Eternal Lands Official Forums
furzwei

Demonstration

Such a presentation would be useful to show others that a strong minority or a majority are against said actions. To make their message clear.

However, in this case, I think you are trying to re-invent the wheel. Walk to any storage. Do a #guild_info on the various guild tags you see after people's names.

The majority of guilds are already against bag jumpers, scammers, etc. And the ones that aren't already have enemies and probably don't care about protests.

Your best bet is to join a guild that shares your views, be diligent in making sure all the current and future guildies uphold those principles and using the Outlaws section of the forums to post about those people perform said action.

Note: posting in Outlaws that Player_X scammed you, etc might, and probably will, get you even more flak from Player_X and his friends. So you must decide if the action was bad enough that others need to be warned as there may be fallout to you and your friends.

You want outlaws to reform?

Do things to them that will actually affect their gameplay.

Mixers/Traders: Do not trade with them (or only for twice the price; The Outlaw Surcharge ;))

PK'ers: Make them a priority 1 target, attack them on site. And, attack their guild, when their guild asks why they've become a target, tell them it is because of their outlaw member. If outlaws get kicked from their guilds, for being outlaws, it has a better chance of making them re-consider their game ethic.

Not trading with them: Annoys them, slows down their game progress.

Killing them and their guildies: Annoys them, makes people who's opinions they're more likely to care about unhappy with them.

Having a demonstration/protest: Does nothing.

@Zamirah

I assume english is not your first language and Tauren already explained that i was not encouraging anyone to break game rules (thanks Tauren). No harm, no foul.

Edited by Korrode

@Zamirah

I assume english is not your first language and Tauren already explained that i was not encouraging anyone to break game rules. No harm, no foul.

'

Oh I ment the demonstration could easy break the game rules, you were just the one who said - people block off a street and stop traffic - and is it not what happen in most demonstrations ?

Sorry if I made it look, you were supporting it.

;):pirate:

roflmao ;):o

imma go bomb myself now in el for the good cause.. ftw lol

lets bomb ourselves together

okok...

i see i made a mistake posting this idea in the wrong place...

the purpose of this would have been simply an event together and "to protest against spammers, scammers and bagjumpers" would have been just something.. i could have said as well lets protest against "failings in manufacturing" or "jerks in the game".... could be anything and the purpose is to bring the community together.. the community that actually makes this game.. :icon13: fedora is right

but as i just saw this list of really intensively critical replies i lost my mood for anything like this..

i should have posted this in the events.. or better posted it in the guild forums and just have fun in-game with my friends like we always do

this was my idea and the LLL guild doesnt deserve a single bad word for this

it also showed that maan you have a lot of evil stuck in you from RL to be hurting other people's game.. did it ever happen to you that you lost your wallet and someone gave it back to you? or your cell phone? how did it feel like? i dont think it was a negative experience for anybody

by the way.. does any of you know me personally? and what i do or actually already achieved in my life? well i dont think so and one more thing:

only the one who dares is the one who wins

and i dont know where you sucked all the ideas of blocking resources or pk ing, kilaran field, bomb ourselves etc... but the purpose was really just have the people together and have fun.

well sorry if i hurt your feelings by trying to get something like this organized together. the loudest ones to protest in this article better go play and have their fun their ways i chose another one and i wasnt really interested in their opinions.. negative people are always the same and it is really boring to discuss anything with them since the answer is always no, because of this and that.

peace

Edited by furzwei

this would've rather fit into Roleplaying Section... maybe Events even. Not like something that should

be put in general.

but have fun going down on the niveau bringing RL into a game lol, see ya ingame.

that always brings a quote from The Noob Comic into my mind lol

"Welcome to Pker Hotline, press 1 to say we are fat, press 2 to say we have no life, press 3 to say

we have no gf"

You maybe would've got more followers in the first place if you posted it on the right section, since ppl that

are interested in RPing/Events and not read General will especially look at those posts..

"You cant tell a dog to be a cat" as they say so nicely.. because lets face it... i would guess the majority

of EL gives a dung about RPing Events like this seems to be.

If its just an Event i would say ppl would still not care because there is no profit for them.. (yeh yeh.. the

sweet money and items...)

I think the spirit of the original post has been missed and unfortunately its turned into a bit of a put down contest, but people are missing the point a bit

Ghrae is right in saying that the general idea of people being against negative aspects of the game is already around , its true , alot of guilds already make it clear they dont like bjing and scamming etc

Also , I think everybody IS roleplaying, I mean youve all come up with a name for your little EL person , and you dress that little person up in clothes and give it swords , its a bit like Barbie and Ken but with swords and ogres !! LOL Also, isnt EL a MMORPG ? The RPG at the end kind of gives it away a bit hehe

But honestly, the spirit of trying to bring people together to get to know each other is great , after all why do most of us join/create guilds? For a sense of community and if your a tree hugging guild or a cut throat guild it doesnt matter , your all in it to have like minded people around you as you play dolls on a screen with lethal items :icon13:

At least give Furzwei some credit for having the guts to try and give an idea that would be for good reasons at heart !

Peace ( and donuts )

i use this name for my char because its my nickname in real life as well,

i buy clothes, dress up and train to have a competition with others.

but if you say im rping its mkay man, i think you just know more about me than myself

does.

Anyways, bringing the community together good good, but doesnt it rather split it up?

if you have a demonstration you will also have different oppinions on the matter which

will split the people in different fractions, and only those will stay together who know each

other anyways, simple fact imo.

Its not like im totally against the idea of bringing community together. i just think there have

been better suggestions before. im just trying to see it from a realistic point of view

hey people

just wondering if you would want to join a demonstration?.. or a peace walk whichever way you prefer it! :o

the topic of the peace walk or demonstration would be against spammers, scammers, deathbag thiefs, cheaters, liars, to think of our old friends who played EL and to show that the community is there and is stronger than ever!!

the "meeting" i hope would be a lot of people, wearing the same and we can make it happen really soon!!

maybe we could also mix it together with an EL trivia or so :confused:

oh well contact me ingame or here or the LLL guild

peace and tell me if you are in it or if you have some suggestions!!

this would be an event to bring the people together and have some fun together taking pictures of everybody chatting around and wearing nice armors, weapons, clothes making magic etc... :D

ciao

I quote your bad idea and raise you a "I no longer return DBs from PK".

:D:D

If this is like RL demos, you need people from all over the country who don't care about the cause at all but do like to throw stones and beer bottles. How about a demonstration event in a PK zone with blue team (riot police, wears armor) and red team (rag tag bunch of rioters) and the odd unaligned PKer (the professional troublemakers that always show up). That would make for a memorable demonstration.

Edited by sithicus

the topic of the peace walk or demonstration would be against spammers, scammers, deathbag thiefs, cheaters, liars, to think of our old friends who played EL and to show that the community is there and is stronger than ever!!

Forget what all the doubters say, count me in. a big crowd is just what I need to promote my new line of cut price diamonds rostos