Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Attributes cap for the main server

Attribute caps  

410 members have voted

1. 1. Cap each attribute at 48

• Yes!
    • OMG WTF no way!11!!

I was doing a survey in Spanish community and the same result.

A great number of mates like this idea, but all high lvl are very, very angry

A lot of work, and a lot of real money now are tuncated. Just people more faithful with this game.

Conclusion: Who have low lvls like this idea (most players), but put a limit in this 'Eternal' game. The sacred and venerated players dissapear.

Some of the highest level players in the game support this idea. This will make you A/D more important then P/C. I personly think with P/C maxed Reasoning maxed I would be much stronger then I am now, with more mana, charm, perception. As Entropy has said perception will soon be very important? at overall 118 I dont have an extra 20 pick points to put on attributes to raise perception. With the current system, all fighteres will be walking around blind. No one will sacrifice the 10-15-20 million xp between 2 pick points (sorry if this seems low to the likes of Masterpiter, no idea the amount the top 5 overall need for a new pickpoint) for anything else but cooridination. With enough coordination I can pawn players 20-25 A/D levels higher then me, and there is something not right about that. A/D should be more valued in fighting.

Now for win a fight you need a/d, attributes, armor, weapons, rings, cloaks and potions ... with this change excludes one of this.

In my opinion the way is not put limits, its invent other ways

In case you missed it Dogbreath EL is a classless game. Everyone is able to do everything in the game or do as little in the game as they choose. Yes magic does not have the same power as melee in EL but then again magic is much cheaper too.

Actually, that's not true.

There are no fixed classes, but players can still focus on one aspect of the game (fighting, summoning, etc.).

Anyway, no idea why I am bothering, the way things are working, I'll just focus on making the PK server more ballanced and fun to play, and whoever wants to play on a balanced server needs to fork some money for my bricks.

In case you missed it Dogbreath EL is a classless game. Everyone is able to do everything in the game or do as little in the game as they choose. Yes magic does not have the same power as melee in EL but then again magic is much cheaper too.

There are no fixed classes, but players can still focus on one aspect of the game (fighting, summoning, etc.).

Anyway, no idea why I am bothering, the way things are working, I'll just focus on making the PK server more ballanced and fun to play, and whoever wants to play on a balanced server needs to fork some money for my bricks.

ummmm I better soon visit wraith and put two more pick points on Cooridination.

Sorry to hear that this wont be going to be put in place. Is it possible to revisit this after it has been astablished on the pk server for some time? Or when archery comes into play? Maybe some folks will have a change of mind.

Unlikely to revise it. I am tired of complaints, and it's not in my best interest anyway. I'd rather have a fun PK server totally separated from the main server, with a totally distinct system.

From now on, all the adjustments will be done there (except for some minor things such as tweaking the drop rates, etc.)

In the future, if/when we'll have over 1K players playing at a time, I'll make a new, free, server with the same system as the PK server, but without having most of the maps PKable.

Well, I'm done replying/fighting to help too. I will say that your efforts are well appreciated by most and I for one hope you don't give up on it. When/if I get more money I will gladly support your efforts. I'm done with this topic :)

EDIT: way off topic here, but I'd to get EL gift cards to spend on EL for holidays/birthdays :D It'd be a greate way to make sure the money I got would be spent on EL and not by my wife :) LOL

Edited by DogBreath

I voted yes. 1 quick question thow is if you were to make another server that was more balanced but not the PK server how much money would you need?

i think that making the mage stronger by attribs is a great idea as well. i also think that it would be cool to make it so you can summon maby up to 5 summons from one stone, i have vit 8 and i summon a lot of dubbles as it is, if i put more into that or into another attrib to make me summon more that would rock in a PK fight. and this would all stay more even with this attreb cap.

Ohh and this is SirOrick ingame not Orick...

and another idea i dont know if it has been talked about is, could we do a PP reset on everyone where you keep your OA lvl and you get back all your pp. take away all neg perks and all norm perks and all the atts now and the nex so those who have gotten them expecting the ability to get high P/C can rethink there moves, i know i would not have gotte a few of the norm perks and neg perks i got if i knew there was a cap. however this i think would just be somehting cool to do i still voted yes even without it.

Edited by Orick

Well i decided to vote no,

lemme see if i can put it into the right words,

so please correct me if i misunderstood something or something sounds odd to you.

I supported this game, with money and with my posts i made at polls and other occassions for the

fact that i want to see the ongoing of it, yet because i loved the unlimited choices you can make.

I can understand you want the ppl to use other perks, attributes radu. but i dont think it should be

made by forcing em to do so with a attribute cap.

You wanna make a lil kid clean up his room? hold a candy infront of his nose and tell him he gets it

when hes done with cleaning up. I just think there should be options to get other attributes than

will/vit/phys/coord that are really worth it to gain (why not just wait till bows and stuff are ingame

and look how much ppl actually will switch to that attribute that is needed for that, and then based on

that statistic think about if its needed to go the way you want to now)

What i see coming up simply is how it allready got explained kinda.. with a cap like 48 ppl will have

200+ Health without col, 300+ Mana without com.. in pk that will most likely mean endless fights with no

winner (heck you have enough time to try to normally flee than wasting a diss ring lol) so no drops,

no pki for pker. even jsoc wouldnt matter then anymore.. just flee, run towards exit, flee, run towards exit..

you have enough mana to do that quite a couple of times. so pk gonna be dead (even more as before),

everything will be the same except that there is more breaks of items maybe, harvester/mixer loose a

couple of emu and at the end we achieved nothing (sorry for thinking so negative, im like a "worst case

nostradamus" trying to see the things realistic).

Maybe it will go ok a couple of weeks, ppl need to try it out, but the big bang will come.. i dunno why im so

sure of that.

Anyways.. i voted no because of my oppinion that i stated above. i just want to be honest with you. i dont

think it will work out on the long run. the level cap should be imo a pk server only feature, as ppl can just

go there if they like the thrill of the pk and that cap (which actually means a couple more bricks for your

Castle and a couple Pairs of Pirelli Tires for your Ferrari too :D )

I will go with whatever decision will be made, i might not enjoy the game anymore as i used to but i still

love most of the community and i believe in the ongoing of EL.

Sincerly,

Scorpius aka Fabi

What i see coming up simply is how it allready got explained kinda.. with a cap like 48 ppl will have

200+ Health without col, 300+ Mana without com.. in pk that will most likely mean endless fights with no

winner (heck you have enough time to try to normally flee than wasting a diss ring lol) so no drops,

no pki for pker. even jsoc wouldnt matter then anymore.. just flee, run towards exit, flee, run towards exit..

you have enough mana to do that quite a couple of times. so pk gonna be dead (even more as before),

everything will be the same except that there is more breaks of items maybe, harvester/mixer loose a

couple of emu and at the end we achieved nothing (sorry for thinking so negative, im like a "worst case

Yeah, true, because people can't do that without a cap, right?

Entropy is right.

As I fighter I am much more likely to put a build 48P/C Lots of Vitality and either some instint or Reasoning. with the 12 nexus I have I doubt I would have that many more pick points to max out will/vitality/P/C/and Reasoning. Leaving will and instict realitly un-touched. I would never max out will and vitality for 300 mana. More important to max out reasoning for me, so I can hit you with my pointy stick.

sure they could, but there wouldnt be any more pk deaths anymore so they rather take coords to hit

their enemies as often as they can. or am i misunderstanding something?

QUOTE(Scorpius @ Dec 13 2007, 04:30 PM)

Yeah i agrea with Entropy on that one, this can be done with or without the cap. but with the cap you will have to resort to other means of killing people, such as summoning and magic, advanced swords and armor.

(and yes I am an expert on MMOs, having played many, many of them and watched some die and others flourish. Never underestimate the players of your game.)

Aww, those that mean that you will leave if I make the changes?

While your at it.. can you make it take one pp instead of 2 to affect attributes? that way my 60 cor = 120xd! and gee gypsum is too far from storage can you move it closer? and can you make it only weigh 1emu? maybe just make everything have 1 emu that way i wont even need a storage I can carry everything! Oh and I'm still not sure about the whole cool-down thing....

lmao you've done a great job with this game! There are a bunch of us here for 2+ yrs. and we're not likely to go anywhere. I still can't get over that fact that you ask for a vote on stuff - If you think it will make the game on whole better for most - or make the economy better - just do it 'cause your teh God! and maybe if you implement cap some of the (whiners) will leave and go play some other inferior game..

just my 2 cents :D

Anyway, no idea why I am bothering

Maybe for the over 60 % of players (last I checked 60 was more than 40) that supported the idea and for the game? Especially if you take argumentation into account, and I bet that if you'd look at the voters, you'd find most long-term, experienced EL players voted yes. A lot of older players have been waiting for something like this. Like you have no idea why you're bothering, I have no idea why you'd let a minority decide. My guess would be a lot of newer players among them, and people who are afraid to max out everything and get 'game over' without realizing that's even possible.

Understandable that you're tired of complaining, but what I don't understand is that you'd prefer 60 % complaining over 40 % then :confused: . You said yourself you have more experience now than 4 years ago. You see the idea as improvement for the game. The majority of players sees it as improvement for the game. And you STILL don't want to go through with it? Nope sorry, that I don't understand.

40% is still a lot of people. I was expecting something around 80% to be for it, and I was willing to do it even if 70% were pro this idea.

While I think this would be good for the main server, I think not implementing those changes will only cause more people that want a nice system to come on the Pk server, where the fun will be, which is one of my goals.

Eventually, all the PKing will migrate there, and then this details will be meaningless, since it won't really matter what atributes you have if you can only use them to kill dragons.

Maybe for the over 60 % of players (last I checked 60 was more than 40) that supported the idea and for the game? Especially if you take argumentation into account, and I bet that if you'd look at the voters, you'd find most long-term, experienced EL players voted yes. A lot of older players have been waiting for something like this. Like you have no idea why you're bothering, I have no idea why you'd let a minority decide. My guess would be a lot of newer players among them, and people who are afraid to max out everything and get 'game over' without realizing that's even possible.

Understandable that you're tired of complaining, but what I don't understand is that you'd prefer 60 % complaining over 40 % then :confused: . You said yourself you have more experience now than 4 years ago. You see the idea as improvement for the game. The majority of players sees it as improvement for the game. And you STILL don't want to go through with it? Nope sorry, that I don't understand.

Agrees with Molime 100%

Please just do it!! if you loos a few so be it. If you do it they will come

This is a great came with alot of great people

FireBalls

its true, the majority who have voted are saying they think its a good idea Entropy

Dont let tirums amazing sophomore reading and vocabulary skills stop you from trying to make things better

Molime has it hands down, the majority of experieced players are saying yes, in fact, the majority is saying yes , new or old ....

40% is still a lot of people. I was expecting something around 80% to be for it, and I was willing to do it even if 70% were pro this idea.

While I think this would be good for the main server, I think not implementing those changes will only cause more people that want a nice system to come on the Pk server, where the fun will be, which is one of my goals.

Eventually, all the PKing will migrate there, and then this details will be meaningless, since it won't really matter what atributes you have if you can only use them to kill dragons.

Have you considered the "no" votes that voted no becasue of a cap at 48, wished it was higher? Perhaps a new poll?

Not a fan of the idea at all, one of the big things I love about EL is there not being a real end to the game

Also, a 48 cap is going to make training extremely difficult on Cyclops or higher, that'll make fighters a bit angry

Expirimental chars won't be as fun with a cap, that's for sure

you'll have a max EMU limit, hp, and mana limit D:

Finally, you'll wind up with a group of "Max Lvl Elite" players who will lose much of their motive to truly lvl their skills, and in many MMORPG games I've seen that this same group tends to get cocky and all "You aren't maxed out therefore you are a N00B."

Overall, this seems like a very bad move, I'd avoid it at all costs.

If you do add it, I'm not going to quit the game myself, but expect to lose a ton of players on a scale larger than C-Day (Cooldown update)

Edited by TheComet

100% agree Molime. it will be a damn shame if a cap isnt introduced on the main server . it would be better for the game now and in the FUTURE !! <<< yep future for all those new players that join.

I can understand Ent being pissed with the constant moaning though, its enough to drive anyone insane that some players dont see the problem and are not thinking of the game , just themselves.

What about summoning? I guess everyone walks around with Giants now. maybe 10 people in game could take a summoned Giant with 48/48 P/C. So Summoners have all the power.

??? what is the cost of a summoned giant?? I cannot think of any reason I personally would summon a giant to fight, although I don't doubt there are those who would. Somehow I doubt, however, that we are about to see PK maps full of summoned giants hanging about waiting for victims!

even if so, the giants will just kill each other, so gl to those summoners :confused:

first i am not totally against a cap.

this said i will explain few things, this game is so much fun cause you can do what ever you like to do and build a char the way you like, this is, imho, not by forcing every char to became the same build in a year or 2. 48 in 1 attribute is not much, and yes, i know there are 6 of them, so what ? most ppl spend pp in p/c/w, Some think a bit further and take vit instead of phys. and some don't want to be fighter or a harvester mule and take as much w/v as they can afford and just enough coord to stand a fight and harm there opponent (monster of player) with magic and summons.

There for i would say make a cap at a lvl that no player will reach with 1/2 of the attributes for a long time. I like the cap at 60 idea, and that added with the kind conovar supposed, make it different for all races. this will give ppl more fun and thoughts when they choose a race without the possibility to be totally wrong or change goals later.

I have just recently returned to EL after a 5 month break and was thrilled to see a new skill in game when i started playing again. And then you throw us this really meaty bone called attribute cap, i was really excited. And I still am, cause im hoping you will see that many of us really want this, and that you will let "good conquer evil".

As Molime said, why let the 40% get their way over the 60%. Its just not fair! You know better than anyone how to run this game, duhh, so run it like you think, and in this case the majority of the voters so far. Dont punish the rest of us just cause some people will always whine about the changes. Few, if any major changes you have ever made so far has made the game a lesser game by any means. And i really dont think this will be the downfall of EL either.

So, please, gimme the cap!

Albazz

Want to add one more thing quick, you're only getting votes from the forum members, which excludes a massive chunk of the game's players.

Try a more public poll that non-members can vote on also, that'll yield more accurate results.