Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Update issues

Is the update working for you?  

340 members have voted

1. 1. Is the update working for you?

• Yes, everything works fine (including the sound)
    • Everything works fine, but without the sound
    • Some problems (infrequent crashes, etc.)
    • Big problems (crashes often, not very playable)
    • Can't play at all (crashes at the beginning)
  2. 2. Did you have troubles with installing the update?

• No problems at all.
    • Some problems, easy fix.
    • Major problems, took a day or two to fix.
    • Still can't play.

Guest KevinBarbie

I voted for some problems because of the azerty keyboard problem, but have no other problem

First time on Windows I had a problem with the data_dir setting in el.ini, was easy to fix in the client, after that it seems everything works fine (i also had to turn on 'mouse bug' option). My Mac client build still don't work (discussing with 0ctane about that).

little clarification on my vote - I voted without sound because I haven't tested it, it may work

same vote reason for working fine without the sound, because im just not using it and there wasnt another option in the vote.

I voted for some problems easy fix, because my partner had a little trouble playing, but after we chose the ''create new charachter '' and adjusted the options from there ( poor man and all fancy things off ) , it works fine

I voted for the third choice (some problems) as I seem to have a new lag... typing, moving, changing maps. Other than that, no issues. I used the sound for a few hours and had no issues there either (I turned it off as I watch tv or read books while I play).

I did not install sound. I enjoy the quiet :P

Crashed 3 times for no apparent reason. Couldn't reproduce the crashes. Havent happened in two days

Jumpy

i crashed 2 or 3 times since the update. Before that i crashed maybe once a month.

I also seem to have problems with Phantom Warriors. The animation of them is very very slow. For other monsters (that i have tried) it works fine. Maybe it has to do with the transparency. Putting on the new option doesnt help. I get a lot of resynch messages when they are around and when it looks like i am standing right next to them it says i am too far away to attack. In one case i was killing it while it appeared a few tiles away from me, when it died it came running to where i was fighting thin air and it layed down on the ground.

I don't kow if this is relevant or not, but I just wondered if anyone else has not been getting double xp in the new magic school.

As far as I know you're not supposed to. Magic schools give you normal exp, but also gives you the opportunity of casting harmful spells.

First time on Windows I had a problem with the data_dir setting in el.ini, was easy to fix in the client, after that it seems everything works fine (i also had to turn on 'mouse bug' option). My Mac client build still don't work (discussing with 0ctane about that).

Same problem here in Windows (data_dir). Tried to correct it, but didn't work, though after a reinstall, everything was fine. Aside from that it worked perfectly on Windows and Ubuntu Linux.

And oh yeah...I experienced some unusual heavy lagging at a time in Linux for no apparent reason. Lasted for about an hour or so. Not sure if it's related.

//Zil

Edited by Zilvador

Still have crashes with the el_noclusters

Keys @ and # no longer possible with AltGr (have to use Ctrl Alt, is left side from laptop and against my hand, AltGr still works in all the other programs on my computer

Alt + m is not working for me: it tyoes the 'm' and does nothing to show me the minimap

Hi, I am presuming that some details would be appropriate here, so don't be disheartened by the fact I am giving the only negative...

I voted Part 1 Optoin A and Part 2 Option B

Part 2 Option B: The only problem I had was that the game defaults to a window size that is too large for me, and that size also offsets the mouse click making some tricksy clicksy to get past the language options screen, log-in and locate and change to a smaller screen option. Changing the EL.ini didn't affect the size. I did get one crash shortly after I had managed this so had to do it again (added after seeing lteh_pipr had noted his crash) but since have had no crashes. Once I had achieved this I could set the most appropriate size option, 800 x whatever, which now has the normal behaviour of resizing to 780 x whatever when loading. Asides from this the install went perfectly, thanks very much for it.

Part 1 Option A: Everything works perfectly thankyou! I am loving the sounds engine which has totally emersed me into the EL world. Yes I was emersed before, but now I can sit with headphones on and be surrounded, or type a forum reply and still hear my environment and surroundings :D All the other things have been working too, minimap, spellbar operation etc. All very useful and nowhere near as appreciated as they should be. I'll let you know on the first use of the tailoring skill :P

Edited by kailomonkey

No problems with sound, no crashes after I had placed sound map in the right way. Before that when I tried enabling sound, it crashed.

Only think I have is weird textures. I entered/left a building numerous times, and a lot of times, a item/part of body turned all black.

Fr cape, Head, CoL, Arms

elscreen002os5.th.png

elscreen003ab6.th.png

elscreen004ol3.th.png

elscreen005cs8.th.png

P.S. More weird textures I had, was trees were big white marshmellows, not all, some. And the fountain at the manor in SKF, was messed up at certain views. Was like the water relfected the very walls up.

Edited by Manderijn

Still have crashes with the el_noclusters

Keys @ and # no longer possible with AltGr (have to use Ctrl Alt, is left side from laptop and against my hand, AltGr still works in all the other programs on my computer

Alt + m is not working for me: it tyoes the 'm' and does nothing to show me the minimap

You ARE running the new exe, not just put it there, right? That means, not starting the game from the el icon on the desktop.

Hi, I am presuming that some details would be appropriate here, so don't be disheartened by the fact I am giving the only negative...

I voted Part 1 Optoin A and Part 2 Option B

Part 2 Option B: The only problem I had was that the game defaults to a window size that is too large for me, and that size also offsets the mouse click making some tricksy clicksy to get past the language options screen, log-in and locate and change to a smaller screen option. Changing the EL.ini didn't affect the size. I did get one crash shortly after I had managed this so had to do it again (added after seeing learner had noted his crash) but since have had no crashes. Once I had achieved this I could set the most appropriate size option, 800 x whatever, which now has the normal behaviour of resizing to 780 x whatever when loading. Asides from this the install went perfectly, thanks very much for it.

Part 1 Option A: Everything works perfectly thankyou! I am loving the sounds engine which has totally emersed me into the EL world. Yes I was emersed before, but now I can sit with headphones on and be surrounded, or type a forum reply and still hear my environment and surroundings :D All the other things have been working too, minimap, spellbar operation etc. All very useful and nowhere near as appreciated as they should be. I'll let you know on the first use of the tailoring skill ;)

Same for me. :) Love the new remote storage window and so many other things.

I have the problem with @ too, it type " where it used to type @.

Thought it was because I have a US keyboard, Logitech G15 and a Danish WindowsXP, but maybe not if other have same problem.

I can live with it, because I have some programmable keys I can use for this signs.

Some problems, easy fix

I installed to a non-standard folder (c:\el150) and had to amend el.ini to reflect this. Nothing to it. Sound is ok. No crashes.

(i apologize my poor English )

I played the 1.4.0 version Win Client, with no problem, over a win 98 old machine.

Now i can't start the 1.5.0 client. because the shell32.dll:SHGetFolderPathA call error.

I think the solution is not a big trouble for the game developers (a win 9x patch)

Since i had not rights for post here, my guild master put my post in this link

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=38829

TIA