Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PowerWarrior

Stronger Economy?.

Now that we have a new server i think the servers economy should stay top notch from the very beginning. To do this we need to balance supply and demand. Key things that id like to see in the pk server are:

Remove NPC Merchants That Sell/Buy Player Makable Stuff (Free Trade/Player Set Prices)

Increase Break Rates (Increase Demand)

Remove C2 (Decrease Supply/Increase Demand)

Make Trade Bots Cost More USD (Decrease Supply)

Make NPCs Pay Slightly Less For Harvestables (Lower Inflation)

The aim of these things is to keep prices high but NOT by inflating the amount of gc in the game but by increasing demand and decreasing supply.

Many pkers will say that if the prices are high then they cannot buy as much equitment but was it not more fun in the days when you used to fight with steel chains and mirror capes in kf. We want it to be extremely hard to get the really good stuff. If you want to keep the pk server going we should just fight like the old days because if people start buying all the expensive stuff then i think many people will just not go out the cities because they are scared.

Many manufacturers may say why should things be made harder for them. The reason for this is because it means less things are produced. You dont lose out though and your likely to gain from this because you will get much higher prices for your items and there is likely to be more buyers. You will set the prices not the npcs and there will be less bots hopfuly.

Im interested in other peoples opinions and views. Maybe you have a idea on how to improve the economy.

Let me no if you like my idea or if you totaly hate it.

Edited by PowerWarrior

Now that we have a new server i think the servers economy should stay top notch from the very beginning. To do this we need to balance supply and demand. Key things that id like to see in the pk server are:

Remove NPC Merchants That Sell/Buy Player Makable Stuff (Free Trade/Player Set Prices)

Increase Break Rates (Increase Demand)

Remove C2 (Decrease Supply/Increase Demand)

Make Trade Bots Cost More USD (Decrease Supply)

Make NPCs Pay Slightly Less For Harvestables (Lower Inflation)

The aim of these things is to keep prices high but NOT by inflating the amount of gc in the game but by increasing demand and decreasing supply.

Many pkers will say that if the prices are high then they cannot buy as much equitment but was it not more fun in the days when you used to fight with steel chains and mirror capes in kf. We want it to be extremely hard to get the really good stuff. If you want to keep the pk server going we should just fight like the old days because if people start buying all the expensive stuff then i think many people will just not go out the cities because they are scared.

Many manufacturers may say why should things be made harder for them. The reason for this is because it means less things are produced. You dont lose out though and your likely to gain from this because you will get much higher prices for your items and there is likely to be more buyers. You will set the prices not the npcs and there will be less bots hopfuly.

Im interested in other peoples opinions and views. Maybe you have a idea on how to improve the economy.

Let me no if you like my idea or if you totaly hate it.

I like all of these ideas other than increasing USD cost of bots. I dont think this is necessary. And hopefully there will be a C2 once we get enough players on C1.

I want the USD price for bots to go up because when i saw the pk server idea poll a while back i logged on main server and there were so many bots. At first i was thinking that bots should be removed but increasing prices is better since that way ent still makes the same amount of money because he makes more per bot sale but the amount of bots decreases.

Edited by PowerWarrior

good thinking i might just have to try this server out, tho ill doubt ill get far w/e ppl PKing me lol

"Remove NPC Merchants That Sell/Buy Player Makable Stuff (Free Trade/Player Set Prices)"

Increase amount of players getting pissed off at not finding anybody to sell stuff and quitting game.

"Increase Break Rates (Increase Demand)"

Increase amount of players frustrating and quitting game.

"Remove C2 (Decrease Supply/Increase Demand)"

Increase amount of pleyers getting PKed all the time and quitting the game.

"Make Trade Bots Cost More USD (Decrease Supply)"

Like it would matter.

"Make NPCs Pay Slightly Less For Harvestables (Lower Inflation)"

The only thing I'd accept with.

Not everybody is a quitter. Just because the game is a little harder does not mean people instantly think "lets quit".

"Remove NPC Merchants That Sell/Buy Player Makable Stuff (Free Trade/Player Set Prices)"

Increase amount of players getting pissed off at not finding anybody to sell stuff and quitting game.

Incorrect. Demand Will Be Huge. Easy To Find Buyer If NPCs Reduce What They Sell And Buy

The change would not be too big and i dont think people really care if a bit of armor breaks. Also if somebodies attitude is "i quit if there is slight change ingame" then they can go play main server or w/e. we dont need em because when they get pked and lose some stuff they would probaly quit anyways. Its exactly the same situation but in pk your likely to lose a lot more.

Increasing the amount of pks is what we want..... And they wont quit the game because they come to the pk server for exactly that!. More pk!.

Like it would matter.

Yes it would.

Edited by PowerWarrior

Not everybody is a quitter. Just because the game is a little harder does not mean people instantly think "lets quit".

Incorrect. Demand Will Be Huge. Easy To Find Buyer If NPCs Reduce What They Sell And Buy

The change would not be too big and i dont think people really care if a bit of armor breaks. Also if somebodies attitude is "i quit if there is slight change ingame" then they can go play main server or w/e. we dont need em because when they get pked and lose some stuff they would probaly quit anyways. Its exactly the same situation but in pk your likely to lose a lot more.

Increasing the amount of pks is what we want..... And they wont quit the game because they come to the pk server for exactly that!. More pk!.

Like it would matter.

Yes it would.

Owned

Economy will be much more diverse I think.

Only item thats buyable from shop is Rosto. So that one will be steady, which is fine for a pk server.

But all enriched ess and stones, HAVE to be found/made. Its not very easy to buy EFE on main server, and I think it will be much harder on pk server, which is good :whistle: .

If they can't hide, they can't level, so they have no chance to win. Eventually there will be only high levels PKing each other.

The whole point of having a pk server is to be more tactical. If your being attacked then train with a friend so that you can team up if someone trys to kill you. And its not like theres only 1 spawn of every monster in the game. There are plenty on c1. The max amount of people who are going to be online at once is 100. Like i said: you dont give up but you look for solutions to solve the problem. Also pvping is always a option.

If we have c2 then all people will do is train. It will become the train server. C2 is huge and i doubt anybody wants search c2 constantly just for a single fight.

i still think we shpould have a c2 or at least a mix of c2 and c1 maps.

the reason for this is before c2 was around max online players was usualy around 200-350 most days and it was near imposible to find a spwn to even train.

for a pk server the aim is to get strong and pk as it is within most pvp games.

also try and think what it's going to be like at silver ore when we all need HE. 1 strong player will come in and just raid every1 making it so he/she will have alot of resources/money

and this has already caused a few problems on main server in the past with alot of ppl whining about it aswell.

even tho i would find trying to stock up what i need in more risky maps alot mre fun there is alot of ppl that will get over frustrated with this especialy as diss rings wont be round for along time and those that are will be held back like stones atm.