Eternal Lands Official Forums
Cycloonx

Azerty configuration

Since the update azerty keyboard users can't use the @ and # anymore. In the last version it still worked so someone broke it in the new update. Normally we use 'Alt Gr' + The upper numberkeys to make @ or #. Since those charachters are used a lot it's sad to see this :(

you have to use ctrl + alt now instead of alt Gr

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...c=38764&hl=

Anyway i understand ctrl + alt is a temporal workaround for the bug.

But in my humble opinion the bug must be solved someday, since all other programs (other than EL) in windows use alt Gr to type those characters.

Yes true, and ctrl + alt isn't an easy combination to use like 100 times a day. I copy/paste the @ and # till it's fixed I guess.

True it still has to be fixed, there are still some other characters I cant use as well.

Also the minimap still opens with <alt+?>

But for the time being I'm glad molime found a solution, instead of being stuck in local chat or pm and I can use #beam me and #sto and other stuff again.

Hello,

I have an AZERTY Keyboard and I work with Windows VISTA (which hasn't given me problems yet)

This is my first time on the forum and yes, it is to report the same problem. :)

To type @ and # I have to use the "Alt Gr" Key on my laptop B)

Now with the new update of the game this Key doesn't work anymore - ONLY IN EL - it still works fine in all the other programs on my laptop :)

After trying a lot of keys, I found that @ and # work with the combination of "Ctrl" "Alt" Keys, but those are at the left side of my keyboard and I am right handed :( so that goes against my hand :D

It would be nice if we could have the use of our "AltGr" key back :P

Thank you :)

You might have to change the keyboard language, see if that helps.

Why would we change it? I don't want to change to a qwerty layout just to play EL. It worked fine in the previous version so I see no reason to change it.

You might have to change the keyboard language, see if that helps.

Why would we change it? I don't want to change to a qwerty layout just to play EL. It worked fine in the previous version so I see no reason to change it.

I agree, changing the keyboard would mean it stuffs up in our other programson our computer, and I know what I am talking about, happened to me way back and couldn't find all sorts of keys.

Us keyboards are really diff from european azerty keyboards!

Well, I don't know about you, but I always used an US keyboard, even while living in Europe. I guess I never had the need for a keyboard in my language.

Good attitude for a software developer or someone who wants to leave his country anyway. To the other 99% of the world population, this is just not helpful. There are reasons why there are different keyboards and layouts, and "I can use a US keyboard why can't you too" won't wipe them away.

Well, I don't know about you, but I always used an US keyboard, even while living in Europe. I guess I never had the need for a keyboard in my language.

Keyboard configurations aren't bound to continents or whatever. If you want to use a qwerty keyboard in Belgium it will work because most OS provide a way to set up your keyboard configuration. But most people in Belgium and other countries use azerty, and we can't change the buttons since a lot of keys are on other places. But it worked before in EL, so why was it changed?

And ² to majestyk.

to give you even more information... :hug:

In Belgium most computers are STANDARD delivered with an AZERTY Keyboard

You have to make a special request if you want a QWERTY Keyboard :hug:

:hug: and changing the language solves nothing, because the keys are in different places :omg:

Anyway, we are working at this bug, but so far no developer has an AZERTY keyboard.

Someone had a sweedish? keyboard, and reported that everything works fine, so no idea what exactly is wrong.

Some dev can change his keyboard language to azerty configuration? As far as I can say everyone with an azerty keyboard can't type @ and # normally. They all have to use alt+ctrl+@/# instead of AltGr+@/#.

Some dev can change his keyboard language to azerty configuration? As far as I can say everyone with an azerty keyboard can't type @ and # normally. They all have to use alt+ctrl+@/# instead of AltGr+@/#.

I only have a UK keyboard. When I changed the layout to France the keys all move around as expected; AltGr+3 gives you # etc. This works in normal apps but also in el so I can't reproduce the problem. I'm using Linux and don't have access to Mac or windows. Could this be a platform specific issue? Would a real azerty keyboard behave differently to a software configured UK keyboard?

I tried chaning my keyboard to french settings too, it didn't change, so it must be a platform specific issue. I'm using windows vista, if I can help with something just shout :omg:

My AZERTY keyboard is working nice under linux but I remember that I had the same problem some time ago. However I found that the problem was occurring when I had several keyboard layouts defined with one by default. For example, I had EN and FR layouts defined and FR was by default. To resolve the problem, I had to remove the EN layout to keep only the FR one.

Maybe the problem is the same with Vista? Check what are the layouts you have defined and remove those you're not using...

I am curious if this happens on XP too.

Yes, it happens in XP too.

I have a spanish keyboard and some symbols are not in place. I fix the problems changing something in keyboard layout configuration (with EL running), but anyway it was configured as "Spanish keyboard" when don't work right. Now is same configuration, I only changes it and put again on spanish.

Kelnor have this problem, too, but he can't fix it in this way :S

I'm on a Swedish keyboard but the only problem i have is that i can't type @ with AltGr but the # works as usual.

I'll just use ctrl+alt+2 for the @ in EL.