Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Intel Mac Client Version 1.5.0

I found and corrected the sto (and #sto) bug.

New client is here: http://www.ilmiomenu.altervista.org/el_osx_patched.zip

For some reasons this link can redirect you to home page. Copy it in a new window if you cant download by clicking it.

As before unzip and copy it in app package under Contents/MacOS replacing the existing el_osx file

since i havent received (yet) Entropy permission to share this client, USE IT ONLY IN TEST SERVER (to check if it works for you too)

Edited by Fedora

Hi, all,

OK, I read the whole thread and I don't know which set of instructions I should follow. I'm running:

OS 10.4, iBook G4, 1.2GH Power PC G4, 256MG mem, ATI Mobility Radeon 9200

I'm on dail up (*waits for laughter to die down*).

Which of the PPC version links should I use? Should I follow Fedora's instructions? Also, can this be used on the main server or only the test server? I've never been to the test server - do I need to download anything for that?

Or, finally, is this still getting sorted out and should I wait a few more days, since I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing?

--Peino

@peino

you should use powerpc client and follow my instructions. The latest client has been obtained by modifying the source code, so sticking to rules, you couldnt use it on main server. To be honest, i changed a few line of code and i swear i didnt add anything like a God Mode :P.

I used the modified client on main server to test it, and i dont think Entropy will get mad at us if we use it. If you dont want to test teh G0d patience, use the first powerpc client i compiled...you can still harvest and put things in sto.

@peino

you should use powerpc client and follow my instructions.

Should I use your link or Entropy's?

The latest client has been obtained by modifying the source code, so sticking to rules, you couldnt use it on main server. To be honest, i changed a few line of code and i swear i didnt add anything like a God Mode :icon13:.

I used the modified client on main server to test it, and i dont think Entropy will get mad at us if we use it. If you dont want to test teh G0d patience, use the first powerpc client i compiled...you can still harvest and put things in sto.

LOL, OK, but maybe Entropy could clarify that for us? :P

I'll be honest, on dial-up, the download takes so long (between slowness and interruptions) that I'd rather only do it if I know I can get full playability on the main server. Last update needed a lot of midwifery from 0ctane (a saint) to get it to run (as well as having to download and install 2 or 3 times). As I recall it took over a week of work to get me back into the game for the last version. I'd much rather avoid that much work/time again, especially if I might have to do it again soon.

So, can Ent please tell us if this is a FINAL PPC Mac version, if we can use it on the main server, or if an approved version will be coming down the line in a few days or a couple of weeks? I don't mind waiting if there's a definite plan in the works.

EDIT: I can use the time to finish my story for Roja and update my Tiger. :)

Edited by peino

I used Entropy's links and have tried with the approved of PPC version only. It does not run under Panther but requires Tiger as stated. Also, I did as suggested and disabled sound since I crashed on my first attempt.

I have only tried the game a little so far, but hey - it's working! I walk, I fight, I harvest. Oh day of joy! Thanks for your efforts Fedora. :)

You can use whichever version works, in this case, the latest.

OK, thanks. :medieval:

I might be back with questions later this week. RL is demanding I put off the download for a bit.

Thanks everyone for all your efforts on this project.

For some reason when I download the second link Fedora posted, it doesn't download the entire application. It won't let me cntl+click to show the package contents, so there is no where to paste the data directory. Also, it will only let me open the file with another application, "Terminal."

This is only for the download with the storage fix.

Does this make any sense and did I do something wrong?

For some reason when I download the second link Fedora posted, it doesn't download the entire application. It won't let me cntl+click to show the package contents, so there is no where to paste the data directory. Also, it will only let me open the file with another application, "Terminal."

This is only for the download with the storage fix.

Does this make any sense and did I do something wrong?

I believe what I did was to download his first file and move what was suggested from the x86 client. I then download the second file, and put it in el_osx.app/contents/MacOS.

Try this. If it doesn't work, send me a forum PM and I'll do the process over from scratch and document it more properly.

Lyeowar

I don't want to appear stupid here, but I am confused. Which link should I follow to download the complete client for my 10.3.9 computer on PPC? I am confused by all these links and things. Thank you :)

Edited by draegox

If I said: "and the first link in the thread for the data.", do you think I said that just so I waste a few seconds and for you to download 70mb for no reason?

If I said: "and the first link in the thread for the data.", do you think I said that just so I waste a few seconds and for you to download 70mb for no reason?

Mac users think different.

Most of us don't have a clue what a data file is. Or data. Or a file.

Most people buy a Mac because it works like a toaster. Plug it in an use it, don't think about it.

So, intel Mac users (MacBook, MacBook Pro, Mac Pro, iMac with Core Duo CPU) please download this file:

http://el.beplacid.net/downloads/el_osx-1.5.0a1.zip

PowerPC users also need this:

http://www.ilmiomenu.altervista.org/el_osx_patched.zip

and then follow these steps:

- unpack el_osx_patched.zip, a file called "el_osx" is in there

- right click (or ctrl+click) the el_osx application package you downloaded with el_osx-1.5.0a1.zip

- browse to Contents/MacOS

- replace the file el_osx with the el_osx you got from el_osx_patched.zip

It looks like 0ctane is back from his holidays, so a universal binary client should be on its way soon. :dry:

Thank you, Florian. :)

Thanks to all the Mac folks for the huge amount of work you put into this and for being so patient with us strictly-end-user Mac buyers.

ehm...since i was searching through the code for sound/crashing bugs, i also added cut & paste support. Now you can use ctrl+c to copy selected console text, and ctrl+v to paste. Sorry, i really dont know how to add mac shortcuts (apple+c, apple+v).

http://www.ilmiomenu.altervista.org/el_osx_patched_cp.zip

To install, download it and follow Florian's instruction.

Edited by Fedora

ehm...since i was searching through the code for sound/crashing bugs, i also added cut & paste support. Now you can use ctrl+c to copy selected console text, and ctrl+v to paste. Sorry, i really dont know how to add mac shortcuts (apple+c, apple+v).

To install, download it and follow Florian's instruction.

I click on the link and it sends me to altervista's home page. Same with the older link as well.

I did something wrong, and I have no idea what. I downloaded both files and followed Fedora's instructions about replacing the el_osx file, but I have no idea what is supposed to happen next. The application is not installing. In fact, there doesn't seem to be anything in the package to be installed or to run, and I can't find anything in the package info that would tell me what I should do, or what I haven't done. I just have a file with a little "A" logo icon on it in my apps folder now that does nothing. If I try to double click on it, It starts to open as if it's a regular file or folder and then closes down again immediately. No error message.

I have to go do RL stuff now (6 hours is all I had today for this), but if either Florian or Fedora could respond here or pm me to advise me, I'd be really grateful:

-- Does this need to be worked out among us in pm?

-- Can it be worked out in this thread or in help?

-- Or should I just wait for a future version?

I'd like to be able to follow up on this tomorrow, if possible.

Thanks, all.

-Peino

Edited by peino

mmm...i think there is an error in Florian instructions. Here is what Mac users should do:

Intel Mac users (MacBook, MacBook Pro, Mac Pro, iMac with Core Duo CPU) have to download this:

http://el.beplacid.net/downloads/el_osx-1.5.0a1.zip

and start it to play.

PowerPC users have to download this:

http://el.beplacid.net/downloads/el_osx_ppc.zip

and this:

and then Florian instructions:

- unpack el_osx_patched_cp.zip, a file called "el_osx" is in there

- right click (or ctrl+click) the el_osx application package you downloaded with el_osx_ppc.zip

- replace the file el_osx with the el_osx you got from el_osx_patched_cp.zip

- start it and play

----> another way for PowerPc users that already downloaded el_osx-1.5.0a1.zip: <----

download this:

and this:

http://www.ilmiomenu.altervista.org/Frameworks.zip

- unpack both files

- right click (or ctrl+click) the el_osx application package you downloaded with el_osx-1.5.0a1.zip

- replace the file el_osx with the el_osx you got from el_osx_patched_cp.zip

- browse back to Contents

- copy the directory "Frameworks" you got from Frameworks.zip overwriting the directory Contents/Frameworks

- start EL and play :P