Eternal Lands Official Forums
Jaida

NDD

I'm not sure why we keep having the NDD in game? I thought the entire purpose of the game was that you take the chance of dropping when you train. That's what always made it a challenge, or so I thought anyhow, as with anything you do in the game. (Ie loss of items while man,craft..)

I realize it was usually a once a week thing, which I really didn't mind, I could do other things instead, but it's not something I really want to see happening all the time via vote kill this mob ie. Please don't take away the challenge/chance of dropping. Especially for those who really enjoy getting their furs ie on drop, not having to take a day or more off to do other things because of NDD.

Why are you making comments like this when you have only been part of the forums for only days?! This is finally the answer to some of the pk problems, and now a newbie is complaining because she can't get furs the day she wants them. You have 6 other days to collect furs. This is ridiculous!

Kindly, shut up.

Edited by Saint

Got to agree, NDD's have done wonders for us who sell items, people have been using ess, breaking armors and weapons and been having LOTS of fun doing it.

Ent Keep up the great work!

hmmm

This is the kind of post that pisses Ent off and ruins it for the people who enjoy NDD and shock horror a lot of people do enjoy them :omg:

honestly its 2 hours today is that such a problem ?? when NDD time even takes up a tenth of the week then you can complain

Well, if not PK server was coming up, I might have something against it too. Cause I doubt real pk will get any better, people just wait for no drop days :D .

NDD's are big fun tho. Good way to learn to pk etc. Good for ecomony.

Maybe 9 hours on a weekend day is a bit too much for the non-fighters around :omg: .

P.S. See you on PK server.

Time registered on forums in no way equates to time ingame - maybe you should shut up? lolz

I know it doesn't necessarily equal game time, but this isn't the first time I have heard her saying this.

There are seriously more hours in the week you can collect your precious furs.

u must be making jokes writing this post

But i guess u can always enter KF on normal day and have a nice challeging chance of dropping stuff :D

Anyway everyone else is enjoying it :omg: so please try to live with it

Why are you making comments like this when you have only been part of the forums for only days?! This is finally the answer to some of the pk problems, and now a newbie is complaining because she can't get furs the day she wants them. You have 6 other days to collect furs. This is ridiculous!

Kindly, shut up.

Forum member time is a problem? I'm not in favor of the NDD either, I've been around longer. And the game is more then PK alone. Anywayz, I tend to fill NDD with harvesting now. I've explained that I just don't enjoy the invasions. And I feel very limited because training without drops doesn't appeal much to me either.

And atm, I have this newbie char and I was collecting money for it a week ago, by hunting rats for the tails. It gets rather hard with NDD for them too, no? So yes, maybe the fur drops are a problem.

Finally, there is always a gamer class called the "weekend gamers".....

-Blee

1. I'm not exactly new, I used to play a couple of years back and I came back to answer the first question.

2. I am NOT trying to upset anyone or offend, if I have I apologize.

3. I would just like to see it happen on certain maps at certain times. Not all over.

4. I am all for improving the game, which it obviously has had some great ones that I've seen since I came back.

5. There is a difference of complaining and forming an opinion. Obviously people will have them whether they agree with anyone else or not.

As someone else answered already, the answer is:

It's good for the economy overall. The fact that you don't get your rat tails for a few hours per week is not so important in the grand scheme of things. The fact that lots of items break, and lots of potions and essences are used, IS important in the grand scheme of things.

Kindly, shut up.

Why don't you shut up? That was just rude. She's been playing the game for awhile now, it doesn't matter if she's only been a member of the forums for a short time. I don't understand all the rudeness and small mindedness that comes out the forums.

I some times also wish that on no drop day things from the mobs got dropped. But really these weekend invasion.nnd's are a blast for most people. Provides a challange for most of us (yeah ohmygod and company might disagree.....those top guys eat every thing) But for the average player provides a challange and brings friends/enenmies together for a common goal. And though these days dont provide huge rosto sales from the EL shop, they do break a bunch otf crowns and armors, capes and burns a lot of emps, HE DE AE, and breaks a few great swords. If you really need furs on that day, lots of players will sell them to keep up with the stuff needed for the invasion..If not there is an NPC that sells them also.

The only problem i have with the NDD is that newbies cant complete the tutorial NPC's quests.

Maybe it would be a good idea to exclude Isla Prima from the NDD.

Nothing must be more annoying to new players when they get told, they have to wait for 5 hours or such until they can finish their newbie quest. (Tutorial NPC, fighting tutorial that is)

About the weekend only players: Today we had a small invasion and NDD for 2 or 3 hours, looks like the invasions get split on 2 random days of the weekend and not on only one day for full 9 hours.

I like that split, and if someone is blocked from getting furs on one weekend due to conflicts between real life and NDD's, well, bad luck IMO. It happens to everyone.

I dont wanna know how many good days i missed when i was sleeping, and how many bad days too :omg:

About the economy and NDD: I think, that my trade bot became better in selling leather stuff to ppl over the last weeks. Which is good for me, so i can try to get rid of my 1.9k of leather pants and i am even making new stuff to give it to my bot, since some other leather items are bought too.

So its good for me personally that items dont catch too much dust in my storage and good for the economy in general, because that happens to other ppl too.

Not even to talk about alchemists or potioneers who can sell a lot of stuff too, i know what i *lost*, or, better used, during invasions. And have to replace somehow.

So, in short, short NDD's + short invasions = good, money and items flowing = good, excluding IP from NDD = even better, happy alching/manuing/potioning, all fine.

Did i even mention the cheap a/d/magic xp you get from invasions at NDD days?

Just my 2 euro cents. :D

Piper

I love NDD it is the only time I go into pk and take a break from the monotony of alching and harvesting and doing other things to get ahead in the game. I die over and over and still enjoy it. It is hilarious when I get pmed that I'm not even worth pk points. :omg:

You can't collect furs on peace day either. NDD is way more fun!

Edited by Devani

Jaida, Bleeding Soul, and Piper have valid points.

I can live with No Drop day and love the invasions no matter how dead I get :blush: but this is because I am at a good level to prepare for the weekend by making the necessary essies and money to buy the potions I will need to join the fun.

If I loved EL as much as I do now, but only had the opportunity to play on the weekends... yes, I would be disappointed. There is a long stretch of my time zone being used for NDD where I would normally be collecting bones and meat. It is obvious that this would be upsetting.

Is it possible for the meantime to take NDD out of the random rotation of special days while the scheduled invasions continue? That does seem unfair, but just makes for a bit of diplomacy while harming very little.

Is it also possible to begin and end the scheduled NDD time periods closer to the invasions without using the clock to determine the time period? This concept hurts the few who want to PK away from the invasions, but the whole idea of the invasions is to get all the fighters together pounding on dragons and giants for the sake of busting up equipment :)

I have gone to safe C1 maps to mix and collect more items for the invasion while the action was hot, and seen a large number of heavily armored players with high Material Points walking around. This means nothing really, but if I had that kind of 5t00f, I would be all over them Blackies givin'em what for!! It does look like many players take advantage of NDD without being involved in the invasions, so I believe Jaida has a perfectly valid claim.

There are plenty of us Dvarven in EL who enjoy heading to Valhalla in the glory of kicking the shin of a Red Dragon, who are just as happy in the caves hammering out gold rings from the Rhinemaidens stash, while hammering on skellies for food. Tis all fun, tis all good, but too much of any good thing and the balance of the game can change a lot of fickle minds.

NDD is great for planned invasions, drops are great for mixers. IMHO it's the timing that needs tweaking, no complaints, and Mortos forbid any contributor to the forums should be told to "shut up."

It does look like many players take advantage of NDD without being involved in the invasions, so I believe Jaida has a perfectly valid claim.

Maybe and why not ? if players prefer to pk on NDD than take part in the invasion then that is there right . Personally I do both , bit of pking then die a lot to the dragons then back to pking. ( and a lot of players do the same)

If NDD started and ended with the invasion, I could see a lot less people attending the invasion part and just stay in pk maps.

IMO (and I might be totally wrong) but I would imagine more he's, de's and srs are used during the invasion but more expensive items are broken on pk maps ( ebul brod etc) and both are needed for Ents grand scheme ( ie: castle bricks :) )

In a big, full NDD invasion, maybe 50 bucks worth of items break (keep in mind that many can be repaired at NPC).

In the same day, without a NDD but with an invasion, more than 10 rostos would be lost, so more castle bricks. In fact, even without an invasion or ndd, in 6 hours of 'prime time' about 10 rostos are lost (and items break anyway, because people train on monsters with them).

So the NDD is mainly for fun and for the EL economy, rather than for bricks.

I would agree with you Muggy, on the point about people playing on weekends. But..

There is only one NDD per weekend, usually. Except this one, and there will be time in bewteen for no NDD.

I think that the NDD have been excellent for adding fun and community to the game. Channel 6 is really busy the minute a NDD invasion is announced with people with all levels and from different guilds and different aims in the game all banding together to achieve objectives and help each other out. I would bet that lots of new friendships and alliances have been formed by people as they fight (or die) together or cast spells and share essies and share and develop strategies. Even serious non fighters in our guild have now started joining in because they see how much fun people are having even if they die a lot.

My only comment would be that I think it would be nice in the invasions to have a bigger range of lower/mid level monsters to fight. There are many calls for this in channel and imo this would add to the economy of the game also. Lower/mid level fighters may not have the higher end equipment that higher level players have but breaking a bunch of cheaper level armour soon adds up and they still use essies and pots. It also gives them a chance to gain exp and move up to the higher level stuff that needs higher end equipment.

People are less likely to risk their good armour going up against something they know they have no hope in hell of even getting any xp against than something that is just slightly higher than their levels that a good bit of armour might give them a chance against.

The giant/dragon type invasions are great for magic xp if you aren't a high level fighter but throw in some cycs and feros level monsters and you would also get the mid level fighters in there risking the chance of running into giants and dragons for the 'glory' of knowing they actually helped clear the monsters with fighting skills as well as magic. More people fighting, wearing good armour = more chance of having to replace stuff so better for economy.

That's just my two gc worth. I am looking forward to spending my evening in hell or stuck on a rock somewhere. Off to make some essies now :)

let's not forgot that the NDD invasion days are still pretty new and are changing per weekend.

I am sure that Ent has several idea's to make it more challenging for everyone. Just complaining isn't good enough. If you do not agree, focus on finding alternatives or additions. Like mix a NDD with an hour no NDD. :)

I am no big fan of invasions (seem to always break a MoL in them :/), but I can imagine how much fun it is for other players... As I have read/heard it seems that these NDD invasions are god for the economy etc. And that's all good, but I'm more concerned about the RP aspect :)

Yea it may be a point that looks less important, but I don't like the fact that a random day is enforced every week!

I'm not saying that it shouldn't be done, more people like it.. Fine by me. I just withdraw to the mines/storage to harvest or mix. The only problem I experience with NDD is that I can't harvest bones. I'm just saying that manually activating a NDD just looks so fake to me.

In the end though, I think every day has something bad to it.

Take Day of Sun Tzu for example... "Yay extra A/D exp! Damn, no free spawn to be found..."

Same thing goes for NDD, and if we have a weekly NDD, it's only natural that the negative side gets highlighted at some point.

-- Cyp

Yea, NDD every week is a little too much imo. I don't fight anyway, it's not really my thing, but I can imagine that some people get mad during the weekends when they can get no drops from monsters and that every week.