Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
draavell

Astrology GUI

Some of the astrology windows are confusing and some seem obvious, can someone help with explaining them. Before the GUI was added there was a description of how the numbers worked, now its just a positive or negative, can we get that description back. I have'nt been able to find a definitive guide on forums.

astrology.jpg

Theses are only a few of the astrology stones in game that I had on me

The one that really got me is the degrade, not sure if its a good or bad number even though its negative.

Edited by draavell

Look at the colors: as usual, green is 'good', red/orange is 'danger/bad'. So, your degrade in the examples is orange -> bad. Make rare is a bit green -> slightly positive. I'm not sure about harvest, cause positive/negative depends on what you want ;)

Look at the colors: as usual, green is 'good', red/orange is 'danger/bad'. So, your degrade in the examples is orange -> bad. Make rare is a bit green -> slightly positive. I'm not sure about harvest, cause positive/negative depends on what you want ;)

This is a very helpful post/reply, ty both.

No it didn't. Result of using an indicator before:

[01:01:24] Harvest Events Increase: -9 (the higher, the more events)

Degrade: 240 (the higher, the less chance to break)

I understand it like this :

An item has normal breakrate at let's say 1/1000

If the indicator say -330 is the breakrate 1/1000-330 = 1/670

So higher chance to break.

I might be wrong.

I understand it like this :

An item has normal breakrate at let's say 1/1000

If the indicator say -330 is the breakrate 1/1000-330 = 1/670

So higher chance to break.

I might be wrong.

I think you need to base calculations of event in 10k instead of 1k, e.g. if your breakrate was 1 in 1k, it's 10 in 10k (as 1/1000=10/10000) so the modified rate in the above example is 10 in 9670 or 1 in 976 which is a bit better than 1 in 670 (since we're taking about a break rate).

Look at the colors: as usual, green is 'good', red/orange is 'danger/bad'. So, your degrade in the examples is orange -> bad. Make rare is a bit green -> slightly positive. I'm not sure about harvest, cause positive/negative depends on what you want :)

but before failure, when it was in minus, was actually a positive thing. So now when it's in minus is negative?

but before failure, when it was in minus, was actually a positive thing. So now when it's in minus is negative?

No, not everything is green when plus ;). Failure (just like Make Rare, see the pic above) is 'green -> positive/good' at a negative number. Hm, confusion might be caused by different uses of positive/negative I realize.

molime showed log earlier:

[01:01:24] Harvest Events Increase: -9 (the higher, the more events)

Higher, more events. So -63 is less events.