Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Intel Mac Client Version 1.5.0

Hmm, well, the PowerPC Client is not yet really ready for the normal user ...

Fedora, can you build a complete el_osx.app for PowerPC? That'll be the easiest solution until we get a universal client.

My current problem building a universal client is that libpng is needed. There is no PNG Framework which has the right header files. Of course there's a Framework to support PNG images (ImageIO Framework) but it does not have the right functions.

So currently libpng is linked statically into the client, and of course intel-only. I have no idea how to get libpng into Xcode and link that statically into a universal binary ;)

0ctane is back from his holidays and he works on a universal EL client, but there are some problems with OSX 10.5. I'm sure he'll find solutions soon :D

Until then the PowerPC users either have to try to get Fedora's client running or, well, wait ...

:/ Just followed Fedora's instructions, but it still says that the program is damaged/incomplete. I think I should just wait for 0ctane to come back and then redownload his version of 1.5; this is very complicated. *wishes she was a geek*

Edited by draegox

Well it all worked fine for me, thanks for everyones efforts on it so I didn't have to wait to long before playing again :omg:

Ok, i will upload my whole client...but tomorrow morning, now it is very late.

I sent my code to 0ctane so he can add it to the universal package.

See my bugs thread over here: http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...f=4&t=38676

I have a universal binary built using Fedora's extra code. As the note in the first post mentions (please read it), there are some problems with reflections, but they are fixable.

This runs on Tiger (10.4) and Leopard (10.5). Required a few changes to frameworks.

BTW, to get a screenshot on a mac, Apple+Shift+3. Libpng is not needed.

BTW, to get a screenshot on a mac, Apple+Shift+3. Libpng is not needed.

This does not work every time, if the screenshot is taken while the picture is redrawn the screeny is messed up.

I'd really like to solve this libpng problem.

0ctane, did you post your new client somewhere yet?

Yes. See this thread http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=38676

Bad news..I opened the disk image, which looked promising enough, but then the program just quit when I opened it. Maybe it has to do with having an old OS, but that never stopped it before. What to do?

Yes. See this thread http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=38676

Bad news..I opened the disk image, which looked promising enough, but then the program just quit when I opened it. Maybe it has to do with having an old OS, but that never stopped it before. What to do?

The point of having that forum topic was to post bugs there regarding my build. What OS do you have? Windows 95? What hardware do you have? Palm Pilot? You have to give me a little more to work with.

Only OS X 10.4 and greater are supported. If EL version 1.4 worked for you under OS 10.3, well, consider yourself lucky. All other questions regarding my build should be directed to the quoted thread.

The point of having that forum topic was to post bugs there regarding my build. What OS do you have? Windows 95? What hardware do you have? Palm Pilot? You have to give me a little more to work with.

Only OS X 10.4 and greater are supported. If EL version 1.4 worked for you under OS 10.3, well, consider yourself lucky. All other questions regarding my build should be directed to the quoted thread.

Apologies for that. I am running 10.3.9 on a non-Intel machine. Sorry I didn't make that clear, I just have been a bit worried in the last few days that I would not be able to run EL again for technical reasons.

I have to give up for now. The downloads are just too big and slow, and I've had 5 total failures on all the versions and combinations and sets of instructions I've been able to try so far. The only one I haven't been able to download and try is 0ctane's, but I just don't have another full day to devote to it now.

I've bookmarked this thread for when I do have time to try again. It will be days, maybe a few weeks. I'll be checking in on the forums in the meantime. 0ctane, Florian, Fedora, can I pm you guys in future if I need help?

--Peino

I have to give up for now. The downloads are just too big and slow, and I've had 5 total failures on all the versions and combinations and sets of instructions I've been able to try so far. The only one I haven't been able to download and try is 0ctane's, but I just don't have another full day to devote to it now.

I've bookmarked this thread for when I do have time to try again. It will be days, maybe a few weeks. I'll be checking in on the forums in the meantime. 0ctane, Florian, Fedora, can I pm you guys in future if I need help?

--Peino

Over at my thread, Learner has posted a mirror for my build. It might go faster for you.

Feel free to PM me, but I am not in the game too much anymore.

Thanks, 0ctane. Just to be clear, it's the mirror in the first post in that thread, right? I tried that without success, but that was on a real bad connection day (if I had the money, I'd move to get better internet service - grrrrr). I'll try it again when I get the time. :cry:

Thanks again.