Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mango

Nexus Removal Stones

When nexus stones were introduced no one expected they had such a big unfluence on the game, as they do now.

Its a fact rich people use them to simply buy pickpoints. And therefore get insane strenghts. This is not good for pk. I think if this is possible on the PK-server, eventually there will be some mad person who buys all the found stones and uses them to get insane attributes.

We all saw what power some chars got on main server, and they can never be catchd up by new players, without the use of $.

Yeah yeah, $ keeps the game alive etc. Screw that :blink: . The thing most people want on pk server, is that players are more equal to eachother, so we can have fun/long PK fights, instead of taking 100+ damage hits.

Therefor I think nexus removal stones are not needed. Buying nexus with hydro ore.. fine with me, no harm in that. The rich people can safe some pickpoints on that, but new people eventually can get it too. And its not a big advantage on the PK server. (Since multitrading is legal)

Id love to not see nexus stones on pk server, they screwed IMHO! up the system, of pickpoints you have, on main server already. Lets make a limit to pp's on PK-server, instead of infinite p/c.

Please post your thought on this matter.

Off to bed. ;D

The nexus stones won't be an issue on the PK server, because they are very rare. On the main server maybe you get one a day ebcause there are hundreads of people harvesting. On the PK server, there will be maybe one a month, and you still need 50 hydro bars, which are very hard to get as it is, let alone on the PK server.

The nexus stones won't be an issue on the PK server, because they are very rare. On the main server maybe you get one a day ebcause there are hundreads of people harvesting. On the PK server, there will be maybe one a month, and you still need 50 hydro bars, which are very hard to get as it is, let alone on the PK server.

Why not remove them then, in the end, there will be stones found anyway. Wether it takes a couple a years or not. The stones will give some people extra pickpoints. And 50 hydro bars might end up easier, since you can harv with 4+ chars at the same time. And just harv the hydro ore on no drop days, which I think many do at the moment :blink:.

We thought exactly the same, when they came onto main server. We didnt expect they would be an issue, they turned out to be imo. We thought no one would pay 100+$ for a pickpoint. That sure isnt a barrier for some people.

Seeing your idea, about 1 stone every month. Lets say some rich player buys them all, he has 12 extra pickpoints, after only 1 year. Id love to prevent something like this happening, before 'trying' it out.

You have to keep in mind that the a/d will be caped to 100.

Without those stones, there is no way in hell you can take out monsters stronger than yeti at most.

You have to keep in mind that the a/d will be caped to 100.

Without those stones, there is no way in hell you can take out monsters stronger than yeti at most.

I think no one cares about fighting yeti, dragons a bit. Killing yeti thousands of times isnt what people are joining PK-server for. And with 1 cooldown, everyone can kill yeti/dragons in teams. Just go naked with mirror perk/cape with loads of HE/SR and you can do the trick with a 3/3 a/d char lol. People want to have fun PKing, in teams and in exciting fights. No people with 160+ coord or whatever. If people could slaughter yeti again as on main server, why the hell would a new player try out the pk server, if there are such strong players around. New players see that they need years of training to compete in pk with them.

Imo, it would be nice, if people with 70-80+ a/d could compete in fighting the strongest people in game. On main server, people with 70-80 a/d, almost have nothing to do on pk, cause some either high a/d or negged player kicks their but in couple of seconds.

Being slaughtered, although you have the max a/d of 100/100, cause your opponent has bought up all the nexus stones, is like a nightmare to me :blink: .

Imo, nexus stones arent good for anything really ;) .

@Ryosuke: I agree, I think or nexusbuying should be removed, or nexus stones. One of the 2 would do the trick

With the stones, there will be the someone willing to pay huge amounts of USD for extra pickpoints, and rule the world, like Luci did on main server.

We are all just lucky that he began playing WoW...

I'd rather have nobody able to kill yetis than this.

Edited by SL7yz0r

Well, it's not like someone can buy them if you guys don't sell them, yes?

Anyway, I'll see how many (if any) enter the game during the beta test with items wipe at the end, and decide then if I will remove them altogether, or change their chance, or let them as they are.

Well, it's not like someone can buy them if you guys don't sell them, yes?

Anyway, I'll see how many (if any) enter the game during the beta test with items wipe at the end, and decide then if I will remove them altogether, or change their chance, or let them as they are.

Ok ay thanks :) .

Just so you know, no removal (nexus or attribute) entered the game so far. The attribute stones are about 5 times more abundant than the nexus removal, so there is little worry.

yes and the attributes will be capped anyway. Who will pay 500 hydro bars and a stone on the pk server to get 1 more Will/Vitality (assuming they are at max p/c)

yes and the attributes will be capped anyway. Who will pay 500 hydro bars and a stone on the pk server to get 1 more Will/Vitality (assuming they are at max p/c)

Didn't we ask the same thing on main server ... almost all high levels will, if the gold coins are there.

If people wanna change profession let the stones in, but then remove nexus buying, or even better, maybe nexus stones would only work on nexus of pickpoints, not of bought ones.