Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Which part of the brain do you use more?

The Right Brain vs Left Brain test  

225 members have voted

1. 1. Which side of the brain?

• Left
    • Right

At first glance she was turning clockwise. I ordered her to change directions & she didn't. (typical) I looked away, then back & she was turning counter clockwise. :D

Some years ago, I took an extensive test for someones scientific research & I was determined to be integrated with a very slight lean towards the left.

:o

I could see her going clockwise and counter-clockwise. :D

Freakily my wife could see her spinning in the opposite direction to me when we viewed her at the same time :D

I identify with most of both lists... :o

:o she was going clockwise and there was no way for me to mak her go the other way :D

right sided seems pretty clear to me as I strongly believe we should allways trust our instincts, I rely on it heavily, the feeling you have when you ask yourself should i be doing this is there for a reason.

Trust your instincts people !! Listen to what your heart tells you !!

Dammit man I am going back to that site to try and get her to move the other way :D

All i saw was a nude chick... i wonder what that says about me :o

on a more serious note, i first only saw her rotate clockwise, and then later only counter-clockwise. Now i can see both if i try

I've taken few other tests on 'brain side' before. Each of them have given slightly different results, however, mostly left-sided (quite reasonable results taking my way of thinking). This test, though, says I'm using only and only right side as I cannot make this crap turn the other way around :)

All i saw was a nude chick... i wonder what that says about me :)

The test was for right / left brain functions, not 'higher' and 'lower' functions.

I found the direction of spin varied according to how I was looking. When reading and considering the attributes, widdershins. On first view, clockwards. Tried while doing algebra, widdershins. While petting pshychokittyfromhell, clockwards.

From this I conclude that she was, in fact, naked.

Was it just me that took the gif appart to see that the thing does move clockwise. Suggesting that if you see it moving counter-clockwise it is an optical illusion.

And if I did all that, then I'm left brained. But if I see what is truly there (truth and logic not belief and fantasy) the I'm using my left brain to see it going clockwise. Anyone care to explain that?

that thing was so cool thnx ent

i was right to start off with than i tried changing it to left and i did it :P than i figured out i couldn't switch it back :P wtf

Edited by SkyHigh

I can't change the direction one iota. I've looked away, tried refreshing, and just stared at it wishing it'd switch. No change. I find I'm more right brained at times, but left brained alot. I have issues w/ black and white <not race, right from wrong>. I lean way to the right, not allowing for more gray area. I'm adhd, anyone else? :P

When I was sent to the site by Moebird, the first thing I saw was the dancer turning clockwise. Then I read a bit of the text, and looking at the Dancer, I can get her to turn in either direction very easily and also in mid-twirl.

Am I odd? I had not seen this posting first so did not know what i was supposed to be looking at.

:D:icon13:

lol i thought that the picture RANDOMLY changes her direction somehow at first..

then i read forum and tried to control her direction, rarely succesfuly.

She does not listen. Women. :(

Well, it can move in both directions, so definetley is an optical illusion. I dont't know what has to do this with sides of brain. AFAIK the use of right and left part of the brain is pure biological stuff and is not determining your personallity whatsoever. Of course it can have some impact on your life (right handed vs left handed people) but is not relevant in this case :P

Maybe this should be more accurate: http://www.web-us.com/brain/braindominance.htm

The first time I looked she was going clock-wise but the explanation for right sided brain use doesn't fit me. I've always been a logical person. Deal with facts. Love math. Program computers.

So I closed my eyes, pictured here rotating counter clock-wise and when I opened them again I was able to see her doing just that.

I can see her going both directions only if I remove my eyes from the image, picture the direction I want to see and look back but can't change her direction while looking at the image.

Edit: Actually, now I can change her direction without taking my eyes off if I focus on her extended foot. After a couple turns I was able to get her going the opposite direction and then back again.

Same here.

Strange how our minds work, eh? :P

A friend send me an email with this dancer a long time ago.But there was a difference.

According to that email if a person is able to see the dancer anticlockwise suppose to be a genious.

At the beggining i could only see the dancer turning clockwise.

I was focused more and i saw the dancer turning anticlockwise.

Anyway many people told me that this test can't prove anything at all.

Hi there,

I can not vote :P

The first time I looked at her, she was going counter clockwise ... started to read more of the text, looked again and she was going clockwise and then after a few turns couter ... and back again and again ... I got dizzy :icon13:

Guess I use both sides of me brain then, which does not surprise me ... was told that before ... and I'm both left and right handed ... and yep, do see thing of myself in both list.

Those using both left and right side of the brain are just real balanced folk ... :P:omg:

See you ...

BethAhabah

damn that freaked me out, i was looking at it, clockwise.

voted, read a few comments looked back then anticlockwise

read the left side and it went clockwise again...

i managed to see her spin both ways and switch between depending how long i looked at it :S

i even had it so it wasnt spinning at 1 point just going back and forth lol.

i done full tests to find this out else where tho and i was on borderline between using both sides

edit:

To rotate counterclockwise we need right leg to support the weight.

She uses left leg... so clockwise

after watching it just switching it was also changing legs :icon13: realy wierd but nice illusion

Edited by macca

ok after 5 mins of immense concentration i can almost still her.. where she doesnt even spin. the leg moves right then left, trick is when u switch the right one she jumps then switch the left on she jumps on it.. master it and u can almost still her :icon13:

ok i have covered parts of her blinked, covered my eyes and looked at it upside down and i still got it going clockwise i guess i use my right side more but looking at the list i would think i am more left

I am curious how most of the people here think, and if you find it accurate for you.

:) you can stay curious, as far as I'm concerned

And you can stay off the forums for 1 year. This is at least the 3rd time in just a week when you post offtopic messages and act all hostile.