Eternal Lands Official Forums
furzwei

Demonstration

hey people

just wondering if you would want to join a demonstration?.. or a peace walk whichever way you prefer it! :D

the topic of the peace walk or demonstration would be against spammers, scammers, deathbag thiefs, cheaters, liars, to think of our old friends who played EL and to show that the community is there and is stronger than ever!!

the "meeting" i hope would be a lot of people, wearing the same and we can make it happen really soon!!

maybe we could also mix it together with an EL trivia or so :D

oh well contact me ingame or here or the LLL guild

peace and tell me if you are in it or if you have some suggestions!!

this would be an event to bring the people together and have some fun together taking pictures of everybody chatting around and wearing nice armors, weapons, clothes making magic etc... :)

ciao

hey people

just wondering if you would want to join a demonstration?.. or a peace walk whichever way you prefer it! :D

the topic of the peace walk or demonstration would be against spammers, scammers, deathbag thiefs, cheaters, liars, to think of our old friends who played EL and to show that the community is there and is stronger than ever!!

the "meeting" i hope would be a lot of people, wearing the same and we can make it happen really soon!!

maybe we could also mix it together with an EL trivia or so :D

oh well contact me ingame or here or the LLL guild

peace and tell me if you are in it or if you have some suggestions!!

this would be an event to bring the people together and have some fun together taking pictures of everybody chatting around and wearing nice armors, weapons, clothes making magic etc... :)

ciao

Your Kidding?

Time to break out my thermal water cannon I guess? What exactly are you protesting? and why? This is a game. If you dont like the rules, cheat or play a different game.

Sounds like work and would take away from my "defeat Acelon at tailoring" time. If you want to protest something, do it outside of game about an issue that people actually care about. Besides, who cares about the community. I only need you all for gold coins :D

wow...

got the anti protestants lined up all..

"know your enemy!!" - zack de la rocha

ohh and Jumpy... youre an idiot

i didnt say anything about the rules

Now was that appropiate? :D furzwei redtagged \o/

Some person suggest having a protest against bagjumpers. scammers, etc. And I am the idiot? WOW! What planet are you from?With all the bad/evil/terrible things in this world you could put your ambition and energy into something a little more productive. But please go ahead and march...Please bring your protest to KF. I am sure the constabulary will put a quick end to it!

One big problem, furzwei, is that unlike a protest in RL where, say, people block off a street and stop traffic to get a governments attention on an issue, having a protest against bagjumpers/scammers/whatever will do absolutely nothing at all to stop them.

Perhaps you didn't quite think this one through...

Whether it accomplishes anything or not... if people have fun doing it and build a sense of community with like-minded players, then what is the harm?

Whether it accomplishes anything or not... if people have fun doing it and build a sense of community with like-minded players, then what is the harm?

1 DE and 3 HE.

If someone wants to have a social event, then post it in Events as a social event.

Calling it a demonstration/protest against outlaws just sounds ridiculous and makes a lot of people, who might like to attend a "social event", not willing to attend this

There is no harm, it's just childish and destined for failure.

If any of you want to do it, go for it, but don't delude yourselves into thinking you're doing anything to stop outlaws, you're just having a social event.

Go ahead :P There's nothing wrong (not against the official rules and the un-offcial rules) with having a social event with a liltle bit of refreshment on outlaws - Increasing our sense of caution and responsibility - at least for those who care, and at least in this game.

SHODOKAN, HAKULIU - you guys know happened last night :)

a guy, bagjumped Haku, logged off, then logged in back n returned the stuff - why? he said he just felt guilty for doing it. That was one.

Dont like it? Sounds ridiculous? Childish? Then dont attend it, perhaps its just not for you.

NO BODY knows if something is destined for failure. I'd say go ahead.

- EphemeraL

Edited by RaF

One big problem, furzwei, is that unlike a protest in RL where, say, people block off a street and stop traffic to get a governments attention on an issue, having a protest against bagjumpers/scammers/whatever will do absolutely nothing at all to stop them.

If this demonstration - if people block off a street and stop traffic - is it against the game rules .

17. Do Not Block Resources.

Resources include, but are not limited to, ships, doors, bridges, and archways. If you are asked to move, please let people pass.

So you ask people to break the rules, to make a demonstration against spammers, scammers, deathbag thiefs, cheaters and liars.

This event/proposal have to be thougth again and i won't partecipate in it (or something similiar) for a couple of reasons:

-bj/scamming and the like, it is not breaking the rules so no fault in it. Unhetical playing (in the only sense that it makes the game more difficult) is something i dont do but i feel necessary for a complete gaming experience. There is the outlaws forum to make the bjer/scammer life less easy if you want (with proofs obviously)

- game rules breakers are so many, you need a demonstration? if you find one, just tell to a mod (with proofs again) and it will be punished most likely.

- at furzwei: we are in the same guild, i would like to be aware *before* you post something under LLL name so i can express my opinion on it.

Good points of this idea are:

- Enhancing the sense of community

- maybe it can be proposed as an EL event for RL reasons (something like Second Life events...even if i dont like them, just an idea again)

and finally:

Besides, who cares about the community. I only need you all for gold coins :P

Get them all, then buy everything in game and do a show off around Draia, all alone...that is real fun. Or you can log in test server and be top 1 in all skills...community is what you need to make the game enjoyable, to have someone to beat or to mantain your hard-reached status. Or more simply...friends...if the game were about making gcs by constantly clicking on the mix button, well i would have quit after 5 minutes.

- at furzwei: we are in the same guild, i would like to be aware *before* you post something under LLL name so i can express my opinion on it.

I just want to point out that this is not an LLL event and wasn't advertised as such. Furzwei only mentioned the guild as a way to contact him.

I just want to point out that this is not an LLL event and wasn't advertised as such. Furzwei only mentioned the guild as a way to contact him.

oh, sorry :) . Too much EL addicted, cant read anymore :evilgrin:

If this demonstration - if people block off a street and stop traffic - is it against the game rules .

17. Do Not Block Resources.

Resources include, but are not limited to, ships, doors, bridges, and archways. If you are asked to move, please let people pass.

So you ask people to break the rules, to make a demonstration against spammers, scammers, deathbag thiefs, cheaters and liars.

No Zamirah, you misunderstood Korrode's post -

I'm positive that Korrode meant that trying to protest in the game is going to be ineffective because it can't be immitated like that of real life where protestors take drastic measures to address their concerns. Korrode never suggested that furzwei should actually block roads/resources...

Sorry I won't be a part of this, not my style of gameplay. I prefer to be cautious and accept the fact that, like in RL, the game will always have cheaters and scammers etc.