Eternal Lands Official Forums
syni

the update

well since EL just updated and alot changed i thought i would say what i think of it to admins

and everybody else you should post what you like and what you dislike about the update as well kinda give admins feedback. :unsure::pinch:

(please ent roja and etc dont come in and lock my thread or rip me a new one because of what i say/think :pinch: )

stuff i like

New items i love the new items such as black dragon

new skill

can hold 300 in sto now

mini map i think its awesome to be honest

draegoni's face's i dont like the bodys but the faces are awesome

stuff i dont like

the way fighting is now its just hmm...NOTHING like the way it was before and i really hate it.

The way Draegoni's look now lol they kind of look like monkey's have really long arms and a big upper body and torso but short and fat legs. and SOME male char's ingame look sort of like they have breast's since there upper body leans back few friends ingame said they noticed it.

(PS thank you for the update :blush: )

Edited by syni

Give it some time, in 1 month, you wont think about old looks again.

Fighting does look very different, kinda weird when I first saw it, but thats because were used to one style so long.

I LOVE the way damagenumbers etc falls down on some invisible ground in the air :blush::unsure::pinch: .

Just wondering, did this update make it to the PK server?

i too would agree with syni, there are many helpful enhancements to be had in this update, but it is going to be a little hard to get used to the new looks :blush:

Edited by nivek10

I love the new updates :icon13: I can see colour now like I couldn't before. Hella nice job guys, thank you :hug:

Oi and who ever thought up the new storage command, "bows to you" i love it!

Edited by Jaida

I really like the new looks, they are definately different, but there is always something new to get used to with the updates. I think the characters look more realistic and proportional now. :icon13:

i love the update all over, i have the models for 3 Months allready or so due to cvs. (sure they changed meantime

but just minor i think) i have nothing to complain about :icon13: i have good ping, good fps everythings running

very smooth for me.

Edited by Scorpius

The way Draegoni's look now lol they kind of look like monkey's have really long arms and a big upper body and torso but short and fat legs. and SOME male char's ingame look sort of like they have breast's since there upper body leans back few friends ingame said they noticed it.

Try changing the Perspective setting in the Adv Video tab; I changed it from 0.6 to 0.4 which made the proportions of the bodies look much better.

I also agree with syni I totally dont like the looks of my char now the rest seems great so far but the char is going to be very very hard to live with I did change the video setting to 4 she still looks short flabby and not sexy now sry that how I see it

I guess this will stop the massive number of draegonis anyways heh.

Personally I like pretty much everything about the update, besides the small increase in lag i have. i need to use poor man now. :)

Well, since we decided to mainly focus on the negative stuff (omfg, the new models are the sux0rz!11!), and since we already had a thread exactly like this that was locked, if I hear/ready any new comment about the new looks, I am going to lock this thread.

This update is awesome!!!

For people who don't like the new chars, don't worry, you'll not say the same after some time ;)

All changes are hard to accept at the beginning but later, when you'll look at your old screenies, you'll see that the new models are much more realistic and better than the old ones.

For my part, what I really appreciate in this update is the new sound engine. All the sounds and musics are wonderful! You did a really great work and the result is just great. Thanks so much for that! :):(

Yes, the proportions look more realistic to me, as Roja's links clearly show.

Here

Here

And Here

All my video settings needed re-jigging to the ones I had before the update. Once I did that, I found just about every model more realistic.

I find the new fighting animations more realistic too. In many fighting arts, you widen your stance for balance, and usually do so by sliding one foot back and outwards. Nice job guys! :(

This update is awesome!!!

For people who don't like the new chars, don't worry, you'll not say the same after some time ;)

All changes are hard to accept at the beginning but later, when you'll look at your old screenies, you'll see that the new models are much more realistic and better than the old ones.

For my part, what I really appreciate in this update is the new sound engine. All the sounds and musics are wonderful! You did a really great work and the result is just great. Thanks so much for that! :(:hug:

I totally agree :icon13:

Too bad the sound angine makes my linux client crash so i have to still live in silence :cry:

But checked it on my laptop and the new client seems to run smoother and the sound :w00t:

Great job every one Thanks

hi i love this update i play on dial up atm and once i installed and upgraded video drivers it runs alot better at work.

When i went to pk it was alot smoother and i seemed to have more time to do what i needed to do with spells etc not sure if it is just because it runs better or if the whole thing goes a little slower with new animations thats great for dial up pkers :(

new models i didnt like at first but have grown on me i am a draegoni and it is alot more detailed and i now prefer it to the old one.

the new #sto menu, the mini map and the bouncing damage numbers are awesome i like them all.

Probably the best update in a long while i like it all :icon13:

well after seeing someone ingame wearing a skirt :icon13: gratz Roja , out done yourself this time

and thanx to everyone involved from Radu/Roja to the devs and all who helped with the update

New models look very good (more realistic). However, young male dreagonis now look a bit feminine :) Female draegonis look better but without that strange sexy charm that was before. Human/elf chars benefited most in my opinion, especially females. They look really cool now.

What concerns my char look, I'm a green orchan. After update, it's a bit too green :icon13::)

Combat animations look much more fluid now, and better synchronized. That's cool. But they look slightly slow.

As of other features, this is one of the greatest updates I've seen, so many new features. I even wasnt able to explore all them, sound is still to be downloaded... Thanks for the developers, some real work was done for this update, no doubt