Eternal Lands Official Forums
Jaida

NDD

huh? its only 6 hours out of the 168 hours a week that there is NND, i dont see how people can have a problem with that

people not only complain about the bad things but the good things also now? you cant please every1 but unfortunately thats one tough job ent has to face and 6 hours a week for the fighters/pkers is a fair deal

:icon13: says it all there really

Guest ohmygod

NDD invasions/pk are fun. I spent 10s of 1000s of gc to stock my storage with pots /ess / rings so i can participate in every minute of it. (when my GF dont nag me to do RL stuff like today that is :icon13: )

I read some people here saying they would prefer to do other things on the weekends and not particpate in these NDD events, which is sort of fair enough and there is more to this game than just fighting and killing. The non pk/killing side is what got me playing EL in the first place.

How about instead of holding a NDD every weekend hold 1 BIG weekend every month?

This gives those who have posted here in the negative some weekend time to enjoy thier style of gamming and those that enjoy the NDD/PK events a chance to have fun too.

I was also thinking to encourage more participation in the months big event, players could vote on a double special day as the reward for the next weekend or something if all the tasks are completed.

The monthly event could be part NDD and normal invasion so armours and rostos can get out of the game along with ess/pots etc.

Dunno just a suggestion. I would hate to see these events stop because people complaining too much.

How about instead of holding a NDD every weekend hold 1 BIG weekend every month?

This gives those who have posted here in the negative some weekend time to enjoy thier style of gamming and those that enjoy the NDD/PK events a chance to have fun too.

I was also thinking to encourage more participation in the months big event, players could vote on a double special day as the reward for the next weekend or something if all the tasks are completed.

The monthly event could be part NDD and normal invasion so armours and rostos can get out of the game along with ess/pots etc.

Dunno just a suggestion. I would hate to see these events stop because people complaining too much.

Sounds like a good suggestion to me, I can live with 1 big NDD weekend a month, better then with 9-10 NDD hours every weekend.

-Blee

Sounds like a good suggestion to me, I can live with 1 big NDD weekend a month, better then with 9-10 NDD hours every weekend.

-Blee

I think a bad idea.

The reason I stayed in game was the invasions, but I found them far too long.

I think very few are playing more than 3-4 hours a day, I don't even if I used to be logged on up to 16 hours.

And to go to an invasion and don't know how it ends, how interesting is that ?

Another thing : some people don't play every weekend because they have a RL life too.

Maybe they will not be able to take part in some of the invasions.

I think some short - 2-3 hour invasions on random days and time during the week would be far better.

I say that we just keep it the way it is. For the couple of people who don't like it, sorry, tough, live with it, almost everybody I know loves it, our guild has never had so much fun pking together, yea some of my stuff broke in the process but it was worth it :icon13:

And if it really is a bother that you don't get your "furs" then you sort of need to explore the game a little because there is alot more to EL than just fighting.

-Not a flame, my opinion, Ent keep up the good work.

huh? its only 6 hours out of the 168 hours a week that there is NND, i dont see how people can have a problem with that

people not only complain about the bad things but the good things also now? you cant please every1 but unfortunately thats one tough job ent has to face and 6 hours a week for the fighters/pkers is a fair deal

:icon13: says it all there really

There is this thing called 'having a job' and another thing called 'going to school/college/uni etc'.

That resulst in a number of people only evenings, and some players playing only weekends.

Say that people have 3 hours every evening (which I doubt) to play el. And on the weekend, 5 hours a day.

21+10= 31 Hours, then 6/31 or 9/31 seems a bit different than 168 hours lol. And problably they play not 3 hours every evening :) .

I was not playing EL these 3 last months because of RL stuff and I just came back. So I never have yet the pleasure to participate to such events and as I rarely play the week-end, I think I'll not try them soon...

However I understand the feeling of some people who don't like NDDs because I don't like them too. I like to have drops when I train on monsters so if NDDs happen too often, I'll find this boring.

But I totally understand people who like them and I think there's a solution to make everybody happy.

A few months ago, some people spoke about having 2 special days at the same time. Well, in this case, why not separating special days by continents? (I hope this hasn't been already suggested)

Like this, if you don't like a special day on a continent, you still have the choice to go on the other one. And sometimes, you can have 2 different special days, one on each continent...

I would be perfectly happy with NDD if it didn't cover every map. Break it up into sections over the entire day. What you have to remember is, not everyone is a fighter, or they lvl on a/d slower than most, ie they are more into alc,pots,magic. So it gives everyone an equal chance to get drops or go for the NDD option.

NDD does benefit those on Isla however. It gives them a chance to build up their a/d a bit and not dropping benefits them as we all know they are poor beyond belief.

I would be perfectly happy with NDD if it didn't cover every map. Break it up into sections over the entire day. What you have to remember is, not everyone is a fighter, or they lvl on a/d slower than most, ie they are more into alc,pots,magic. So it gives everyone an equal chance to get drops or go for the NDD option.

Hmm, how is NDD not beneficial for alc/pots/magic? On this day, you can mix with toads without a rosto and in col/mol and not have to fear of losing items.

Manufactures can go to hydro runs without the fear of losing s2e's or a rosto.

PK is a skill that died, if you havent noticed. These NDD are bringing it back slowly. Let Entropy deal with it, because he is doing good so far.

Agreeing to keep the NDD out of EL is telling us you want the market economy to fall. The economy depends on fighters/pkers. Everything made is useful in PK or training. So, without us burning 100's-k's of hes/srs on NDD, some people would be without sales.

Thanks.

In a big, full NDD invasion, maybe 50 bucks worth of items break (keep in mind that many can be repaired at NPC).

i broke dragon cuisses + plate in the first NDD, and tit plate + steelgreaves in the second... ffs that more than 50$ even for me alone XD

np for me tho, at least im a good help for economy :icon13:

Sheesh, I'm now certain if entropy gave out free dragon armor to the whole game, someone would complain.

"I paid for mine why does, blah blah get it for free?"

I did skip a NDD, I alch'd in a storage perfectly fine during it. Managed to even mine, wow :)

But I do know why I skipped it, last time I burned tons of essence and potions, broke armor. Obviously good

for the econ.

Don't like NDD? Log off and talk to your ficus. :icon13:

NDD invasions/pk are fun. I spent 10s of 1000s of gc to stock my storage with pots /ess / rings so i can participate in every minute of it. (when my GF dont nag me to do RL stuff like today that is :icon13: )

I read some people here saying they would prefer to do other things on the weekends and not particpate in these NDD events, which is sort of fair enough and there is more to this game than just fighting and killing. The non pk/killing side is what got me playing EL in the first place.

AMEN. I reset 2 weeks ago to get rid of I can't Dance perk to participate more in the fighting. Maybe we could have more lower-mid level creatures to fight on c1 while the harder creatures IE dragons/Artic Chims/Giants could be kept on c2. Just a suggestion. Ohmygod's one of the most well known fighters in game, so hopefully this post will get some consideration.

Edited: I forgot the E on the word One.

Edited by popeye

Agreeing to keep the NDD out of EL is telling us you want the market economy to fall. The economy depends on fighters/pkers. Everything made is useful in PK or training. So, without us burning 100's-k's of hes/srs on NDD, some people would be without sales.

Thanks.

I didn't say take it out of EL, I said break it up on the map. 1 day, so many hours, different areas, giving everyone an equal chance to have the option of NDD.

I like the invasions just as they are. I don't get much exp and no drops, of course, but I do get to test myself against new monsters with less risk to me, which is way cool for a PvE player like me. Plus I get a ton of action, fun with friends, and material for my character stories.

But I agree with the suggestion to have fewer of these big NDD invasions per month, for all the reasons already mentioned. The NDD invasions are great; only the timing of them needs tweaking.

The economy depends on fighters/pkers. Everything made is useful in PK or training. So, without us burning 100's-k's of hes/srs on NDD, some people would be without sales.

I use HE's and have used srs when alching/harvesting. I know alot of other alchers/harvesters do as well. I train on Gargs/Large spiders until I can finally kill a troll or female orc. Then I will train on them. Putting dragons and giants in the invasion does little for my fighting skills. I get killed with one hit. I'm 39/39 a/d. I think the economy depends on More then just the fighters.

i agree completely with this post, i dont mind no drop days but not constant repeated ones it makes it no fun for me because i rely on drops to increase my potion level and it sucks having no drops for 6 hours, maybe have 1 a week not like 3 or 4 a week or make it on certain maps like pk cause no drop days screw up the newbies too cause they need the stuff to get going in game.

Why are you making comments like this when you have only been part of the forums for only days?! This is finally the answer to some of the pk problems, and now a newbie is complaining because she can't get furs the day she wants them. You have 6 other days to collect furs. This is ridiculous!

Kindly, shut up.

Forum member time is a problem? I'm not in favor of the NDD either, I've been around longer. And the game is more then PK alone. Anywayz, I tend to fill NDD with harvesting now. I've explained that I just don't enjoy the invasions. And I feel very limited because training without drops doesn't appeal much to me either.

And atm, I have this newbie char and I was collecting money for it a week ago, by hunting rats for the tails. It gets rather hard with NDD for them too, no? So yes, maybe the fur drops are a problem.

Finally, there is always a gamer class called the "weekend gamers".....

-Blee

The weekend gamers can still do there thing, just not during the 6-9 hours of ndd while they allow the rest of us to have fun.

The weekend gamers can still do there thing, just not during the 6-9 hours of ndd while they allow the rest of us to have fun.

Weekend = 2 days = 48 hours.

Let's say you've got about 18 hours of sleep already. That's 30 hours left.

Suppose a lot of people would use Sunday as a family day.. and will maybe have 2 hours to play there.

If I calculated 9 hours of sleep from Sunday already, I'll take "24-9-2= 13" Another 13 hours off, family time.

Thats 17 hours left.

Suppose that on Saturday, this person also does his/her weekly shopping. (Happens a lot on Saturdays.) + time for eating and cooking. I'll use 11am to 7pm for that. Another 8 hours. That's 9 hours left to play.

Let's say this person is in my personal timezone. He's screwed. (I made up a small day schedule in my head.)

And his playing times are 8.00am-11.00am and 7.00pm-11pm on Saturday. And let's say 9.00-11.00 on Sunday.

Why screwed? Saturday evening he's getting NDD, guaranteed. If split between saturday and sunday like now. He's screwed on Sunday too.

Time without NDD? 3 hours on Saturday morning. Yea, that's a lot of time to do things.

Selfish fun. And I've made a schedule for this weekend gamer in my head, considering that if people only play during weekends, I reckon they're quite busy people during the week. That's why I took Sunday as family day and the weekly shopping on Saturday. If you take this as basic, there wouldn't be much time for him to get anything from hunting.

-Blee

In a big, full NDD invasion, maybe 50 bucks worth of items break (keep in mind that many can be repaired at NPC).

In the same day, without a NDD but with an invasion, more than 10 rostos would be lost, so more castle bricks. In fact, even without an invasion or ndd, in 6 hours of 'prime time' about 10 rostos are lost (and items break anyway, because people train on monsters with them).

So the NDD is mainly for fun and for the EL economy, rather than for bricks.

For EL economy.... because less monster drops enter the game, less gc drops, less ring drops, less book drops and less bone drops... don't forget about all the armor orcs and other creatures drops... and all the furs... like bear and tiger...

Therefore if people run out of stuff while mixing have no chance other than buying from market what is left... Let's face it, no one will get new bear furs into the game or any more bones... That's good, right?

While that is good, it doesn't matter that random days are supposed to be... uhm... random?

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...mp;#entry343793

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...mp;#entry338099

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...mp;#entry384848

but hey, the pk guys get their fun while all the mixers can sell their stuff.... and to benefit the mixers, we might ask what we would have to do for a recycle day and/or joule day to be extra like the (now) common weekly ndd... oh wait, that has been asked here: http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...mp;#entry394428

wonder when we will get an answer.... (or a forum ban for referring to that question again)

greetings, mclane :P

I'm not sure why we keep having the NDD in game?

Be the players keep working hard to earn another!

I missed the 3 hrs of NDD today... my favorite day! Everyone can not always be here for everything. There are so many things to do in the game. Entropy has been telling us if we will have another NDD after it is earned, so if you know you are going to need furs or meats then you should get to work on that while you can and save the harvesting and alching for the NDD. The majority of the ppl love NDD and work hard to earn it for the next time. I know others who only get to play on the weekend and love NDD. No matter What Entropy and Roja do there is no way to please everyone.

Edited by Devani

The amount of time in a week that this affects players is not enough to warrant complaining. Some people enjoy this kind of play and other's don't, but whatever teh_god decides should be, make the most of it. There are advantages to both situations, and taking advantage of the situation you are in is what playing a game is about.

The roleplay is a little funny though, I'm not sure Mortos should be generously giving No Drop Days. Couldn't another ingame god such as Aluwen or Unolas be rendering the No Drops Day in defence against the coming immensity of invasion?

For EL economy.... because less monster drops enter the game, less gc drops, less ring drops, less book drops and less bone drops... don't forget about all the armor orcs and other creatures drops... and all the furs... like bear and tiger...

Therefore if people run out of stuff while mixing have no chance other than buying from market what is left... Let's face it, no one will get new bear furs into the game or any more bones... That's good, right?

Yes no drops enter the game for those few hours but you make it sound like NDD is all week!!!! and oh how I wish I could survive and afford to buy things on the back of monster drops but I cant .

Im sure many players like myself have to harv,alch to make any real gold and losing monster drops for a few hours is nothing in terms of lost revinue .

I would like to know, these players saying that they cant get drops for potions, stones etc on NDD . who do they sell there items to ? isnt it to the people who enjoy having NDD ? :)

Becarful you dont cut your nose off to spite your face ( English saying sorry)

but hey, the pk guys get their fun while all the mixers can sell their stuff.... and to benefit the mixers, we might ask what we would have to do for a recycle day and/or joule day to be extra like the (now) common weekly ndd... oh wait, that has been asked here: http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...mp;#entry394428

wonder when we will get an answer.... (or a forum ban for referring to that question again)

greetings, mclane :D

Is it just pkers who get there fun ?? I enjoy going to pk maps on NDD but I wouldnt class myself as a pker, I go just for the fun ( yup and to die) .

And if you ever go to the invasion part of the day the majority of players there enjoying it are not pkers but players who enjoy the comradeship, banter and fun of them, and its a welcome break from what they normally do.

"and to benefit the mixers, we might ask what we would have to DO for a recycle day and/or joule day to be extra like the (now) common weekly ndd"

Do ? well maybe stop complaining would be a start :omg:

Edit : we had a " Day of the dead " after 3 hours of NDD today,, that really suxed , I had to kill a monster 2 maybe 3 times to get my furs which is unfair , can we remove this day :evilgrin:

(excuse the sarcasm)

point being we all suffer on various special days, depending on how it affects each individual

Edited by conavar