Eternal Lands Official Forums
Ghrae

NEW CEL Site Launch

OK just to make this really clear.

This thread is about the CEL website.

My question very specifically relates to the fact that the old site used to have a detailed list of gossip commands that I am unable to find on the new site.

What I want to know is not how to pm gossip with help ingame, I already know that, what I want to know is:

Is the list of gossip commands still available on the new site or not?

So a simple yes or no, and if a yes then a link would be most helpful, thankyou.

They are not available on the cel site, or any other site, to my knowledge. Gossip will explain her commands to you by just pming her.

Scafativ

Edited by scafativ

I was asked to add a RSS feed to the Daily News which is a combination of game news, site updates and gossip information.

It's a test page right now: http://www.el-cel.com/info/news_rss.php

I've never been asked to do a RSS feed so would like some testing on it and suggestions on how to make it better. So far I hear that it may be a bit buggy on the google home page, so anyone who goes that route, please speak up.

So far I hear that it may be a bit buggy on the google home page, so anyone who goes that route, please speak up.

I put it on my google homepage and it seems to work fine so far as I can tell :)

Edited by Enly

They are not available on the cel site, or any other site, to my knowledge. Gossip will explain her commands to you by just pming her.

Scafativ

as discussed in 'bots' some of the commands are not listed on gossip-the bot yet they still exist;

so i personally think its a nice idea to make a page for gossip commands, with all of them in it, on the CEL website

- just my opinion :)

Scafativ

That's a shame, are you planning on making a list? It would be nice to have a list of commands available somewhere. Speaking as a mod, it would be nice to have something to show players when they ask about it, and a place to get answers from when they ask before I show them how to help themselves :)

Scafativ

That's a shame, are you planning on making a list? It would be nice to have a list of commands available somewhere. Speaking as a mod, it would be nice to have something to show players when they ask about it, and a place to get answers from when they ask before I show them how to help themselves :)

And what better way to engage players in the game than having them PM gossip herself, in-game? The list of commands that you're looking for is available somewhere, it turns out. If a player PMs gossip with "Hi" or "help", or "Giraffe" for that matter, she responds with a nice, comprehensive list. She also gives detailed information on each command if it is typed by itself. You should try that out. It has worked pretty well for the community so far.

Oh, and Melisande- all of Gossip's standard commands are in that help message now- I've heard that she may have a few secrets, but I guess they're secret, unless you figure them out.

scafativ

Edited by scafativ

Inspired by this thread: http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...mp;#entry314163 (Do not Necro the thread please), the CEL site has added a new set of details to land maps (land maps are places like White Stone or Idaloran, not the caves or castle inside maps):

TRANSPORTATION

- Will tell you if there is a teleport ring to the map

- Lists all maps that you can be reach by boat

- Lists all maps that you can be reach by path / walking.

Thanks go to...

... the thread above

... Shea who did most of the research on which maps link to which maps (in all fairness she gave me this info probably 6 months ago)

... Annatira who kept reminding me until I got off my butt and put it on the site

Quick example link: http://www.el-cel.com/info/maps_detail.php?Det=2 (White Stone)

Edited by Ghrae