.

:confused:

There will be no higher cap than 48. If I have a higher cap, there's no point in even bothering to implement it, since it won't make any significant difference.

There will be no higher cap than 48. If I have a higher cap, there's no point in even bothering to implement it, since it won't make any significant difference.

do it quick wile no ones looking :confused:

I kinda thought this also... but I wasn't too sure... Although 60 would be nice, I still am for the cap.

This Cap will be fine at 48 if you need another "coord" implemeting atribute theres one that raises ur derexity whcih allows u to hit more so if ur worried about ur "coord" just use another one if some 1 maxes out 2 skills that have derexity thats like have say around "96 Coord or Derexity" that which is more than enough to train PK whatever..

~bigk

This Cap will be fine at 48 if you need another "coord" implemeting atribute theres one that raises ur derexity whcih allows u to hit more so if ur worried about ur "coord" just use another one if some 1 maxes out 2 skills that have derexity thats like have say around "96 Coord or Derexity" that which is more than enough to train PK whatever..

Personally I'd be putting a lot on instinct for the reaction, mmmm more def exp and less damage, lnger training.... mmmmmmm

So I think we have a majority vote for yes. Some people that voted no have expressed that they would change their vote to yes but I havn't seen any posts the other way round (correct me if I'm wrong).

Lets have a cap at 48!

I am still for the cap too.

I want to say to all those "omfg no change" people. Why does it matter if it

appears the new plan is to scrap the main server for another server using the pk servers system.

Yeah great, you got your status quo and a dead server, way to go.

If a developer is stuck because no on will allow him to change anything, he rather just scrap it and start

over and all time in our chars goes pfft.

I am tired of the pages of books on the pros and cons. Just cap it like it should have been and those

that will leave, will leave.

ohh and if any1 manages to max out p/c/r/i thats is in fact 96 coord made up, my last post was wrong reaction and derexity are the main "cross-attribs" or coord so if u wana just go a scheme of c/r/i that is infact managing "96" coord which is more than enuff for yeti,giant etc at the right a/d lvls :confused: and that just cost 132 which is most higher PKers will be able to get, and guarenteed eMPi and PKingDucK will probly have maxxed stats anyways still will be most hard PKers to beat

~bigk

If a developer is stuck because no on will allow him to change anything, he rather just scrap it and start

I am tired of the pages of books on the pros and cons. Just cap it like it should have been and those

That's the idea.

It's not like I will stop updating the main server, but when newer servers will be available, I can see most of the people, and especially newbies, going there. In fact, I plan to make the new servers as the "default" server.

But this is long term stuff, about 1 year or more.

360 votes is NOT enough to look at yet, I'll say that right now, it's a mere fraction of the player count ingame, hell, there's probably over 400 players ingame right now (high 500's with bots, checked #stats and estimated), and that's only for this particular group of players who can play because it isn't 4AM. Give the poll a week at least, several of you guys are getting all "OMG THEY SAY YES DO IT DO IT" on short-term results.

That's the idea.

It's not like I will stop updating the main server, but when newer servers will be available, I can see most of the people, and especially newbies, going there. In fact, I plan to make the new servers as the "default" server.

So why not wait for the new servers?

will Pet Mules be like bots ?

$100 for a blessed Donkey and $50 for one with a broken leg and an attitude problem ?

Its true that a bit more time should be left to gather more results , but the thing is, the highest level player in a/d ( asgnny ) has said do it, if he is for it, and he is a player who knows then i think its pretty obvious the rest of us could live with it ( unless of course asgnny was bribed into saying this with the offer of a pet mule with a broken leg and an attitude problem )

That's the idea.

I love this game so much, and if I continue to love it, I would sacrifice my current status to restart the game with a new character, storage, and anything else... if the other server(s) suits my purpose that is :confused:

I honestly wanted to try the pk server out, but I found out recently I have to pay for it... I don't have the USD atm, but I will defiantly try scraping up some cash to have the honor to login such thing... although I am not a pker, I think it'll be a change of pace, and it could be interesting, and maybe good for me.

higher be nice but im still 100% behined a cap even at 48

slightly off topic:

Ent lost the "make the NMT breakable" poll by

Yes: 49.87 %

No : 50.13 %

and he stuck with the slim majority even though he was a BIG fan of making them break.

So why not go with the majority here ? Ent likes the idea and has the backing of over 60% of the voters (so far) alot more % than the nmt poll (which he honoured the result of)

I don't understand why are fighters (PKers) so afraid ?

Are you afraid, that you'll not be able to kill 10 people just by clicking on them ?

Are you afraid that 10 people teamed will be able to kill you ?

PS: maybe an option would be to make the cost of PP to gain next attribute not linear ... so you would need more PPs to spend to get higher level (something similar as XP to get next skill level now)...

higher be nice but im still 100% behined a cap even at 48

slightly off topic:

Ent lost the "make the NMT breakable" poll by

Yes: 49.87 %

No : 50.13 %

and he stuck with the slim majority even though he was a BIG fan of making them break.

So why not go with the majority here ? Ent likes the idea and has the backing of over 60% of the voters (so far) alot more % than the nmt poll (which he honoured the result of)

here here! :confused: