Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Attributes cap for the main server

Attribute caps  

410 members have voted

1. 1. Cap each attribute at 48

• Yes!
    • OMG WTF no way!11!!

Why not have a level cap while we're at it?

Because many people would be above the cap, and I can't give them back anything in return.

While that's true, and I may have been a bit abrupt, one of the main reasons I've always loved EL is because there ARE no caps... Your only limit is how hard you work, or how lazy you are, in my case. :D

I didnt vote right now coz:

Why not see how that cap works on the PK server and THEN bring it over here or not?

Advantages:

1. No extra work for you.

Do you think the player files convert thesemvles?

When we see the cap works bad on the PK server, you dont have to convert them on the main server and implement the cap, thats what i mean.

And since the players base on the PK server is quite small, the amount of ppl who will tell you "OMFG. U ruin ze game!!!" will be quite small too :D

Piper

Why cap the attributes at 48? (number signifigance or something? maybe round up to 50)

Slightly off topic question:

is there a way to make the PK zones into a penalty area where the caps are at 48 or whatever is settled on and leave the rest of the world "normal" ?

I voted no, takes away the differences between characters and the choice to sacrifice on one side of the game to benefit on the other.

If you really want to fix the economy, take away flower sales :) Any newbie can be rich in a day or two selling flowers, then they have full plate and an uber weapon without even learning about the game. That's what's killing the economy imho.

As far as PK goes, that's what a pk server is for...

Maybe make using magic harder for fighters...

Edited by DogBreath

I like the freedom that the no-cap currently offers. People can experiment endlessly with the best builds for different skills focuses. I think this is positive. A cap will make us more homogeneous, and I've always been a big believer in the strength of diversity.

I voted yes, although I actually believe 48 is too high, not too low. I believe the highest oa is 150something at the moment (could be wrong) and that would still be less than 40 over 4 attributes out of 6, and that doesnt take into account nexus or positive perks.

A cap of 40 or so would be better :) That would limit emu to 800, but...800 emu is a lot really. Most people wouldn't even be able to max 3 attributes with the cap at 40

S.

Guest Lucjusz

3. People will take more positive perks, and less negative perks.

What with pl who have neg perks?

arter cap they will be forced to make reset.

The caps in the PK server will work very well, including the 100 a/d cap. the PK server benefits from me having a lot more experience now than I had 4 years ago, when the exp/attribute system was made.

lightspeed how about if ur not a pker hush up and let the pk'ers vote?

this will make the game a lot more interesting and in retro spect might revive some of the fun!

OMG, stfu?

PKers are a minority in this poll.

An attribute cap affects all aspects of the game.

Geeez.

I think a Cap would be nice, although, it might be nice to see how well it does on PK Server, like Pip said ;p

This post was more targeted towards fighters I'm sure, and u guys who harvest should be happy, the more it takes to obtain this the more u can sell it for no?

I would said no to main server cuase i well add more work for the game development! the main server had just have update! there is could be alot more bugs find in game!

if Pkers like to have cap in the attributes at begin of their pk server. that is great! but add to main server just going to add troubles for game development!

i would let the Main sever be as it is for now!

I don't think anyone has enough pickpoints to cover will, coo and phy and 48 each.

I am not a pk'er so what I say is from a harvesters perspective. If the EMU is capped it will affect my harvesting ability. I didn't vote. Just my thoughts. :)

I don't think anyone has enough pickpoints to cover will, coo and phy and 48 each.

they do, 100% sure

some even have enough to put coo/phys/will at 60

Edited by jakie

I don't think the nexus bought through hydro were ever meant to be removed and put into p/c. this has just been an exploitation of the system leading to ridiculous p/c levels. hydro buying was installed so that ppl could take nexus without sacrificing p/c. Removal was installed so ppl could change their character focus without a full reset. It was never meant to be a way to "overclock" your coord

finally :)

Been waiting this for ages...48 is more then fine for each attribute...an EMU of 960 is plenty.

I made a char with 1680 emu and i vote "yes" ;)

First off I voted Yes . great idea for the game and one that has been mentioned many times in our guild chat.

IMO 48 is a bit low.. 48 for the pk server is fine because that comes with an a/d cap as well, but since a few players have surpassed 100 a/d on the main server, a p/c cap would need to be higher ( so not as to handicap people to much) , I think 60 ish would be more than enough .

to me it also makes the game more realistic .ie there is only so much a person can train there body to be stronger/faster and a cap highlights this, and it also makes a/d level more important and benifits thoses who have trained hard and not just people who have negged out.

Personally I would like to see a racial cap ( but might be to much work)

Racial cape being :

Human char is standard all attributes capped at 60

orchans being stronger have a slightly higher physique cap 64 but because they are larger in frame have less dexterity 56 coord cap etc etc etc for all attributes

gnomes being small not as strong so lower physigue cap 56 but are agile higher coord cap 64 etc etc

this can be used for all attributes Elves more magic based , more will/instinct etc.

anyway just an idea.

note : to all those voting NO because " OMG is sux for emu " :) , Ent did say THINK before you voted.. maybe Ent has plans to make perks that could increase emu etc .

Pro idea Conavar.

This will actually bring race attributes to EL for the firsttime. :)

#Edit- Even though I like the cap idea. 60 would mean an epic fail.

Edited by Ryosuke

About the nexus/hydro buying folk...

They will still have those pickpoints, it's not like they vanish. They will still be able to put those points wherever, within the limitations of the cap.

S.

I vote yes. I've been able to do every skill in the game so far with well below 48 in any attribute and still have a crapload of fun.

It'll be nice to wander in PK occasionally and not get creamed by someone od'ed on phys or coord.

I don't think the nexus bought through hydro were ever meant to be removed and put into p/c. this has just been an exploitation of the system leading to ridiculous p/c levels. hydro buying was installed so that ppl could take nexus without sacrificing p/c. Removal was installed so ppl could change their character focus without a full reset. It was never meant to be a way to "overclock" your coord

I agree

I also think with this cap, there will be more oppurtunitys for a "mage charater" to be more effitive in summoning, magic.The engineers laying traps, and with archery coming down the pipe there will be more oppurtunitys for them also. Fighting will become more of a group effort. There will be a more of a chance for a mage build to participate. Not eveyone will have ubber Cooridination and an orcslayer. At the very least, it will make the game more combative for the non fighters, pro summoners, and pro mages.

Hi,

I'm pretty new to this game (oa 58), my highest attribue is my 26 in physique, so this was supposed to be good for me, but still I voted no.

I'm thinking on the long run.

I've been playing for almost 6 month, but I intend to play here for years!

On the long run, I don't want to be limited on what interest me and just be at "max level", like everyone.

I've been talking with a lot of strong players for several month, and seeing their present level, I think a cap at 60 would be better, if any cap.

In fact, there are skills or activities (such as crafting) in which I am not interested in.

I also saw arenas where the level of people was limited, and there, I had my chances.

Another way was to arrange pk with people that had about the same level as I had. (thought I only pk-ed 10 times)

I'm also putting myself in the skin of the top player : they spend a part of their life creating their character, and this modification will destroy a part of this effort.

I leave this on a totally different only game (a php-creature breeder game), I that was quite bad for top players such as me. I know eternal land has nothing to do with a php game, but loosing work and efforts must still hurt the same.

Most of all, I'm afraid about the emu limit, and the role it will give to will.

If there's a pk limit, wouldn't it then be better to first max will, in order to then max everything else?

I feel this cap will change a lot of things I based my strategy on, and give me fear for the future of the game.

I think the 3 month watching of the effects of this cap on the pk server costs nothing, and is really good.

I think that a cap at 60 would be a lot better, at least for emu.

I like the game now. It's just that when I went on pk map, I didn't take anything I didn't want to loose with me.