Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Which part of the brain do you use more?

The Right Brain vs Left Brain test  

225 members have voted

1. 1. Which side of the brain?

• Left
    • Right

Ok...I tried again, and I'm not sure if they put something in my breakfast... :)

But if I look away from the dancer to the shadow, she changes direction, and I can get it to change almost at will. I'm a bit confused here because some guys who dismantled the gif say it only moves in one direction. :) I am now inclined to think it actually changes directlion rather than it being an optical ilussion....er...now I'm talking rubbish! :hug:

An easy way to change the direction of the dancer is no looking at it directly.

Just look on the left of the page, and try to think of her turning the other way.

Your eyes barely see her, but let your mind imge what you want to see.

Then focus on her head first, and you should see her turning the other way.

I can't make the chick change directions at all. It switches on its own, for no reason! This is irritating. Anyways, I'm a righty.

Believe the term for that is 'pixel-impoverished.'

They make USB ports to screw into your temples that when connected with the proper software enhance your experience of everything. This program is adjustable from left to right, and has intensity and variance controls along with dimensional outlook and expansion tweaks.

Please contact the Bill & Melinda Formation to purchase.

:omg:

If she isn't moving at all, does that mean I'm brain-dead?

You mean she stopped moving after realising it? ;p ;p

j/k

At first glance, it was going clockwise.. so I use the right side of my brain.

I can, however, change it pretty easily. If I want her to turn counterclockwise.. I have to start to read the article. If I want her to start turning clockwise again, I just clear my mind.

Same thing here... I thought "clockwise". Then I read on and when I turned back it was going counter-clockwise O.o

Then all of a sudden, without me focusing to change it, it just did. Clockwise again...

Weird stuff. :omg:

ditto

i can turn it around as much as i want, i found that thing in off topic section and sent it to molime but we both couldnt find out how it works.

btw, i tried it for 5 hours... and i was going insane cause i couldnt find out how i can change the way it turns... but then i noticed everytime i look at the shadow, the figure moves the other way, try it :omg:

I voted for Right, but I am sort of both. It kept switching back and forth, a bit like me, as I am right-handed (left brain) but it is easier for me to dribble basketballs and such with my left hand. Never really knew why..

I find it rather interesting that EL seems to attract more right-brained people than left-brainies. Maybe it's because a lot of out-of-the-box thinkers prefer a classless game to one that sets a more rigid structure for character formation.

I see her turning clockwise but the facts don't fit me what-so-ever. I'm not creative or anything close to that matter, maths and science is my thing. Oh and as much as I tried, I couldn't trick myself into thinking she was going to opposite way :)

I'm both-side-brained :o

OK, right side at first, but I'm able to see the dancer moving clockwise and anti-clockwise.

I've had this gif saved on my pc for a while, I can change the direction I see her spinning easily. I can even do it fast enough to make it seem like she's not spinning and just moving her left from left to right.

I missed this when it was first posted but was looking for something else and found it. She was going clockwise when I first looked and then I blinked and she was going counterclockwise. The other tests I have taken all say that I use both sides of my brain pretty equally so this seems accurate too. :o

Tirun

Left brained according to this test.. shes turning counterclockwise no matter how hard i try :P

And reading the descriptions that seems correct.

Weel, first it looked clockwise, then I realized it was an illusion and I could then see it counter-clockwise.

Does this mean my brain takes turns?

clockwise, it's pretty accurate imo

can change it at will, thinking about orcs, elves etc makes it go clockwise. thinking about a strategy for something makes it go anti-clockwise.

i wonder if she wil go berserk if i think of a stretegy for elf vs orc fight :P

pretty interesting...

When I looked at her dead-on... She was turning counter-clockwise. Yet, I noticed, if I wasn't directly looking at her, she was turning the other way.

I see her turning clockwise. I'm not real sure which side of my brain i use more to say the truth, but i know i don't use either side as much as i should :P Honestly i don't think i'm that creative so probably the left side more.

Edited by rmcin329

I voted "Right" since when I hit the page, I initially saw it going clockwise, then pretty much made it seem to go the way I wanted.

But - (if I remember correctly from years ago) - the way you view it is not actually because you're using one side of the brain or the other, but which way you're predisposed (i.e., right/left = clockwise/counterclockwise). Kind of like the way you ended up left-handed or right-handed.

Those that can make it "change direction" while looking at it are the ones actually making some use of the right side of the brain (just as those that are ambidextrous).

Or at least that's my theory and I'm sticking to it. :P

And, btw - LOL at Piewacket. ;)

Edited by DarElik