Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

PK server started!

For the Mac users:

it's not as easy as mac users are used to get things done.

Here's the temporary solution while the "select server menu" is not yet ready:

- open Terminal.app (Applications -> Utilities)

- in Terminal, cd to the folder where you installed EL

(for me that would be "cd /Spiele")

- cd into the EL application bundle: cd el_osx.app/Contents/MacOS

- start EL with "./el_osx pk"

#edit - another bug maybe - iirc IP and its insides were supposed to be safe. the secret basement in the tavern is PK

It is not part of IP insides. It is a secret place :P

#edit2 - another bug - you can beam in PK maps which arent pk on main, eg votd, but cant beam on pk maps which are also pk on main, eg KF

Why should you be able to beam from everywhere? More strategy you know.

I guess that what he meant was that you can beam from almost everywhere, which indeed is a problem.

No-beam area and no-pk-area -code could be mixed on server, so that one can only beam from non-pk area (to be treated as zones, not maps) and other way around. It could be extended to the main server as well.

The irsis map and insides is completely non pk, tested it with clicking on myself and by trying to attack my alt.

does the 'no summoning anything other than IPs natural inhabatants on IP' rule still stand on the PK server?

Edited by 1st Warrior

I guess that what he meant was that you can beam from almost everywhere, which indeed is a problem.
For me beaming as always been of strategic value (and nothing to do with getting away from PKers). Perhaps we could allow beaming on C1 but not C2? This would make C2 more dangerous than C1. This would also make getting back from C2 a bit harder (use a ring, or take the boat back).

(Just throwing ideas out, don't PK me over it)

Radu I'm quite interested in the changes to the negs and to when this wipe will occur, i'm ready for all of this to happen, due to a bunch of tards who do nothing but neg and make the server boring :D

tksx

For me beaming as always been of strategic value (and nothing to do with getting away from PKers). Perhaps we could allow beaming on C1 but not C2? This would make C2 more dangerous than C1. This would also make getting back from C2 a bit harder (use a ring, or take the boat back).

(Just throwing ideas out, don't PK me over it)

Another idea would be to allow beaming until a certain level like the tutorial heals.

does the 'no summoning anything other than IPs natural inhabatants on IP' rule still stand on the PK server?

No, but would be a waste of stuff.

unless im mistaken somehow glacmor is non-pk.

#edit - glacmor insides are also non-PK

- the ship from iscalrith to imbroglio islands doesnt work:

Welcome to Imbroglio Islands! <pale green text>

Umm... you can't teleport, there's no nearby open location <pink text>

(entrance to II through iotf igloo works tho. i hate yetis)

- thelinor is PK outside the city, but safe inside the city. the buildings inside the city are PK tho (not only the tavern, which is pk on main too)

#final edit (hopefully) - ive now checked every map (that i know) and its insides and its caves

Edited by extrapolation

I also noticed that Bethel is non-PK (no message when entering the map, and "can't attack here" message). I didn't check the insides or caves.

Payment made for myself and another player.

As a clarification, you will need to start "el.exe pk"

Changing the ports in el.ini does not work anymore.

You might want to make a pk.bat file in the el folder, which has: el.exe pk

Easier to use.

Its wierd ever since the last redownload update i havent been able to locate the el.ini in my el folder, whenever i logged on to test server i would have to go and do it ingame, well could someone tell me were the el.exe pk and how to logg on for the 1st time is im so confused...:/

right click on el icon - properties - target - change to:

"C:\Program Files\Eternal Lands newnew\el.exe" pk

assuming your on windows XP:

find el.exe, wherever it is, right click it and create a shortcut to it.

then right clck the short cut, and click properties, and you get this:

how2logonPKserver.jpg

then change that target box (marked with red ring) by typing a space and pk after what was already written there, like i did on the picture.

then click apply.

to log on to main, double click el.exe or your shortcut to it,

to log on to PK server double click the shortcut ive just shown how to make

I believe someone mentioned about not able to harvest when stopped harvesting under this topic. I experience the same too but i found that if that happens, i can just "use" on the harvest resource, and then i can again harvest without problem.

A few very minor PK server notes:

1. When I first log on, I have full cooldown on everything I'm carrying.

2. We probably don't need warnings before entering a PK map. :hug:

3. On that note, I think most of us could do without the "Warning! PK map" every time we change maps. After a while it just turns into spam.

4. I'm crashing a LOT, especially with map changes. I'm sure this is one of those things Radu identified from the last update, but wanted to throw it in there.

I have to say, I am having so much fun. Even when there are only 12 characters online (who knows how fewer actual people), I still find myself tentatively peeking around corners (as it were) and almost jumping out of my seat when someone does appear. There is no afk harvesting, and little, easy tasks on main now require thought and strategy. So fun!

The full cooldown on login is a bug, but hard to fix and not really that important..

2. Well, you need to be able to diferentiate between Pk and safe areas, so better with a warning.

4. Disable the sound.

btw radu whene will the server goes online for the real stats becourse i like to play :D and start lvling all skills :cry:

Same, please let us know 1 day ahead :confused: .