Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Theryndan

Phantoms cause resync

The presence of phantom warriors in the screen causes many resync with server, like reported also in this thread: http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=39010

- it happens both on linux and windows, both with official client and cvs

- tried using a client compiled without NEW_SOUND, still got resync

- not sure if this could be related or not, but the phantoms are one of the only 2 creatures with the tag <ghost>yes</ghost> in their actor def (the other one is the Wraith) [btw, tried changing it to "no" and still got the resyncs]

- the only messages in the error.log are many lines like "Unable to add command 25 - 409"

I was just testing it out again this morning with the phantoms..this time I got NO resyncs, but the bug where you start fighting with one and it takes 10 seconds for the phantom to finally WALK to you and start fighting is still there(however that is also a bug with any creature, but i haven't seen it delayed as badly as this).

After testing fighting with the phantoms, i tried the same with the feros-this time I got resyncs. Not a lot though.

Just to add to the confusion, I have not had any problems with phantoms in PL cave or any other location. The problem _seems_ to be limited to RoT

Wolfy

I've gotten resyncs in Grunabi while fighting fluffs at either spawn. It seems (not 100% certain) I get more when they come into view from the camera side of my view than any other side.

Are there any CVS compile options we can use to debug this?

Edit: This problem occurs with the release tagged version of CVS under linux

Edited by larrystorch

The server seems to slow/speed up when I poison phants. They move extremely quickly, or only appear to take half-steps.

Had a few instances where I resync'd (most likely due to Phantoms, as I do not normally resync) and the Phantom was gone o=

Seems to happen more often when Phant/Player are standing still, it looks like they can teleport!

Edited by Aphistolas

The server seems to slow/speed up when I poison phants. They move extremely quickly, or only appear to take half-steps.

Had a few instances where I resync'd (most likely due to Phantoms, as I do not normally resync) and the Phantom was gone o=

That would be a problem on your PC, not the server.

Really? That's odd, I don't normally get any resyncs when fighting creatures (unless it's a massive invasion). Oh well, good luck with the 10 second problem then, I've had that a few times too.

Is there any way to check if any of the Phantom's actor animation sequences run for longer than the time the server allows for?

I never had this problem before, but i tried the new LD spell and found out either the NC-southcave phantoms and the PL phantom caused the same problem.

I thought at first that it was sound realted cause the seem to hiss all the time, or at least i hear them to when i come near.

checked it on both windows and linux w/ or w/o sound and both had same problem.

Strange thing is, as long as there is no phantom near there is np. at all with lag. fps don't drop either and pings increase a little but no more then ~ 10ms

A quick observation: While training fluffs in grunabi, I get the chance to see and kill lots of phantoms as they wander past.

At times it appears that their animation and position is lagging. I can click on one to fight it and pick up it's db dead before it even showed the fight animation.

At other times, I click on one to fight it and nothing happens for a second or two then I get a resync as the phantom reappears at a different spot than it was.

I'd like to add that Spleenfeeder and myself went to RoT as well, we would get the resyncs at the same time, and would see the speedup effect at the same time on the same phantoms.

Also we would both at the same time occasionally see the effect of the phantom being in a different spot than it actually was, noticeable during fighting.

Edit: I'm on windows xp with a Nvidea GeForce Go 7950 GTX/PCI/SSE2, OpenGL Version: 2.0.1

Well, I am using a linux cvs build so...is that equivalent to running the patched version?

It still happens.

S.

PS I will build another client and try again. Update: Tried a CVS build from 2/1/08 and still get the resyncs/speedups at the same time as Aislinn.

Edited by Spleenfeeder