Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Attributes cap for the main server

Attribute caps  

410 members have voted

1. 1. Cap each attribute at 48

• Yes!
    • OMG WTF no way!11!!

This is all about balance in the game. If you want to cap the attributes to make things more strategic, then lets get rid of neg perks and hydro bar/buying pp's. This forces people to actually level their characters and really use pp's wisely.

Rather than everyone and their brother using all negs to have 120 cord. they will just max out their new attributes at 48 with negs again. How many of you would rebuild your character differently if "free" pp were unavailable?

Letting you all know, I am voting yes after this post.

**holds breath and passes out**

Good luck, we're in for a bumpy ride.

Ok I voted no I reset and had plans on how to get high cord to compete with all these others with god like coord.

I was wrong

I agree this is a needed thing to make the playing feld more even

Puts the lvl's into play more then the atributes!!!

I no it is to late for me to vote Yes but to all that have not voted I would have to ask

think about it!!! It makes good sence

vote Yes

Radu I aploigize for voting No

I think 48/48 would be fine for a cap

Im only 26/40 now and I can train all the way up to forest chims right now. there a bit tuff but makes it more fun.

As for mixing I do pots and alch alot 67 pot lvl 79 alch I run 640 emu right now and I have no problems!!

so please everyone calm down and just think about it

FireBalls

Ok so some ppl are starting to say with a 170 to 110 vtoe spread we should go ahead with this and do it, however think that if this happens 2/5 of the players are against it and in a situation like this is 3/5 for it really enough to carry though, maybe 80% of the players agreeing with it would, but i think to many ppl are still against it as it is now, to go throught with the cap.

I think the results would be more resoundingly positive if a new poll were created after players have a chance to read through here.

Option 1) In favor of an attribute cap, with details to be worked out (possibly voted on?) later, under separate cover.

Option 2) Against an attribute cap alltogether.

I think there are many people fundamentally in favor of a cap voting "no" because the choices are "48 only" and "no", rather than a more open first option. Maybe we can set a date where this thread will be ended, and a replacement poll added?

I'm with teh Grinch! Alot of people I have talked to would change there votes - after reading this...

Ive read a lot of this, but if I missed this, sorry about that;

I really like the idea of a cap, 40 to 48 is just fine, and even adding a change due to races is great.

One issue I see is spawns. The lowering of coord will push higher level trainers to lower level spawns, say mountain chims to fluffs, arctic chims to forest chims, etc.

There is nothing wrong with this. However, I think more cyc, fluff, desert chim, feros spawns will be needed to accommodate the current higher lvl coord folks.

Why not give Entropy and the players a chance? I think it is obvious that if the cap was suggested at 60 instead of 48 that it would have been at least a 70/30 vote for yes. So why not give a 60 cap a chance. If it does not work as intended or if it turns out too high then vote again after people get used to it and make it lower. Why does it have to be yes or no? Why can't we get a chance to try a compromise?

I am one of the people who is over the EMU max at 48. I negged out to get to 1K emu. Losing a little emu would suck if it was 48 but having to reset to get rid of perks I don't need anymore would suck beyond belief. I got to OA 88 on my harvesting reset and things would have been massively different had their been a 48 cap on attributes before I started. I don't think wanting to try a higher cap is being selfish although some might like to say so. Why is 48 the perfect number? Why is 48 the only number?

Why make the regular server PK server 2? We have an oldschool map and none of the disadvantages for making stuff on the PK server. Why not try to make the regular server different than the PK server? The cap on the PK server has not even had a chance to be tried yet. Why not try two different caps at the same time to see which one is actually better? Why completely throw away your idea Entropy when most of the people in the game are willing to try it in one fashion or another? How is the game ever going to get better if everyone in the game has to approve of every change? 70/30 is an extreme majority and even so I think it is met for a cap of 60.

This idea has no benefit to anyone but PKers. I think trying to compromise with everyone who is not a PKer is not such a bad thing to do. Closing the poll early and declaring no one the winner is a bad idea IMO. We need to move forward with development and not keep the game where it is at. It is a Beta game and that should not mean that 40% of the players should get to make decisions. Especially when their are compromises available. I would still vote no for a 48 cap because I think it is too low but if the majority of the players want it then I think it is wrong to not give it to them.

TirunCollimdus

Edited by TirunCollimdus

This is all about balance in the game. If you want to cap the attributes to make things more strategic, then lets get rid of neg perks and hydro bar/buying pp's. This forces people to actually level their characters and really use pp's wisely.

Rather than everyone and their brother using all negs to have 120 cord. they will just max out their new attributes at 48 with negs again. How many of you would rebuild your character differently if "free" pp were unavailable?

Agreed agreed agreed agreed. But damage of buying pp's is already done, and I am afraid the bought ones won't be deleted :(. There won't be pure balance, but a cap might give somewhat more balance tho.

To the people who dont like such an idea being done, when 2/5 voted against it.... what about the 3/5 voted in favor of it?

Voted yes, with a lil' hope that p2p races will get 50pp/attrib limit, so I could get 1k emu so the bonus from buying p2p race will be something more than just fancy look :(

I think the results would be more resoundingly positive if a new poll were created after players have a chance to read through here.

Option 1) In favor of an attribute cap, with details to be worked out (possibly voted on?) later, under separate cover.

Option 2) Against an attribute cap alltogether.

I think there are many people fundamentally in favor of a cap voting "no" because the choices are "48 only" and "no", rather than a more open first option. Maybe we can set a date where this thread will be ended, and a replacement poll added?

I agree. Also from many of the posts people are not listening to your reminder that it is cross attributes that really matter.

Another idea to consider would be altering the mathematics by which we use pick points. Lets say that you get the first 30 or 40 of any attribute for 1 pick point each. After 40, you would need 2 pickpoints to increase that attribute one more point. After 50, you need 4 pick points, and after 60 you need 6 pick points. This would drive players to focus on where they could place their pickpoints to garner the greates desired effect. For initial implementation, we all get any stat above the 1to1 ratio rolled back to whatever the cutoff point is and are free to redistribute those as we now wish.

I am just throwing that out there to demonstrate that there are a lot of things that might be considered, and that there are quite a few of us willing to discuss and try the ideas.

I voted no. The thing I really like in EL is that possibilities aren't limited - you can make your character in whatever way you wish, and it's partially thanks to no limits.

I'm not a PKer and in fact I don't know what's the best for them. But we shouldn't forget there is a PK server now, so PKers needs are more or less catered for. For me personally (90% mixer 10% monster killer) this limit has absolutely no advantages.

Of course if that's what is the best for the game I will adapt, I still think the limit of 48 is a bit too small.

Edited by Lotheneil

While it's true that 900+ EMU is pretty decent, and I've never had it, in order to get that much, you're going to have to have 48/48. This P/C MAY or MAY NOT be fine for PKing, but I can't be the only one who has used more than 48 coord for training, and not had any Physique. With that much Physique, you'd be slaughtering something, and the EXP would still be rotten for training. Besides that, maybe not everyone wants to have extremely high HP, so they can mask their power, so to speak. :D Imagine having someone with 80 HP and 180 coord come out of nowhere, and nobody knows what hit them. The dream I've been working for since I started playing. :(

I voted no. The thing I really like in EL is that possibilities aren't limited - you can make your character in whatever way you wish, and it's partially thanks to no limits.

I'm not a PKer and in fact I don't know what's the best for them. But we shouldn't forget there is a PK server now, so PKers needs are more or less catered for. For me personally (90% mixer 10% monster killer) this limit has absolutely no advantages.

Of course if that's what is the best for the game I will adapt, I still think the limit of 48 is a bit too small.

Strong fighters can NOT make a character in whatever way now. Almost all pickpoints MUST go on coordination to stay competitive. The proposed cap would actually be cause for some differentiation on the secondary attributes (behind phys & coord). Some will opt for will & reasoning, others for vitality & instinct. There is no "right" answer. Some thought will need to be put into spending pickpoints, rather than "omg 2 more coord!!!" after each two overall levels.

I honestly think we should have a chance to remove some of the negs, that might cut down on some of the damn bitching. maybe a npc you can pay like 100k+ and have the pp in order to remove the perk? hell idk

If you need more then 48 coord to train on a monster then you shouldn't be on that monster to begin with :(

A W E S O M E - Idea!

I would be much more motivated to play, I really love this idea, 48 is good enough for me! BIG YES!

So 48 phy plus 48 coord plus let say 20 in vita and human 7 we have a total of 123 OA ... of course everybody that is complaining is beyond that by far so i understand them perfectly :(

And course everybody will be the same cuz all will achieve 48 in phy plus 48 in coord plus 48 in will plus 48 in vita plus human 7 thats ony 199 OA :D

Instead of singing we are the champions seems in EL most people sing we are the pro's :omg:

ok, so I voted no against this topic, don't b/c I am totally against a cap I think its a great idea, however, I did vote no against the 48 cap, the cap should be in the 80's, b/c 80's is an attribute lvl that has been able to be reach and some ppl have had for years.

ok, so I voted no against this topic, don't b/c I am totally against a cap I think its a great idea, however, I did vote no against the 48 cap, the cap should be in the 80's, b/c 80's is an attribute lvl that has been able to be reach and some ppl have had for years.

you do under stand there are cross attributes, if you use them correctly you can still have basicly same as 96/96 p/c

48 is fine if you look into it

I did look at it, and the only attribute that i have over 48 is coord which is 70, and for me to get the same result as that i would have to increase my reasoning instinct and physique instead of just increaseing on attribute, like i did with my coordination.

The problem is, people are either so one track minded, that they can't see you can make yourself dodge better, and hit more often, without coord. If you don't know what a cross-attribute is, look in the damn encyclopedia in game already D:

The other people seem to be complaining about the 960 emu. Seriously, 960 emu isn't enough? Yeah you won't be able to carry AS much as before, but does it really effect you that much, to deny a change that'll help promote diversity in stats.

You don't need over 48 coord to train, the instinct and reasoning give you the same dodge and accuracy ability, and also allow you to do less damage. Hey, isn't that BETTER for training?

As has been stated many times, right now, everyone chooses 2 more coord every chance they get, and with good reason. With a cap (And yes, 48 is fine for a cap if you honestly think about it) you'll have to decide what's more important to you. If you're a pk'er, do you want accuracy, evasion, health/mana, or mana/toughness. If you're a mixer, after you get 48 p/c/w, you realize what oa lvl you are? even then, reasoning still helps you out.

It'll be sad if such a great thing for this game get's denied, I'm honestly hoping this goes through.

ok so after posting a couple of times yesterday and then coming back and reading the rest, its clear that this cap is for the benefit of fighters. Thats fine with me , Im going to vote yes because of the following reasons:

1. EL may not be solely about PK , but it is part of the game and theres is obviously some sort of problem with the current system therefore I shouldnt be selfish and only worry about my aspect of playing

2. I dont really care what happens I will adapt to it

3. Entropy obviously knows what he's talking about in suggesting this

Finally , I am voting yes because as far as im concerned i dont think the price's or the market for mixers is one of profit anyway, so who cares, its not going to make anything better or worse for mixers/harvesters

And before , someone asked for a player who was non fighter/pker to speak up if they had one attribute over 60. Im damn close , my P is 50 , and it was my intention to basically put every PP i got from now on into P, and im less than 100 OA so it would have been a monstrous physique, but who cares, not I, I will adapt.

Peace and yes votes

Read every single post.

Lots of good information and suggestions.

Voted No.

I do not PK. Never have, never will. Can't count the number of changes made to cater to the PK side of this Game. This entire Thread, from the title itself, which gives the impression that you are total idiot if you vote no, is weighted toward once again giving the PK populace another goodie. It's my understanding that there is a dedicated PK server? Then implement such a cap THERE, and let those who wish to Ambush, Bagjump, and Insult beat each other's brains out with store-bought weaponry. I personally began this game planning to place every pickpoint I could beg, borrow, or buy in whatever Attribute I had to in order to carry as much as I could of whatever I was working on back to my Storage. My goal is to make my storage explode. I could not care less what the PK'rs do on their own server. Fawning over the PK'rs on the Main server again, not cool. TooMass could probably use the Red Dragon as a swizzle stick and it doesn't bother me, I stay out of PK maps.Let the high level PK'rs fight it out on their own server, and leave the Main server for everyone.

If a cap is what Entropy decides must be done, there really isn't much point in even asking for ANY input, is there? He owns the game, and can rule by fiat.

But if a cap absolutely positively MUST be put in place to 'fix' <cough cough> a 'problem' for the Pk'rs, how about just capping how much *Coordination* you can take?

Kudo's to Stewbaby for similar points and being able to use 'Leet'. Even typing it tastes foul to me.

Barandur

let those who wish to Ambush, Bagjump, and Insult beat each other's brains out with store-bought weaponry. .

Barandur

Think we can all stop bashing and grouping all high lvl att/def people in the same class!!!

Just a bit offencive

I for one like to train att/def yes, does that make me what you say no

I also have pot lvl 67 alch 79 harvest 75 this is not just for PK so stop the bashing.

as for the people that craft/alch/harvest/manu with out fighters that break need items what is your use.

Not saying fighting is for all but Knock off the one sided thinking.

This is a game Idea set to a vote. Vote! State your reasons why. And stop the flames

FireBalls

If I oversteped my bounds I appligize to the mod's in advance

Edited by FirEBallS

I think this is an interesting idea, it will certainly change the way the game is played now.

As is now, from my point of view as a fighter/pker its just getting boring.

I have achieved over 90 might, ubber coord and sometimes hit ppl for over 80 dmg.

What has it brought me from a pk point of view?....boredom:

Everybody just teles when they see a pixel of me on no drop day.

Training has become boring as well...killed somewhere between 45-50k Yeti...lots of Artics and Giants as well...would be training them (Giants) as they actually hit less often than the new Yeti but Giants just hit too hard.

Ofcourse there is Dragon..but cant really train on those + the respawn time is enormous.

Now, with the capped attributes maybe ppl will dare to fight again in PK as the field will be levelled a bit more. a/d would become important again as well. It would also, as said before, make ppl think more about where to put their pps which is a good thing.

Cap at 48 might be a bit low imo. 60 would be better.

With a cap of 48 high oa players like me could easily pump 4 attributes to 48 and still have left for a good part of a 5th attribute.

As ppl have stated before the high mana lvls which players could get with this new system could become a problem, will be hard to kill somebody and fights would take too long. In this respect a 60 cap would be better as well...it means less PP for will and vit, lowering the mana ppl will have ingame.