Entropy

Attributes limit

Limit attributes  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Limit attributes

• Limit to 50
    • Limit to 60
    • No limit

Can I ask why most are heading towards 50? 50 would make your cross-attributes uneven. Unless you combine Coord with Instinct.. but, as there's an OA limit, it's a bit of a waste.
The theory that cross-attributes only have effect on even numbers is unproven (although i also keep my cross attributes even, cant hurt)... Ent even recently indicated that whether cross-attributes are even or uneven doesn't make a difference:
To get any advantage you'd need at least 6 pick points (remember that it takes two pickpoints to increase one cross attribute). With anything less than a 3 cross attribute increase, you are not going to get any significant advantage.

I remember reading that. but, if you start off with all Attributes at 4. All your X-Attributes are 4. So, by starting at 4, and adding 3.. you don't get 27 (The x-attribute of 50 coord for example). So, you'd have to spend 2pp's in both Reasoning, and Instinct to level it out? ;/

I've played this game for ages on the "Even X-Attributes" principle.

Does anyone know for sure? :/

Can I ask why most are heading towards 50? 50 would make your cross-attributes uneven. Unless you combine Coord with Instinct.. but, as there's an OA limit, it's a bit of a waste.

60 is too high imo, and 40 wasn't an option, so I went with 50.

I remember reading that. but, if you start off with all Attributes at 4. All your X-Attributes are 4. So, by starting at 4, and adding 3.. you don't get 27 (The x-attribute of 50 coord for example). So, you'd have to spend 2pp's in both Reasoning, and Instinct to level it out? ;/

I've played this game for ages on the "Even X-Attributes" principle.

Does anyone know for sure? :/

The even/odd is for the Attributes, not the cross attributes. Thats because two attributes are averaged in order to get a cross attribute.

The even/odd is for the Attributes, not the cross attributes. Thats because two attributes are averaged in order to get a cross attribute.
Ya we understand that Learner :icon13: ...but MANY long time trainers and PK'ers believe that a cross-attribute at 21 will give no more effect than when it is at 20. My own testing even seemed to support this for the Might cross-attribute... i'd say we're just seeing what we want/expect to see... but it'd be nice to know for sure.

no limit plz

with 50 p/c how are we suppose to kill anything above d chim....teaming up with 4 other people to kill yeti will be hard even with col + armor and it would not be fair to the people who take mostly phys. or all phys.....this way every one will be exactly the same a/d/p/c....why not just start with 100/100/50/50

then later on every one is going to take other skills...so every 1 will be a manuer/crafter/harv

i voted 50 too, even tho im not supporting the PK Server idea overall, but i just want

it at least to be fair.

i made this vote on behave of the other vote (from Mango i think) about the nexus

removal stones. if we cant get them out of the pk server, then at least lets have a

attribute limit. seems fair to me.

Ya we understand that Learner :icon13: ...but MANY long time trainers and PK'ers believe that a cross-attribute at 21 will give no more effect than when it is at 20. My own testing even seemed to support this for the Might cross-attribute... i'd say we're just seeing what we want/expect to see... but it'd be nice to know for sure.

You're also trying to apply a general rule to something that varies on a per cross attribute & per usage situation. What you think you see, is not what you get :D

i voted 50 too, even tho im not supporting the PK Server idea overall, but i just want

it at least to be fair.

i made this vote on behave of the other vote (from Mango i think) about the nexus

removal stones. if we cant get them out of the pk server, then at least lets have a

attribute limit. seems fair to me.

Ye, I really hope for no nexus stones. Otherwise it will be fair for one year, and then it will be screwed again :icon13: .

No limit is fine with me too, as long as no nexus stones, and some oa cap, say 120 or someting. So people still can choose their own builds, but only have a given max of pickpoints to spend.

Last thing, pickpoints limited to a max, is what is seen in most games I think. There are commen builds and rare builds then, depending on your 'task/goal' in pk(server).

tbh 40 would be better but i voted 50 cuz of fact that 40 wasn't there,

this is all supposed to be strategy, and I want this server to be fun for all and make people work hard for everythign they do.

no limit plz

with 50 p/c how are we suppose to kill anything above d chim....teaming up with 4 other people to kill yeti will be hard even with col + armor and it would not be fair to the people who take mostly phys. or all phys.....this way every one will be exactly the same a/d/p/c....why not just start with 100/100/50/50

then later on every one is going to take other skills...so every 1 will be a manuer/crafter/harv

I can do quite a bit of damage to yeti (100-200) before running out of mana. (I had 69/69 22/32 a/d p/c last I tried one)

So four people? sure it wouldnt be profitible, but you could kill it :icon13:

Btw, voted 50-60 limit. Would love to see other perks become more commen for fighting.

~kGn

I was thinking to limit all the attributes for the PK server to 50, or 60 (each).

The pros are:

1. More fair combat (no more super strong chars).

2. More attributes will be used, not just phys and co (and some will)

3. You will be able to actually take some perks if you want to.

Cons:

1. Can't fight really strong monsters (at least not alone)

This seems like a fantastic idea -- one I would love to see implemented on the main server as well (probably with higher caps, of course).

I was thinking of that too (of course, people will get back their PPs that are alocated in attributes over the limit). And this would require some more positive perks as well, so that people can do somethign with those extra PPs.

But this will be a separate vote.

Idea like this gets my backing 100% , wether thats pk server or main server (fingers crossed).. (shuts up about racial capping idea till main server vote :confused: )

no limit plz

I can do quite a bit of damage to yeti (100-200) before running out of mana. (I had 69/69 22/32 a/d p/c last I tried one)

~kGn

i have a vid somewhere on my old pc, killed a yeti with 67/69 24/30.. so it's not impossible imo.. need to use the right strategy :confused:

Was that before or after Yeti Update?

And, strategy would be hoping for Mirrors ;p Hitting a Yeti would be impossible at that p/c.

Damage rings + harm (and mirror) are the trick. One only needs col and high phys + will/vit. I have also killed yeti, except I was in 50's on test server :icon13:

But nevertheless, that won't be profitable so it won't be issue for pk server.

You won't need to kill the high level monsters in large amounts anyway. Won't need them for exp, only reason would be for drops - you'd get better GC off other mobs anyway, since high lvl mobs will eat up ess/pots.

The only reason you'd fight them would be to get their specific drops, so just organize guild outings or w/e :icon13:

no limit plz

So four people? sure it wouldnt be profitible, but you could kill it :D

Btw, voted 50-60 limit. Would love to see other perks become more commen for fighting.

~kGn

when first yeti came out 4 people (scarr + ohmygod + ulubatli + lorck) with 110a/d with 60s p/c tried to kill yeti and every 1 was visiting hell every few mins. It took lot of boost pots + healing and mirror to kill the yeti.

(ohmygod had jagged saber rest of them had serps with leather armor cuz of the icy wheather:P)

after a while the update for yeti came then i killed yetis with an average of 4-5 heals per yeti (little lag could have killed me which happened few times) i was 107/115/52/68. i had cutlass with steel/tit armor and col. yetis damage owns specially critical damage

and i dont think you damaged the yeti with your sword...you only got luck with mirror cape (or you did harm/poisen but seriously i dont think you can touch yeti with that skills.) . Your def +phys is way to low to handle yeti im sure you got pwned.

Yeah, ok, some cross attributes have to be even to get a bonus. So I can make it 48 instead.

is it possible to set a limit on the attributes (in overall) so every one is not the same

ex: 140 pp you can spend in attributes people can chose 140 phys Or 100/40 p/c ...40/60/20/20 p/c/v/w

You won't need to kill the high level monsters in large amounts anyway. Won't need them for exp, only reason would be for drops - you'd get better GC off other mobs anyway, since high lvl mobs will eat up ess/pots.

The only reason you'd fight them would be to get their specific drops, so just organize guild outings or w/e ;)

yes only reason people are going to try to kill them are for the drops (nmt cape) but the point was its going to veryyyyyyyyyy hard to kill them and the drop rate isnt that good.

only strategy i can see is the mirror + harm + poisen and its going to take hours/very risky

i saw video in youtube, 2 players killed a dragon only with harm/poisen/mirror. they didnt show what they got in the drop, but they sure wasted alot of money on diss rings/essences/pots/damage armor. so its not impossible but its going to be cost you alot (very high chance of dieing)

is it possible to set a limit on the attributes (in overall) so every one is not the same

ex: 140 pp you can spend in attributes people can chose 140 phys Or 100/40 p/c ...40/60/20/20 p/c/v/w

you can't have that mucvh p;/c any way o.O

no limit plz

So four people? sure it wouldnt be profitible, but you could kill it :D

~kGn

when first yeti came out 4 people (scarr + ohmygod + ulubatli + lorck) with 110a/d with 60s p/c tried to kill yeti and every 1 was visiting hell every few mins. It took lot of boost pots + healing and mirror to kill the yeti.

(ohmygod had jagged saber rest of them had serps with leather armor cuz of the icy wheather:P)

after a while the update for yeti came then i killed yetis with an average of 4-5 heals per yeti (little lag could have killed me which happened few times) i was 107/115/52/68. i had cutlass with steel/tit armor and col. yetis damage owns specially critical damage

and i dont think you damaged the yeti with your sword...you only got luck with mirror cape (or you did harm/poisen but seriously i dont think you can touch yeti with that skills.) . Your def +phys is way to low to handle yeti im sure you got pwned.

Yeah, ok, some cross attributes have to be even to get a bonus. So I can make it 48 instead.

The only reason you'd fight them would be to get their specific drops, so just organize guild outings or w/e :)

yes only reason people are going to try to kill them are for the drops (nmt cape) but the point was its going to veryyyyyyyyyy hard to kill them and the drop rate isnt that good.

only strategy i can see is the mirror + harm + poisen and its going to take hours/very risky

i saw video in youtube, 2 players killed a dragon only with harm/poisen/mirror. they didnt show what they got in the drop, but they sure wasted alot of money on diss rings/essences/pots/damage armor. so its not impossible but its going to be cost you alot (very high chance of dieing)

Every played any other MMOs? People spend hours on a single raid to kill one boss. Boss has 0.01% chance of dropping a piece of armour. This piece of only 1/6 of an entire set. The best items are SUPPOSED to be very hard to get.