Eternal Lands Official Forums
SkyHigh

probs with update on windows

I'm having the same problem except for me it stops before it gets to 100%. I've completely removed el from my hard drive and installed the new one. It starts to load and then it exits. I have a 1.6ghz Intel Celeron processor,256 ram, ati radeon xpress 200m graphics card, and Windows XP. This is what the error log says

"Log started at 2007-11-26 21:15:02 localtime (Eastern Standard Time)

[21:15:02] Error: Server profile not found in servers.lst for server: Lands\el.exe". Failover to server: main.

[21:15:02] Using the server profile: main

[21:15:02] No language set so defaulting to [en] and using language selection window"

Edited by johncbh

I set the frame buffer to 0 and I still can't get on. Error log says

"Log started at 2007-11-26 23:36:57 localtime (Eastern Standard Time)

[23:36:57] Error: Server profile not found in servers.lst for server: Lands\el.exe". Failover to server: main.

[23:36:57] Using the server profile: main

[23:36:57] No language set so defaulting to [en] and using language selection window"

It's doesn't even make it to the log in screen and then I get a Eternal-Lands client has encountered a problem and needs to close message.

Entrophy, if I delete the folder you mention above will I lose everything? Is that where my charcter lives, as it were?

The character lives on the server. You will lose settings, chat logs, quick spell, counters, etc, but not any stats or ingame items.

I'm having the exact same problem. It pops up the log in screen, and it loads, but it stays on the screen. Then says it has encountered a problem, and asks if I would like to send an error report...

So (and once again, sorry if this is becoming tedious) I've deleted the folder and reinstalled and still the same problem persists. I've tried giving the pc a 'technical tap'/rap upside the head, to no avail. What, if you have the time patience! can I try next?

So (and once again, sorry if this is becoming tedious) I've deleted the folder and reinstalled and still the same problem persists. I've tried giving the pc a 'technical tap'/rap upside the head, to no avail. What, if you have the time patience! can I try next?

Some people have found that disabling sounds helps (specially on Win98)

Log started at 2007-11-27 12:43:42 localtime (Eastern Standard Time)

[12:43:42] Error: Server profile not found in servers.lst for server: Lands\el.exe". Failover to server: main.

[12:43:42] Using the server profile: main

[12:43:42] No language set so defaulting to [en] and using language selection window

[12:43:42] Could not read console.xml

[12:43:42] Could not read errors.xml

[12:43:42] Could not read help.xml

[12:43:42] Could not read options.xml

[12:43:42] Could not read spells.xml

[12:43:42] Could not read stats.xml

[12:43:42] Could not read titles.xml

[12:43:42] Error: Can't open file "mapinfo.lst"

[12:43:43] Error: Can't open file "harvestable.lst"

[12:43:43] Error: Can't open file "entrable.lst"

[12:43:43] Error: Can't open file "knowledge.lst"

[12:43:43] Error opening mines configuration file: mines.xml

[12:43:43] EXTENDED EXCEPTION(1:file_not_found): Can't find file textures/cursors.bmp in el_file at io/elfile.cpp (line 179)

[12:43:43] Error opening sound configuration file

[12:43:43] Unable to read actor definition file actor_defs/actor_defs.xml

[12:43:44] Error: Can't open file "quest.log"

[12:43:44] Could not load a channel list from file. Using a limited built-in set instead.

[12:43:44] Error: Can't open file "mirrors.lst"

[12:43:44] An error occured while reading the rules

[12:43:44] The rules.xml file was not found. You will have to redownload your game.

I hope you realize that without giving details about your system specs and where you installed the game, and stuff like that, everything else is meaningless.

Log started at 2007-11-27 12:43:42 localtime (Eastern Standard Time)

[12:43:42] Error: Can't open file "mapinfo.lst"

[12:43:43] Error: Can't open file "harvestable.lst"

[12:43:43] Error: Can't open file "entrable.lst"

[12:43:43] Error: Can't open file "knowledge.lst"

All these missing files tells us your "#data_dir " is not set correctly in you el.ini file. If you have not installed the client in the default location, you need to edit the el.ini file and set "#data_dir " properly - i.e. to where you installed the client. If you did install to the default location, or the client still doesn't work, you probably have an old el.ini file hanging around; in which case find and delete it.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.