Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Attributes cap for the main server

Attribute caps  

410 members have voted

1. 1. Cap each attribute at 48

• Yes!
    • OMG WTF no way!11!!

My reason, I think 48 is too low. Leave that for the pk server - for the main server perhaps 55(6?)-60 would be better.

I have to agree here, if it's capped (which I'm not against the idea as some people seem to think), I think it should be more like 60 on the main server, this gives people less of an option to max out lots of attributes.

One idea for the cap: a cap of anything means something final.

You have reached the end of the game somehow.

AFAIK, some other games do that, so why not suggest this idea:

Every 1st of january, when radu recovers from his hangover, he can start a script which creates a statistic where we can see how everybody was doing the last year.

For example, we can see who was the pr0 harvester with most stuff in storage, the pr0 pker, who killed the most ppl, the pr0 alchemist who made the most enriched essies and so on.

And then, a char wipe. The next year you can try to be the #1 alchemist or the #1 fighter or whatever.

Just an idea, a cap is a limit somehow, so lets limit the time and ppl have a goal. this year i was the #1 fighter, next year ill like to be the #1 alchemist or again the #1 fighter, all up to me/you.

Roleplaying: Ragnarök, the end of the known world, all heroes and gods die and everybody has a new chance in the new world which will come :bow_arrow:

Piper

Every 1st of january, when radu recovers from his hangover, he can start a script which creates a statistic where we can see how everybody was doing the last year.

For example, we can see who was the pr0 harvester with most stuff in storage, the pr0 pker, who killed the most ppl, the pr0 alchemist who made the most enriched essies and so on.

And then, a char wipe. The next year you can try to be the #1 alchemist or the #1 fighter or whatever.

Just an idea, a cap is a limit somehow, so lets limit the time and ppl have a goal. this year i was the #1 fighter, next year ill like to be the #1 alchemist or again the #1 fighter, all up to me/you.

Roleplaying: Ragnarök, the end of the known world, all heroes and gods die and everybody has a new chance in the new world which will come :bow_arrow:

Piper

The_Joker

Just curious? Some people say the cap should be more/ others say less. As long as the cap is the same for everyone? is there any real difference what that cap is? Will not everyone be playing from the same level field?

Piper

im sorry piper but i totally dis agree with the char wipe, ppl wrked hard and put there time and effort into their char especially most top 50 ppl who have been playing for like 2+ years...

~bigk

i find that the caps is good but i also agree that 48 caps is far too low perhaps could be like other said at 60?

In my option the cap should be around 80's because the only current attribute that gets that high is coordination. which by cutting back on the amount of coordination allowed, would mean player would use other attribute, and couldn't just jack up there physic, to make up for lost coordination, because, the main reason for such high p/c would be to train, and its not really affective to have a massive physic, which by making it so players have to go away from physic and coordination would cause them to use other less used attritubes, and maybe have some pp's left over to start other skills

With 48 in p/c/w/v would I have 240 hp without COL, 384 mana, 48 thoughness, I think I would still be hard to kill - at least I will have mana for many restores.

And get much better xp because of the will, so maybe it will not make a big difference from now ?

Edited by Zamirah

With 48 in p/c/w/v would I have 240 hp without COL, 384 mana, 48 thoughness, I think I would still be hard to kill - at least I will have mana for many restores.

And get much better xp because of the will, so maybe it will not make a big difference from now ?

And still 13 pp left

Exactly.

The pickpoints people have won't dissapear. 384 Mana chars will be kinda commen, and will be impossible to kill since the max might you have is 48.

I didnt voted yet, I think the idea is nice, I would vote yes, but some high level monsters really need to have their P/C adjusted, otherwise there will be a HUGE row of players awaiting for Fluffys/Feros/Desert Chims to be free.

I'm deeply concerned about all other basic attributes to reach a reasonably cross attributes stats to train on high monsters, but afterall, high monters won't give same experience as the basic ones, so everyone will wait a lot of time and train on them, or just pvp.

I like Conavar's idea. Human would be flat 60, dwarves stronger but less instinctive, elves being weaker but more agile. Gnomes, orchans and dragoeni would all have higher attributes but without a negative or with two positives. That would make P2P even more desirable. (Gnomes higher reasoning and instinct, orchans higher phys and vitality, and dragoeni would be higher phys and higher will.)

As you can see I do not support a 48 point cap on the main server. I think the players who put in the uber training efforts should have a goal like 60 to reach where as most players will be lower but not that much lower. This would mean 1200 emu max. The uber harvesters would still have a goal to reach above most others as well. The time and effort put into getting your character a step above other players should be rewarded IMO. Setting the cap too low while buying nexus and people using nexus removal for attributes may be an exploit but it is one that has been encouraged IMO. I think we should consider what has been spent by those players.

I took negative perks to make myself a harvester for a later reset. Just giving me pick points back instead of letting me choose to remove negative perks instead is not fair IMO. I think a lot of people would feel the same way about that. Trying the cap on the PK server first and making the cap 60 on the regular server would give everyone a chance to make plans to adjust to the change.

A cap of any kind without letting people completely rework their pick points including perks would make too many people need to reset throwing months, and for some years of work, out the window. Obviously if enough people vote yes the cap will appear on the PK server. I think the cap at 48 is a great idea on the PK server. I think we need another poll for the main server. Linking them together is not fair so I am voting no.

As has been pointed out the tougher monsters need better gear with lower attributes and the gear will still weigh the same which will limit the amount of fighting supplies for training too. Everyone will be forced to go backwards on monsters at the higher levels and spawns will be impossible to find. You would have to make every map multi to even begin to give people a chance to train since teaming the tougher monsters would be unavoidable. Then people will be forced to PVP for defense experience and get their attack by multi-ing the higher level monsters. This means more player interaction but much harder training for att/def in an already limited system. 48 would be WAY too low IMO for all of the above listed reasons if a cap is put in.

A lot more spawns, letting us completely rework our pick points, and making all of the maps with tougher monsters multicombat and possibly some weight adjustments on some items would all together make an attribute cap more feasible. We have stuff that weighs 10 emu in the game and that is too high IMO for an attribute cap limited game. I hope that if the yes vote wins that all of these things will be considered.

TirunCollimdus

i dunno its better for ppl with higher a/d coz they can 2x TS and train on fluff and DC's w/e much exp lost if max coord 48 but harder for lower lvled ppl

Exactly.

The pickpoints people have won't dissapear. 384 Mana chars will be kinda commen, and will be impossible to kill since the max might you have is 48.

Not to mention all the hours people spent on fluffs, chimmies, etc. A/D will be more the deciding factor I think.

Zamiriah is absolutly right. With that many Hitpoints and mana even dragons are not out of reach for a high A/D player. Add a Mirro Cloak/perk and let the dragon kill itself. Fights between all levels will last much longer making it more fun for everyone. This will make also a mage/summoner type fighter more important. There has been many suggestions on forums over the years by people who would want this type of Mage charater to be effitive in a fight. Not just get hit once or twice and die. Fights between equal a/d will be long and hard. Lots of broken armors, startagey will play a much bigger role. And makes a lot more cominations for fighters. Not everyone will be 40P 20W/V and 100+ Cooridination.

Edited by Jumpy

Piper

if there would be a cha wipe every year there would be no point to even play the game in the first place and no point to even spend any USD on it.Because you play this game and train for what reason? to get your cha wiped after a year of hard work training and getting all the ings for making stuffs? and then at the start of the new year just restart from 3a/d and 0 n all stats and try to build it up to 100+ aain to get wiped again?

Zamiriah is absolutly right. With that many Hitpoints and mana even dragons are not out of reach for a high A/D player. Fights between all levels will last much longer making it more fun for everyone. This will make also a mage/summoner type fighter more important. There has been many suggestions on forums over the years by people who would want this type of Mage charater to be effitive in a fight. Not just get hit once or twice and die. Fights between equal a/d will be long and hard. Lots of broken armors, startagey will play a much bigger role. And makes a lot more cominations for fighters. Not ever one will be 40P 20W/V and 100+ Cooridination.

Fight will definately take longer :bow_arrow:. You'll need to do 6300hp damage to Zamirah, that is if she doesn't drink any sr/emp during the battle lol. With 48 might, and the nowadays armor, well, youll have to go to bed, before you done the job I think.

And still 13 pp left

Exactly.

hmm i believe for the PKers now it would be better to have a CoM instead of a CoL because 534 Mana is wayyy pr0, especially with a never failing resto and MD, + magic would be used alotmore in PK, any1 in main server can get 240 hp and thats quite enough for PKing but to have 500+ mana every1 would have a demand for CoMs no need for CoL much anymore which makes training alot easier and i think prices would go down a fair bit too, it would be almost easier for ppl who can already beat dragon to have 500+ mana and 240 hp especially for hydro ppl who can max there attributes out and have enuff PP for nexuses so they could lvl really high in most skills and there would be alot more strateigey in PKing aswell, if this happens i think we sould bring in more weps like i higher than great weps and have them like bronze sword/orc slayer and maybe a lil higher and have good acc etc

~bigk

**EDIT** Typos

Edited by bigkav

Zamiriah is absolutly right. With that many Hitpoints and mana even dragons are not out of reach for a high A/D player. Fights between all levels will last much longer making it more fun for everyone. This will make also a mage/summoner type fighter more important. There has been many suggestions on forums over the years by people who would want this type of Mage charater to be effitive in a fight. Not just get hit once or twice and die. Fights between equal a/d will be long and hard. Lots of broken armors, startagey will play a much bigger role. And makes a lot more cominations for fighters. Not ever one will be 40P 20W/V and 100+ Cooridination.

Fight will definately take longer :bow_arrow:. You'll need to do 6300hp damage to Zamirah, that is if she doesn't drink any sr/emp during the battle lol. With 48 might, and the nowadays armor, well, youll have to go to bed, before you done the job I think.

in this case i find that there should be a different caps for different attributes. for say 16/18 max caps with vit and will and then 48 for phy and lets say 70 for coords?

That is what I have been thinking also. Which will make team work, summoning, mages, engineers, archers (in the future) much more effitive. Maybe even nesseciary to win. With a emu cap, there will be a limit on how long a fight can last, buring through 500 HE and 50 emps a fight should make all the harvesters and mixers happy. The crafters will be happy from all the Damage RIngs, Mana rings, etc. Summoners will finaly fell like they belong in a fight again. Mages with 48 Instict,will and Vitality will be casting there butts off. Engineers invisable setting traps. I see a lot of potential. Even folks with much lower A/D will be able to feel like they can particiapate in a fight with much stonger people. The Fights will be long and epic. The first one to run out of essces in there inventory will most likely be the loser. BOD and SOM will become very popular wepons. It would be a huge change to the game. It most certainly would make the pk side of the game much different then it is currently

And still 13 pp left

Exactly.

Will anyone be able to kill anyone without items of 'death' or the rings that do massive damage and massive mana drain? Health and might limited while mana goes through the roof. My first post is so long because I tried to cover every part of the argument I could think of but this is something else. It will be bad enough that so many people will be forced to retreat to lower level monsters for training but what about PK with this situation for PK? Is this really good for anyone? How?

TirunCollimdus

PS Read each paragraph of my first post seperately instead of the whole thing at once. :bow_arrow:

in this case i find that there should be a different caps for different attributes. for say 16/18 max caps with vit and will and then 48 for phy and lets say 70 for coords?

And the rest of my pp ?

Put them in human nexus ?

I'm close to have the nexus I want - all but animal

nah if we guna cap it at something wed have to have it the same for all skills so this way its fair but id still like to have it capped at 60 if it was possible :bow_arrow:

I don't know what to say or vote for really... I am not liking the poll so far..

Why not just a simple "no" also? I am not an immature baby, voting that would just piss you off (to a degree I understand your view).

But as most people, capping it would really stink for people who like the harvest, I know that most arn't even at 800, but still... SOME are... and I plan to have 1000+ emu sometime.

As TC said, some items weigh 10emu, although this doesn't affect me atm, it could later.

Now, adjusting harvestables weight could be a suggestion, but I am not sure how the eco would do with that.

From what I see, this is more based on what the pkers think... I know pkers break items, use items, and other things, but this will effect everyone...

Like I said, I am no where near capping... but what will a mixer/harvester do with Vitility? PP totally wasted... This could FORCE mixers/harvesters to pk when they have reached the cap of their "special attribute". And some of us just didn't join this game to pk or fight... sorry.

CAPS are normally bad for a game, it limits people. People who become the "best" quit, as there is nothing for them to do. This allows other people to get higher I guess, but when they reach the cap, then what? I'll just assume you'll raise the cap...

{edit}

Could there possibly be a way when you enter a pk map, that only the 48 of each attribute works? Locking anything over it? I mean it's mainly based toward pkers, right? Or does that even deserve a discussion?

Edited by Lexi