Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Attributes cap for the main server

Attribute caps  

410 members have voted

1. 1. Cap each attribute at 48

• Yes!
    • OMG WTF no way!11!!

We have a poll in the Pk forums, where so far most of the people are for a cap in the attributes (the cap will be at 48 for each attribute).

Some expressed their interest to have this cap on the main server, and I think it would be a great idea for everyone.

So, if you vote for it (and before you do, I REALLY hope you will give the idea some consideration, not just quickly vote), here is how it will work:

1. For those who do not have over the maximum of any attribute, the only change is that you can't push your attributes further than the max.

2. For those of you who did go over the max, your over the max attributes will be pushed down to the max, and you'll get the pickpoints of what's over.

There are many advantages for such a cap:

1. More PK (since there will no longer be super extra strong people no one can kill). Of course, some very strong now will still be very strong, but the difference will be somewhat smaller.

2. People will actually use some of the attributes they do not use now (reasoning, for example).

3. People will take more positive perks, and less negative perks.

4. Since it will be harder to kill high level monsters alone, this will encourage more cooperation between players.

5. Less drops in the game, good for the economy.

Dissadvantages:

1. Extra work for me.

2. Me having to put up with people that are like: "omfg, this will kill the game, oh teh noes, now I can't kill 3 dragons with one restore!11!"

I say yes, it will make the game MORRRRRRRRRRRE fun imo, might revive pk a bit! make gc harder to come by!

AND TO TOP IT OFF it'll drop some of the prices on stuff such as...... nexus stones :D

voted yes, would make it more fun imo

think it should be a bit higher for main tho, like 60

Edited by Logger

and how high will be the limit on main?

i prolly vote yes

i do think its 48 :D

i voted yes, i'd like to see more people in pk plus me being able to have a chance there :P

edit: i do think the cap is a little low, maybe a bit higher?

Edited by Krakas3

Why not have a level cap while we're at it?

This game is starting to center too much on what PKers want...

(I voted NO)

Edited by LIGHTspeed

I didnt vote right now coz:

Why not see how that cap works on the PK server and THEN bring it over here or not?

Advantages:

1. No extra work for you.

2. You have not to deal with ppl who just are: "omfg, this will kill the game, oh teh noes, now I can't kill 3 dragons with one restore!11!"

3. We have some experience with that cap on the pk server then.

Maybe lets vote about that in 3 months or so.

Just my 2 goldcoins :D

Piper

Why not have a level cap while we're at it?

Because many people would be above the cap, and I can't give them back anything in return.

48 for main sounds fine - that's like OA 250 just to max out your attributes (assuming you don't use one PP on nexuses/perks). It will just limit how one-dimensional a character you can have.

I didnt vote right now coz:

Why not see how that cap works on the PK server and THEN bring it over here or not?

Advantages:

1. No extra work for you.

Do you think the player files convert thesemvles?

I have always hated seeing games that have level caps, take runescape for e.g.

Rather I see the top pros with colossal levels surpassing the cap, than having a cap at all.

But capping attributes? this is something different, something that makes me all tingly inside :D Physique/coordination are way too common attributes, and this cap would force these PK thirsty players to cap those out, and look elsewhere with their pp's :P

I vote YES!

lightspeed how about if ur not a pker hush up and let the pk'ers vote?

this will make the game a lot more interesting and in retro spect might revive some of the fun!

I have always hated seeing games that have level caps, take runescape for e.g.

Rather I see the top pros with colossal levels surpassing the cap, than having a cap at all.

But capping attributes? this is something different, something that makes me all tingly inside :D Physique/coordination are way too common attributes, and this cap would force these PK thirsty players to cap those out, and look elsewhere with their pp's :P

I vote YES!

Good thinking 99

I voted NONONO

Because that means a maximum emu a player can have is 960... thats sort of bad for harvesters, coz i know some that have 1500 emu!!!

VOTE N0!!!

Hmm - one downside to a cap is that it will make everybody a bit more well-rounded. So that might lead to less trading. However, 48 is still very high - a Pk-devoted character might still find places to put those PPs other than nexuses for a long time.

I voted yes because i am in favor of a cap. I think 48 is too low as well, but will support a cap. A lot of the training disadvantages can be made up by putting the extra pp in vit/reasoning/instinct etc.

This might even make the pk server redundant if we see action on the main again. If you make it so that rosts turn into a 3-5k gc drop when someone dies i think kf will see some action again :D

I think this would bring a lot more people into pk. There will be a lot of disadvantages to haveing lower emu, less Cooridination will mean I wont be able to fight as hard. But with more PP to put on Instint, Vitality, I will have lots of Hit points, and mana, which means fights will last longer. especily the multicombat fight. Very intresting, but I am scared to vote either way. At least what ever the decision, we will all be playing with the same deck.

Jumpy

lightspeed how about if ur not a pker hush up and let the pk'ers vote?

this will make the game a lot more interesting and in retro spect might revive some of the fun!

OMG, stfu?

PKers are a minority in this poll.

An attribute cap affects all aspects of the game.

Geeez.

I think a Cap would be nice, although, it might be nice to see how well it does on PK Server, like Pip said ;p

I have to agree with The_Piper, why not test the cap in PK server and see if is good or not and we vote that in the future?

And 48 its too low, i think 60-80 its better...