Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Atreides*

The Grand Dragon Council Quest for Newcomers.

On Sunday March 28 @ 19.00 GMT* the GDC is running a relay race for all newcomers to the game with stats at or below 10.

*19.00 GMT =

7.00 pm London

8-9.00pm Europe

3.00pm New York

12.00pm Los Angeles

Very early on Monday morning for Australian and Oriental residents - sorry :oops:

The race will start at the Tavern on Isla Prima, where a Dragon will greet the Questors and give them the clue to the next Dragon. They will travel through White Stone, Portland, Desert Pines and Myandar (VotD) passing through most of the major points of interest in EL.

During the event they will be taught basic potions, summoning and manufacture.

The event is limited to 25 - first come first served

Prizes will be:

Winner: Steel Long, 25 bars of Dragon's Gold and 500 Plat

Second: Steel Long, 15 bars of Dragon's Gold and 200 Plat

Third: Steel Long, 5 bars of Dragon's Gold and 100 Plat

All entrants who complete the quest will be given: Steel Long, 1 Bar of Dragon's' Gold and 10 Plat

Please add your name below if you wish to take part. We need names in order to know who to expect both at the start and at the check points and we won't have time to do it whilst the quest is running.

Atreides

Guest Torak

Sounds great! I really need help in boosting my players stats!! My name is Torak and I would love to participate in your event! I've just started and I really need to get some exp before the dreaded switch!!!! :shock: Thanks for putting this on, this is a great event!

Thanks!!

Torak

when you say stats at or below 10 what stats do you mean...czn i participate like say if my magic was below 10? even though everything else was in the 20's or 30's...i could use an extra 500 plats ya know

Guest wayne_campbell

Woohoo!! :D at last something useful to help us noobs I'll be there definitely be there.

I'm Tanek btw.

also a quick quessie for Torak. Whats this

dreaded switch
???

Guest wayne_campbell

Umm one quick point about the timing of this event........

Have you taken into account that us Brits have our clocks put forward by one hour today and if not what is the correct time for the event??

Thanks. :)

I want to do it, but, i have alot of thing's under 10 and over 10, can i do it :?:

Sorry your stats are too high :P

Skills

Combat: 15/15

Attack: 15/15

Defense: 14/14

Magic: 0/0

Harvest: 20/20

Manufacture: 5/5

Alchemy: 0/0

Potion: 8/8

Summoning: 0/0

i have to puul out seeing that my havesting skill got over 11 today :cry: god

You are still welcome - Will hold a spot for you :)

Torak

Mightywayne

Tanek

sweetlilluvin

acid1394

Saidin

elliot

Munnyn

Raith

Pio

JaSHu

Gorgyh

Gukuyarek

Sahdowsneak

funny_me

Cabaletroll

Jiggy

Yept

spellweaver

I am sure I missed a few

Update and final thoughts

Winner: Yept - who has spent his winnings on maxing his Attributes :P

Second: Jiggy - Not been online at same time as me - still owed 200 plat and 12 Gold Bars

Third: No-one.

Completed the course: Tanek, Acid1394, Cabaletroll

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Post mortem:

The course was OK, but clues were not easy enough for complete beginners: Only 7 players made it to check point 2 (Library in WSC).

** Clues need to be clearer.

Not all knew that clicking the sign-posts took you from map to map.

** Some basic stuff needs to be spelt out before commencement

** Don't know how to resolve that.

I posted the wrong start time for Americans :shock: We had three who wanted to start an hour late - Mea Cupla

** Be more careful

Asking players to make stuff in return for whispered clues doesn't work.

Too long a delay to trade items back and forth + type in names to Whisper caused some frustration.

** Don't PM clues - Don't ask then to make too much - maybe once only for final checkpoint.

We forgot the Temple of the Attack God in Votd!!! Some newbies entered whilst looking for the lair and died!

** That was just stupid of us. :twisted:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If anyone who took part wants to post input. Please feel free.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks to ALL Mods and NHs who helped BC the Event : Roja, Ogerawa, Scartissue, Tumaros. Especial thanks to Moonshadow for trying to stop them entering the Attack God Temple and bring me a bag of lost items (returned to player). Thanks to any BCer I forgot.

Atreides (currently think up another Quest :) )

heheh, thanks for the summary there :P And thanks for holding the event! I am sorry that I did not make it.

Well not everything goes as we planned, but seeing what needs to be done you can then make it better for a next time...although i find it funny that the one guy used the prize money to max his atts...since they will all be gone in a few days :) ah well..so will his prizes!! hehehehee :twisted:

...although i find it funny that the one guy used the prize money to max his atts...since they will all be gone in a few days :) ah well..so will his prizes!! hehehehee  :twisted:

That was me. I advised him too so he could carry more and gain XP faster from the reasoning. I did advise him that only his XP and skills woul dbe retained and that he would be best served by getting as much as possible done.

I hope I did right :shock: