Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SL7yz0r

A GREAT suggestion

I suggest that it should be stated in forum rules that it is illegal to post in an old thread

without excessive new content.

It might also clarify how old the thread should be in order to be considered old, and also

how much new content is required for legality.

This rule may be unknown to many EL players.

In fact, Learner just informed me of it today. Thank you for pointing this rule out to me by the way.

Had i not learned of this rule, I may have broken it even more times.

Or-

Maybe a minimum word count could be implemented in old threads.

Effective after a thread reaches a certain date, this would stop all posts in old threads

without excessive new content.

6. Use Proper Titles

Use a relevant, specific and descriptive subject for any thread you create. “Good idea” and “Look at this” are not examples of good titles. Moderators retain the right to edit the titles to more accurately describe the content within.

:D

BTW, the rule on bumping is in the "no spamming" section which doesn't really apply to resurrecting old threads.

Edited by bkc56

6. Use Proper Titles

Use a relevant, specific and descriptive subject for any thread you create. “Good idea” and “Look at this” are not examples of good titles. Moderators retain the right to edit the titles to more accurately describe the content within.

Thank you. Any moderator please feel free to edit my title.

Edited by SL7yz0r

27. Moderation is never a topic for public discussion.

Issues and questions regarding forum policies and procedures should be addressed to the game administrators(namely Roja or Entropy) or the specific moderator via private message or email. Issues and problems concerning other forum or game moderators should also be addressed privately with Entropy or Roja. All private messages will remain classified unless otherwise agreed upon. Public threads on these issues will be removed.

All rules here may be subject to change or addition at any given time.

The moderators of Eternal Lands have the authority to use their discretion and common sense on a case by case basis on moderating these forums and punishments for violating any of these rules.

Repeatedly violating any area of the Eternal Lands Terms of Use or Forum Code of Conduct, including the areas detailed above, will often result in permanent banishment from the forums and game.

27. Moderation is never a topic for public discussion.

Issues and questions regarding forum policies and procedures should be addressed to the game administrators(namely Roja or Entropy) or the specific moderator via private message or email. Issues and problems concerning other forum or game moderators should also be addressed privately with Entropy or Roja. All private messages will remain classified unless otherwise agreed upon. Public threads on these issues will be removed.

All rules here may be subject to change or addition at any given time.

The moderators of Eternal Lands have the authority to use their discretion and common sense on a case by case basis on moderating these forums and punishments for violating any of these rules.

Repeatedly violating any area of the Eternal Lands Terms of Use or Forum Code of Conduct, including the areas detailed above, will often result in permanent banishment from the forums and game.

Whats this got to do with anything? I only give a sensible suggestion that if this rule is not stated in forum rules, a new feature with a minimum word count in old threads be implemented. If it is even possible.

Edited by SL7yz0r

SL7yz0r, as you can clearly see the suggestions forum has a lot of good suggestions, but also bad ones, pointless ones, repeat ones, etc...The moderators can delete posts that fall into those categories.

There's nothing else to say about it.

Ohhhh. Thank you so much Roja. I was confused because learner told me that there wasn't enough new content to bring back an old thread. Not that the thread itself was pointless. That put me under the impression that old threads must have excessive new content to be posted in. Thank you for clarifying this.

Right, basically the whole thread should have been deleted-not just your post-because it was a dead issue. Never going to happen. Your post wasn't bad or wrong really, it's just htat we'd rather "clean up" the forums instead of letting them get even more cluttered and messy, especially with dead issues.

Right, basically the whole thread should have been deleted-not just your post-because it was a dead issue.
Wouldn't it be better to lock old threads? That maintains the history (for searching) but prevents new posts. I do that on guild forums all the time.

Hmmm...I wonder if there have been any suggestions with cutting of a players head in pk and being able to carry it under my arm...

Yes locking is what usually is done. :D

which just leads to...

Newbie searches for topic

Newbie finds topic

Newbie finds out topic is locked but has the ubber urge to say something to this because he has a ubber

suggestion why this totally no-go suggestion actually should be ingame

Newbie makes a new topic about the issue, linking to the locked topic

Newbies topic get deleted/locked/flamed at

Newbie is a sad panda baby and complains :hehe:

Rofl.. i know.. nothing to change about that :P just ends in endless work :mace:

Hmmm...I wonder if there have been any suggestions with cutting of a players head in pk and being able to carry it under my arm...

You mean you want to carry just any head under your arm or a certain one?

;p

Edited by Kheres

You mean you want to carry just any head under your arm or a certain one?

;p

FYI, that was what the original thread's subject was about :)

Especially if combined with special blood effects... would be nice to be honest, I like it :hug::D:ph34r:

which just leads to...

Newbie searches for topic

Newbie finds topic

Newbie finds out topic is locked but has the ubber urge to say something to this because he has a ubber

suggestion why this totally no-go suggestion actually should be ingame

Newbie makes a new topic about the issue, linking to the locked topic

Newbies topic get deleted/locked/flamed at

Newbie is a sad panda baby and complains :D

Rofl.. i know.. nothing to change about that :D just ends in endless work :D

I ubber lol'd :)

Yes dead topics are a pain, simply lock, wait for the newbie to recreate the topic and flame his ass so bad he never has the guts to bring up a dead topic again. Oh and delete that ressurected topic just after everyone has had a chance to endulge in the flaming :)