Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Update issues

Is the update working for you?  

340 members have voted

1. 1. Is the update working for you?

• Yes, everything works fine (including the sound)
    • Everything works fine, but without the sound
    • Some problems (infrequent crashes, etc.)
    • Big problems (crashes often, not very playable)
    • Can't play at all (crashes at the beginning)
  2. 2. Did you have troubles with installing the update?

• No problems at all.
    • Some problems, easy fix.
    • Major problems, took a day or two to fix.
    • Still can't play.

(i apologize my poor English )

I played the 1.4.0 version Win Client, with no problem, over a win 98 old machine.

Now i can't start the 1.5.0 client. because the shell32.dll:SHGetFolderPathA call error.

I think the solution is not a big trouble for the game developers (a win 9x patch)

Since i had not rights for post here, my guild master put my post in this link

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=38829

TIA

Please see the reponses there and post there.

I installed as per the instructions, including sound, and despite all the scary posts of the last few months about Laptops with integrated Intel graphics not being supported...

I have PERFECT gameplay!!! (well, as near as you can get on a laptop)

Only problem I had was with the counters and spellbars... I followed the instruction to put them in a /data directory, when they should have been in "my documents" (a MS constraint I have successfully avoided being chained to since 1993 when MS introduced it in W95beta... until now!).

Anyway... full steam ahead, and I install the linux version under Ubuntu Gutsy in the weekend.

Thanks Ent and other developers/testers.

Stewbaby

I have not voted yet:

reason is that i haven't been able to check enough things out. Like places where others crash etc.

till now :

laptop, 1GB ram, ati mobil 9700, unknown sound card Windows xp,

--easy install , had to search a bit for the sound but that has nothing to do with the installation

-- works smooth with sound and all maps i visited so far.

pc. 2Gb ram, nvidia 5700gti, creative sound card, SuSE Linux 10.1

-- easy install, had to search a bit to get my stats and .dat files at the right place

--works smooth for the very few maps i visited,

sounds make the client crash. For what it looks now it could be something with alsa but i haven't had the time to check that.

Voted "Yes, everything works fine (including the sound)" and "Some problems, easy fix."

Only thing i don't like is that the load time is much longer now...

So far i have had one crash since downloading the no-clusters file. This was just while walking. I have not tried running the game without sound to see if that is the issue.

Voted 1 and 1 above, with the only caveat being I am running a cvs version of the binary, not the static one provided. That crashes out on me when I enable sound, but I would more attribute that to my system than the file.

S.

I'm running on my HP Pavilion laptop under Vista. I'm having occasional map change crashes. Sound seems to work fine. The only other problems relate to the broken video drivers (Nvidia) - problems I was having before the update as well. I would have upgraded to XP but my copy of XP won't recognize the hard drives (I guess they're RAID).

I cannot install EL on my linux box yet - my distro (Slackware 9.0) is too old to have the libstdc++.so.6 libraries required by the supplied binary and I can't compile the CVS without some major work.

Hi all,

I voted both "Yes, everything works fine" and "No problems at all" because I only had two minor glitches:

• installation: had to move by hand the relevant files (chatlog, map notes) to the .elc/main folder
  • playing the game: one isolated crash (map change)

Other than that, everything is working perfectly in my current setup (Centrino Duo, nVidia 7600 graphic card, Ubuntu Linux operating system). Thanks again to all the developers!

Rehdon

Both sounds and the client work smootly. Installation guidance has been clear on what to do/not to do. No problems there, either.

I had some problems with copying every data file from the old client to the new directories (just returned from work and I just wanted to play, not to copy files and search in forum for things to solve problems).

Regards,

DrMabuse ^aka^ Imperfect

Edited by DrMabuse

It is running smoothly after some tweaking (mousebug) including the sounds. Thanks a lot for this update.

i voted some problems. love the new sounds, it worked perfectly for 2 days but ive had 3 or 4 random crashes since :hehe: it doesnt bother me that much tho, it only takes a sec to get back online.

BaldyBob

I voted part 1 option B, cause I prever the silence so I didnt dowload the sounds (they may work perfectly though) and part 2 didnt have any problems dowloading and installing.

ok i voted

Work fine w/o sound

np with the download.

But, after a guildie compiled me a new client with static libs i do have sound now and w/o problems

Thanks for that, :hug:

now i can enjoy the cool sounds too :hug:

I've had 1 crash since the update, and our framerate is extremely slow now. we'll probably need new drivers for our videocard. rotationz is looking into that, since he's the nerdy one of us.

so nothing disasterous. everything else works fine. and I love the sound !! :hug:

I've had just 1 random crash in maybe 4 hours playing since update. I think I was taking something out of sto at the time. So generally seems ok, although prob only had 1 crash in 2+ years playing before this.

In terms of install pretty much flawless except I did loose my counters (I thought I did everything right, kept chat logs, elm's, and counters into new place but some reason it overwrote it) probably user error :hug:

Problems concerning the crashes, i don't know if i can call it frequent or not,

because i crash only in specific maps :hug: so if i need to go a lot to thoses maps,

i will have frequent crashes, if i don't go to thoses maps, no crashes :hug:

concerning the maps in which i crash, i think its 1/2 times i enter i crash

sometimes i get stuck in the map, keep crashing each time i relog... :[

ps, i am using a mac, don't know if it helps you a bit.

Everything fine - and wonderful instructions - everything got copied over and it works perfectly.

I'll miss #sto and the ability to copy to sales adds...

One plant seems to dsiplay as a huge white lump - yet to track down which one it is - and investigate... (on ws by salt/docks)

Almost perfect. Some graphic problems. Seems to work as long as I don't change resolution or jump from windowed to fullscreen.

No option for that so had to mention.

No crashes.

<3 T

Now that I took a look at mango's pic's a Black CoL would be hot :cry:

Now that I took a look at mango's pic's a Black CoL would be hot :P

Yea black CoL/Cuttys look kinda good :) .

But this doesn't imho.

elscreen007nr7.th.png

elscreen008if5.th.png

Now that I took a look at mango's pic's a Black CoL would be hot :D

Yea black CoL/Cuttys look kinda good :P .

But this doesn't imho.

elscreen007nr7.th.png

elscreen008if5.th.png

its nice! snow in votd and snow castle in Nc :(

for me, when i launch EL, it crashes, so i can't play