Eternal Lands Official Forums
Acelon

The Gods ate their name!

As you know, the gods are rather large when they come to our realm. Well, after the last update, I guess something changed with how the position of the name and health bar was defined, and it no longer works with large characters.

mortosglitch.jpg

If someone could submit a patch for this, that would be great. Learner said he thinks it's part of the perspective label patch.

The banners for the ants are also way to high over there heads. In general, the dynaic scaling adjust was removed during some of the banner changes that went in.

The banners for the ants are also way to high over there heads. In general, the dynaic scaling adjust was removed during some of the banner changes that went in.

Well I've fixed the banner height problem (now in CVS). Turned out to be a simple change. Ants and big characters banners are back over their heads. Thanks to Aislinn for helping me test the fix. The issues with perspective still remain and really need debating.

edit: added image.

Edited by bluap

[necro]

The name banner height for giants seems a bit higher than it should be, for me at least. Not a huge issue, but it's definitely confusing in invasions and the like, trying to zoom in enough to see yourself, and out far enough to see the material points left on the monsters.

[/necro]

[necro]

The name banner height for giants seems a bit higher than it should be, for me at least. Not a huge issue, but it's definitely confusing in invasions and the like, trying to zoom in enough to see yourself, and out far enough to see the material points left on the monsters.

[/necro]

I reported this during the testing phase, I even did a couple of screen shots, old v new. It was in one of those long bug treads so I guess it got missed and I forgot. I think it was due to a change in the giant's data files.

gallery_14814_12_16966.jpggallery_14814_12_24521.jpg

Edited by bluap

Any clue whether this can be fixed with a client change (like in one of the xml's), or if it's server-side? Would be nice to see this issue fixed (though I understand it is by no means a high priority for the dev team).

Any clue whether this can be fixed with a client change (like in one of the xml's), or if it's server-side? Would be nice to see this issue fixed (though I understand it is by no means a high priority for the dev team).

I would suggest that it is a scaling problem which should be fixed in the function of the client that handles drawing the actor's banners.

The problem, as I understand it, is there are several factors affecting the position of the banner. The actor's height and scale, the client zoom, and possibly your actor's height and scale. Basically, the banner is drawn in 2D space, rather than the 3D of the world, but positioned (and scaled) into the 3D world.

When I tried a year or so back, I was trying to use a standard "scale" value that would accurately position the 2D banner into the 3D location based on the above mentioned variables, which I did simply by trial and error. Naturally, it wasn't perfect, and so the respective code has been changed at least once since then with others trying to make it more accurate.

I think what is needed is an algorithm, rather than just simply finding a "scale" value, but it basically takes some designing, probably from someone who understands the relationship between 2D and 3D spaces.

I think what is needed is an algorithm, rather than just simply finding a "scale" value, but it basically takes some designing, probably from someone who understands the relationship between 2D and 3D spaces.

Do any such people exist? Would be nice to have the name & health of giants clearly visible and identifiable while fighting more than one at a time in invasions.