Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
swattter

New Perk Idea

Not going to get into pp's/gc to acquire.

New perk I’d like to call “Endurance Man” – When fighting with this perk you will not have to disengage and then reengage your opponent to continue to receive attack and defense experience. Meaning that you would get experience for each successful block or hit INCLUDING those beyond the 14 or 15 blocks/hits that we currently get experience for.

I think we have 2 different ways to pay for this perk.

1. The perk costs pp’s and or gc to acquire.

2. Your attack and defense experience is reduced by a certain percentage to make up for the increased hits/blocks.

What do you think?

Edited by swattter

New perk I’d like to call “Endurance Man” – When fighting with this perk you will not have to disengage and then reengage your opponent to continue to receive attack and defense experience.

2. Your attack and defense experience is reduced by a certain percentage to make up for the increased hits/blocks.

What do you think?

You mean to say that when you disengage your opponent you still get exp from them even though your not fighting them, or you can't disengage when fighting?

forgive me if i didn't read it right but that's what it looks like your saying.

New perk I’d like to call “Endurance Man” – When fighting with this perk you will not have to disengage and then reengage your opponent to continue to receive attack and defense experience.

What do you think?

You mean to say that when you disengage your opponent you still get exp from them even though your not fighting them, or you can't disengage when fighting?

forgive me if i didn't read it right but that's what it looks like your saying.

there is a limit of like 15 blocks and 15 hits before you stop receiving a/d exp and then you have to flee combat and attack the monster again to get more exp.

what he proboly means is that you get a unlimited number of blocks and hits with the perk, so you don't have to flee and re-attack the monster to continue to get a/d exp.

and i don't think he means you get exp while not fighting but only while fighting

Swattter I suppose you reached that stage where disengaging -> reengaging became a real pain in the *** :P

Nice idea, I'm for it.

An awesome idea. Let's also have a perk that makes you get from harvesting without any limits and a perk that makes your xp in any other skill 10 times higher and then let's just all go play runescape.

So tell me, whats wrong with having a perk like this when it's the same as the combat is now except you skip the dis/re-engage part of it.

3 pps for being able to afk-train limitlessly? Nice perk, I hope it will be added.

You can afk train all you like now anyway, you just miss some of that latter exp in the battle.

An awesome idea. Let's also have a perk that makes you get from harvesting without any limits and a perk that makes your xp in any other skill 10 times higher and then let's just all go play runescape.

Lol that's quite an exaggeration :D or is it...?

"I wanna afk train plz implement cheat-perk so i can get crazy amount of exp even when im afk"- rofl, i so doubt this ever gonna happen ;)

LOL! that's funny seeing a "I want more exp" post by a top pr0 :)

Too much exp already IMO :evilgrin:

Won't the required pp's for this perk be a negative consequence for this extra exp? The only reason I can think of why this would be bad is because battles go on for way longer than the 15 att/def swings? Sorry but I'm not strong enough to be in any battle that takes that long lol.

"I wanna afk train plz implement cheat-perk so i can get crazy amount of exp even when im afk"- rofl, i so doubt this ever gonna happen :evilgrin:

If it were only to apply to AI and not to PvP this would not be the case.

Unless anyone can train for 1h+ armed only with a bone on a spawn where monsters attack them, there is no possibility for abuse.

Even if the above is true - can the limit not be raised to 50 rounds (again only on AI)

"I wanna afk train plz implement cheat-perk so i can get crazy amount of exp even when im afk"- rofl, i so doubt this ever gonna happen ;)

Me also. I can go to work, leave char logged in get 5 or 6 friends to pvp me with some magic essces to keep me alive, 1 million xp/hour would be great.

Nice idea, but way to open for abuse.

there are enough ppl that can pvp with each other without using 1 HEs/Srs in hours... just let your

pc on over night.. DANG.. there is the prob...

Lets just make this case.. two friends.. both have the perk and just figured out best p/c/w/v combo to not

loose any health OR to barely use any HEs/SRs in hours.. perfectly abusable imo.

And seeing that, a little lost of a few a/d experience would be nothing since you can simple getting em back with beeing

afk pvping over night.

Edited by Scorpius

I dont like it. Even if it costed 10 PPs it would repay very quickly ;)

Harvesting experience is limited by the 120 harvests per hour, alch, manu, eng, tailoring and crafting experience are limited by food, magic and summoning by mana... Combat is already the faster skill to level up, why should we make it easier?

Edited by Kelnor

there are enough ppl that can pvp with each other without using 1 HEs/Srs in hours... just let your

Lets just make this case.. two friends.. both have the perk and just figured out best p/c/w/v combo to not

loose any health OR to barely use any HEs/SRs in hours.. perfectly abusable imo.

And seeing that, a little lost of a few a/d experience would be nothing since you can simple getting em back with beeing

afk pvping over night.

You have all pointed out a flaw in this.... PvP

But what if it was limited to fights with monsters?

Is such a thing still possible - and if it is possible - why not increase it to 50 rounds on monster only fights?

afk pvping over night.

You have all pointed out a flaw in this.... PvP

But what if it was limited to fights with monsters?

Is such a thing still possible - and if it is possible - why not increase it to 50 rounds on monster only fights?

Pure instinct builds can pvp whatever they want.

This perk if implemented would not allow anyone to just sit there and get experience that wasn't deserved. Some of you have pointed out a "Flaw" where friends could do healing spells and then fight you even when you are not there. You can do that now if you want! The only difference the perk would add is that you wouldn't have to disengage and then attack again.

This perk is not about getting huge amounts of experience, because you can get credit for every hit/block that you deserve so long as you disengage and attack again every ~15 turns.

It is simply about not having to flee from combat just to get the experience that you are already fighting for.

Addition to Scorpius post:

MoL

Staff of Healing (?)

Seeing people hitting fluffies (and getting hit) by 2-3 points it would give'em quite nice time for a cup of tea or coffee after just one click.

Compare it to other skills. Even now the complaint about A/D being the easiest skills to grind comes back from time to time (I agree with this claiming, either). With this perk the whole game would get a huge kick toward its grave.

@Swattter

I'm reading your post and I have a very nasty impression you completely missed the point.

I find this 'only difference of dissing/fleeing every 15 rounds' quite a big one. It's just a difference between sitting next to your computer and clicking one time and going out with your girlfriend/boyfriend. I find this experience hardly deserved.

Edited by Kheres

This perk if implemented would not allow anyone to just sit there and get experience that wasn't deserved. Some of you have pointed out a "Flaw" where friends could do healing spells and then fight you even when you are not there. You can do that now if you want! The only difference the perk would add is that you wouldn't have to disengage and then attack again.

This perk is not about getting huge amounts of experience, because you can get credit for every hit/block that you deserve so long as you disengage and attack again every ~15 turns.

It is simply about not having to flee from combat just to get the experience that you are already fighting for.

I think we all understand. And it would be great to have this perk. I would buy it for sure. The reason that the game does not allow you to get xp with out fleeing, is the same reason harvesting events where put in game. To cut down on the afk leveling. Not saying you have a bad idea. I would give my 2 eye teeth for that perk. However in the spirt of this game it will never happen. Just be thankfull that entropy allows us to flee and re-new the experience, and we dont have to kill MOB's fast and wait for a re-spawn.

i would advice you reading my post again tho..

i said ppl are allready able to pvp WITHOUT LOOSING ANY HEALTH IN HOURS (i bolded the part for

those who still dont understand what i mean ;)

i didnt said anywhere that they heal each others, infact i said " there are enough ppl that can pvp with

each other without using 1 HEs/Srs in hours" (again.. bolded the important part)

Which means.. you turn on Computer, go play around, short before you go to bed you call your friend for

pvp... you start training, you let the computer on over night and go to sleep, letting the automatication of the

perk working for you.

The only Risk that is here is when ppl may interupt your train, but that most likely wont happen to ppl with

guildmaps and guardbots

Nontheless... this suggestion IS cool. but would do alot of harm to the community since its easy abusable

Edited by Scorpius

i pvped 18 hours a day for ~2 weeks, 12 of them afk and i got uber exp.

implement this perk and ppl who know how to pvp/train monsters will be able to get ~2 mill exp/hours ;)

Compare it to other skills. Even now the complaint about A/D being the easiest skills to grind comes back from time to time (I agree with this claiming, either). With this perk the whole game would get a huge kick toward its grave.

Perhaps this idea could be extended to other skills as well? While mixing, mix-all could continue even after fails, take stuff from storage as well as eat.

yeh and lets have a perk that walks around and harvests for you too :icon13:

seriously i think such perks and changes automate the game way too much, which

lowers the game experience over all. if you believe it or not i fully agree with Kheres lol :D

Edited by Scorpius

Sorry for the somewhat off-topic post, but isn't AFK leveling against the rules. Clicking harvest and walking away is ok because you will eventually stop, but PvP for 12 hours? The rules on the forum post are 2.5 years old, I think some rules have changed since then.

btw, I think this is a not good idea for the reasons already posted.

Fixed amount of XP after killing monster (adjusted by killer's A/D average level of course) would put an end to it, more so, it would resurrect the purpose of weapons. But I also know it is almost impossible to implement due to difficulties.

Lol ye cool idea :)

Make 2 chars with high will (for +exp), def gods and enough vitality to pvp without damage, leave them in a guild map fighting, switch off, leave for a few months and beat masterpiter in defense :D