1. 1. Cap each attribute at 48

• Yes!
    • OMG WTF no way!11!!

A definite yes....

One point on the Emu problem,

Currently it is:-

Load = (PHYSIQUE + COORDINATION) / 2 * 20

Load is also known as EMU or Carry Capacity

Simply change the 20 to a 30 and the limit is increased nearer to current levels...

make the cap 80-100 and i would agree.

48?? :icon13::P:(

for many reasons...EMU, no way to kill dragons, every player will have huge mana, so almost impossible to kill them because they will have plenty of time to run, because with 48 phys/coord it will take a while to take down 300hp+.

on the other hand attributes cap could be interesting but definetly not with the number 48.

Yes, its absolutely terrible that you cant hit people for ~60-80 damage anymore, and also that they will have enough mana to restore a few times after your Jagged saber of cooling has hit them, right? :)

pking would lose the sence.all those n00bs like u would do 20+ restores and then run.why would i bother to pk when there is very small chance to kill some1 with almost unlimited restoring?and with 960 emu cant do stuff like alch or craft because it would take a long time to achieve something with such a low emu. 48 is just way toooooo low!!!

for many reasons...EMU, no way to kill dragons, every player will have huge mana, so almost impossible to kill them because they will have plenty of time to run, because with 48 phys/coord it will take a while to take down 300hp+.

on the other hand attributes cap could be interesting but definetly not with the number 48.

Yes, its absolutely terrible that you cant hit people for ~60-80 damage anymore, and also that they will have enough mana to restore a few times after your Jagged saber of cooling has hit them, right? :)

pking would lose the sence.all those n00bs like u would do 20+ restores and then run.why would i bother to pk when there is very small chance to kill some1 with almost unlimited restoring?and with 960 emu cant do stuff like alch or craft because it would take a long time to achieve something with such a low emu. 48 is just way toooooo low!!!

You cant alc and craft ????????

If I can, can you too, I voted for even if I work with all skills.

And you will level faster in all skills if you take more will, even if you maybe have godless. :omg:

Edited by Zamirah

Atleast n00bs like me still willingly attack and try to fight you. 960 EMU is more than enough to alch/craft, you just became spoilt, and no, PK'ing will be more fun for the rest of the people, since pr0's like you (although the majority of the highest lvl pk'ers are for this idea) wont be able to kill everyone in a few hits anymore.

Yeah it's much more fun to simply one hit most people, get no drops due to rosts and have the only reawrd being... a number on your kill counter!

P.S. ent, lol @ u, why would I want to be informed of your opinion? I've had enough of that plxkkty

I was just having a laugh at how predictable and obtuse you are, no need to post nasty pictures :'(

I voted yes,

Though I think 48 might be a little low (giants/dragons etc) I can live with it and personally think it will make the whole game, including pk, a lot more interesting.

P.S. ent, lol @ u, why would I want to be informed of your opinion? I've had enough of that plxkkty

I was just having a laugh at how predictable and obtuse you are, no need to post nasty pictures :'(

Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~Elbert Hubbard

Think you might be getting close to that limit :icon13:

Wolfy

Edit: typos

Edited by WolfWitch

I voted yes, simple reason: This sounds like fun and means that grey matter we call our brains will be required for when we feelin ebul and wander into kf :P

To quote wolfie: Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~Elbert Hubbard

Note: it says man not woman :icon13:

I would also like to add for those who are frettin over emu for harvesting, team work is always good but a pet mule is even better ^^

Edited by Stormie

Im afraid too many idea from Ent aren't coming through cause of what cummunity (inclucing me) says.

JUST DO IT! TRY IT OUT! ITS YOUR GAME!

You should know whats good for this. And EVERYONE knows there will be a drastic change someday Anyway.

Maybe it works, maybe it needs adjusted? Just try it. We simply can't go on like its now.

I voted yes,

Though I think 48 might be a little low (giants/dragons etc) I can live with it and personally think it will make the whole game, including pk, a lot more interesting.

Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~Elbert Hubbard

Think you might be getting close to that limit :icon13:

Wolfy

Edit: typos

[scarcasm]Oh thanks for that, I really value and appreciate your input[/scarcasm]

Ontopic: I don't think a cap will really work on main server, even though I want one. Some people are simply too high a/d levels to be able to effectively train them with a cap (apart from pvp obviously, which would become much cheaper and easier).

Perhaps some kind of cap based on a/d lvl? Too much effort to implement probably, hard to see a way around this :/

Ontopic: I don't think a cap will really work on main server, even though I want one. Some people are simply too high a/d levels to be able to effectively train them with a cap
Ent stated the a/d softcap to be ~150... i'm confident he'll do whatever modifications to monsters that need to be done so that people can effectively train to 140+ a/d.

Sorry if this is repeating myself, but I'd like to expand on my earlier answer:

In most every game I've played (and I've been playing this kind of game since dirt was invented) fighters pay a penalty for their fighting skills (usually in the form of sucking at magic.) Wouldn't it be possible to make magic more realitive to rationality? Especially restoration and heal other perhaps? It's rare to see a fighting healer, or a healing fighter. If fighters couldn't do a full restore, they'd either need a teammate healer or would have to back down on what they fight (this can be extended to all of magic imho.) It would also make the use of will/reasoning more important and hence make people choose their pick points a bit differently than now. This might also enhance pk as now you have a true mage involved in the game and the mage might be able to use his power as effectively as the fighter.

On the economy issue again, flowers, flowers, flowers ;) How many of us have seen the top level players harvesting lupines for hours trying to buy new armor to replace the stuff they lost fighting? (newbies in plate after two days, bleh :P ) This is way to abusive to the economy, not just for newbies, but for high level players. It makes people not really have to "work" for thier gold coins, just spend some time and poof, you're rich. If they actually had to kill/mix/trade to get their gold coins, it might change things quite a bit :) Flowers also taint the other skills as people trying to make coins by "selling" their other skills will always lack to flower harvesters. I'm antisocial and can assure you it's quite possible to "earn" a living by mixing/trading/killing for coins.

1. More PK (since there will no longer be super extra strong people no one can kill). Of course, some very strong now will still be very strong, but the difference will be somewhat smaller.

Tuning restoration to be related to rationality addresses this I think, by adding a new flavor to pk andmaking pure fighters less able to heal themselves.

2. People will actually use some of the attributes they do not use now (reasoning, for example).

Again, make magic related to rationailty and this is a given.

3. People will take more positive perks, and less negative perks.

No change here as people would be able to still choose one way or another (33 flavors is good :D )

4. Since it will be harder to kill high level monsters alone, this will encourage more cooperation between players.

I think tuning magic would also have this same result.

5. Less drops in the game, good for the economy.

Once again, tuning magic would help this and the flowers issue would also be a huge bonus to this issue.

Flame away if you choose, I won't even defend myself this time :D

When the Top #1 in Attack and the Top #1 in Defense are into it i think there is no much more say is there? ;)

:D

Isnt people actually staying and fighting and then fleeing after a while better than the situation now ? how many people stay and fight at the moment ? not many. wether they see Toom, gnny, mp , pking , sia , ambro or other top fighters they just tele before even combat is started. That cant be fun for the top pkers .

At least with a cap ( and i agree 48 is a bit low ) players might think that " well if we team up against pker A, we might bring him down " more fun for everyone... Top players have people actually stop and fight them and lower levels with a bit of planning and team work have a slim chance to win ...

It should be a challenge for all ... unless people dont want to be challenged..

As for the emu debate ... maybe emu could be moved from attributes ..

ie : move it Human nexus etc then those who want high emu can take 50-60 human nexus ( and like they said they dont need the pp for fighting so no loss to them)

or

start with a basic emu score and this is increased per harv level .. so 10-15 emu per level (rewards people who have trained harving and not negged out to be mules )

note:

I hope Ent does decide to go with the majority on this even if it only 60/40 in favour, because wether people like it or not there is a problem, its just the solution that needs tweaking a bit .

and looking into the future . leveling the playing field so to speak can only benifit new players when they join the game .

Its not all about US its about whats best for the game overall imo

Sorry if this is repeating myself, but I'd like to expand on my earlier answer:

If fighters couldn't do a full restore, they'd either need a teammate healer or would have to back down on what they fight (this can be extended to all of magic imho.) It would also make the use of will/reasoning more important and hence make people choose their pick points a bit differently than now. This might also enhance pk as now you have a true mage involved in the game and the mage might be able to use his power as effectively as the fighter.

If a fighter can't restore, how train ?

Bring a mage every time you go training ??

Will make people leave the game. :D

Im afraid too many idea from Ent aren't coming through cause of what cummunity (inclucing me) says.

JUST DO IT! TRY IT OUT! ITS YOUR GAME!

You should know whats good for this. And EVERYONE knows there will be a drastic change someday Anyway.

Maybe it works, maybe it needs adjusted? Just try it. We simply can't go on like its now.

Amen.

why not just apply the cap on the PK server? all sides have been arguing which is better, which is more suitable, which is more appropriate. besides, this is what (most) PKers think is best for the game/world/economy. :D so, for the PK server, if this is best, then i believe it will work well in it. but for the general EL populace, i don't think the needs of the few outweigh the needs of the many.

for me, i just want to enjoy the game just like it is when i joined a year ago (well, not EXACTLY, since i enjoy the updates and upgrades; awesome, btw). i'm not into PK, as many of you know, but rather trying to find out what i can do to help anybody. currently, i do harvesting services, but that does not make me a non-fighter (i enjoy NDD/I :) ). so, for me, yes, it will greatly hamper my goals of increasing my load capacity. the cap will limit my capacity to service clients in the fastest possible time. and quizzel, i know you got something to say about this, so why don't you do it in PM instead? ;)

imagine everybody else getting affected: alchemists, manufacturers, potioners, engineers, etc...the less room for items carried, the more time spent in reaching storage for them. some have over 1k+ emu (and wow to them), and still i hear some complains :D . but, to each his own. if you can live with a cap, then i guess it's okay for you. i just know i'll have a hard time with it. but like everything else, if the majority goes YES, then there would be no choice but to bear with it, sans the enjoyment of reaching a stellar goal of high attributes. :P

off topic (but may be related): a while back, i have seen discussion on ch4 about the dwindling online players day after day, since the 1.5.0 update. i agree with the chatters; may be difficulties in using the new version on old computers, may be difficulties in setting up the game; a dozen more or so reasons. so why add an erstwhile potential hump to get over in the game? i understand this was meant to give some improvement on the game, but for whose improvement?

When the Top #1 in Attack and the Top #1 in Defense are into it i think there is no much more say is there? :P

Isnt people actually staying and fighting and then fleeing after a while better than the situation now ? how many people stay and fight at the moment ? not many. wether they see Toom, gnny, mp , pking , sia , ambro or other top fighters they just tele before even combat is started. That cant be fun for the top pkers .

if i catch some1 i usually kill him, not many get away. and those who tele in the moment they see me?it's not that many, because not many can see me coming ;):D

When the Top #1 in Attack and the Top #1 in Defense are into it i think there is no much more say is there? :)

if i catch some1 i usually kill him, not many get away. and those who tele in the moment they see me?it's not that many, because not many can see me coming ;):D

Isn't it just wonderful that there is one player that's insanely hard to kill? :P

ok i am a "OMG WTF NO WAY" Personally i would feel less insulted if I could have just voted "NO"

For what its worth this is an alternate suggestion (just a suggestion which as such i hope does not receive personal or scathing remarks)

How about making it - (On main) for pk there is a combat level range so players may only engage players within a given range of their own combat level ie "Near god players" may only att other near god players and newbies may only att newbies etc etc. which could result in a msg such as "att unsucessful enemy is not within your combat level range". Could it be done ? would it be workable ? it does IMO seem a little less drastic than halting players in certain elements of their developement and could also encourage PK which I assume is the required outcome,

BTW I have played games where teamwork is necessary to kill certain monsters and have seen upto about 30 players online at any one time-Perhaps ive played the wrong ones but IMO an indication of the popularity of this method of game play

Isn't it just wonderful that there is one player that's insanely hard to kill? :P

But easy to flee from , but I'm only alcher/manuer/crafter, so what do I know ??? :D

I had to sleep with that and its sad that my vote wouldnt change anything. Im not a fighter, MP and asgnny said everything about that.

I did reset to get full phys for lots of hp and emu. For ppl who says '20 more orez for harvesters! omg!' - emu is very usefull for mixing, for example steel bars needed in huge amounts for ur pr0 armors.

But i can handle with that problem, like ppl could handle with cooldown or dissapearing vials from pofs :D. Its just a new strategy of playing, it gives chances for everybody to make everything.

it does IMO seem a little less drastic than halting players in certain elements of their developement

Just a general question and not a flame or argument in any way..

How many non pkers/fighters have got attributes over the proposed cap limit ? just being nosey :D

How many non pkers/fighters have got attributes over the proposed cap limit ? just being nosey :D

+3 years of game, coordination 50

About EMU, I have 860, #4 harvester... I don't see any problem with gypsum:

gypsumhv2.png

In the year 2007 I used srs and LE for 8 millions of gc... np

Oh, I voted yes ;)