Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Which part of the brain do you use more?

The Right Brain vs Left Brain test  

225 members have voted

1. 1. Which side of the brain?

• Left
    • Right

she's going anti clockwise for me, then it froze then changed to the other way...lol what the hell :happy:

Edited by ShYne

Hrm, seems my brain doesn't work at all. LOL

But seriously, right side for me, unless I glance away from it, then I can see it turning the other direction. I wonder if that means right dominant and if I don't concentrate, my left takes over? I agree with most of what's on the "right side" list, although I thought I had some of the left stuff too. I guess it's all that drain bamage I have....

I'm a bit confused about this. :happy: I definitely see her going clockwise so I am supposedly right-brained. However I am quite methodical...I'm a database programmer, for heaven's sake! And I can't see how you could make it change direction either.....or maybe I just need an eye test :blink:

She is turning clockwise.

Means I use right side more?

Wrong :happy:

Actually I use left side more. Proof: I disassembled this gif into frames and viewed in slow motion, frame by frame - so typical for left side :blink:. Dancer is actually turning clockwise no doubt. When her breasts are obscured by her body, the direction might look ambigous, but she is turning clockwise most of the time I think. View frame by frame yourself and find that too

can only see it moving clockwise no matter what, so I guess that means I use the right side more..

but according to the descriptions that's totally wrong :happy:

Clockwise, right side of brain.

Can only see her going counter-clockwise if I look at her shadow, and then still..

-Blee

I can only see her turn clockwise, but I don't think this is correct for me.

After taking that test, I took a dozen more and they all showed that I use left side more.

So, this one doesn't work for me I guess...

Could be that it has nothing to do with right/left brain half.

That so many see her turn clockwise round, could be because we are used to things go that way, like clocks and games where turns always go clockwise round.

I don't remember what turn the other way round.

So the brain believe it's as usual and people who see her turn the other way, is people who use their right brain half - their fantasy ?

left for me. But i can see her turning the other way round. If you blur your vision (by moving eyes to the nose and back again) you are more likely to see the movement switch...but now i have headache :happy:

At first clockwise, then counter clockwise.

I just flipped to the other tab and now she's going clockwise again

Look at her feet for a few seconds, make sure you can't see her body and she appears to start turning the other way. Hm, anyone else do this?

I did the same as you Aph. She seemed to be turning clockwise at first, but I could change her at will.

There are many "tests" aimed at helping us "classify" ourselves regarding how we think, work, learn, etc. I find people often take them to mean "You are this kind of person." I prefer to think of them as "You tend more towards this type, to this general degree.

A popular example is the MBPTI (Myers-Briggs Personality Type Inidicators). I've heard people say, "I'm an INFJ, so I could never work with and ESTP!" To this I say "Chill dudes and dudettes. It doesn't mean you won't understand each other. It just means you may approach things from a different angle." (Notice the emphasis on "may").

Still, it'd be interesting to see if the average EL player differs from the average "normal" person regarding right-left brain thinking tendencies.

"Brain? Yes, doctor. I shall fetch you a brain..." :devlish:

My head spins the same way my toilet flushes, clockwise! Reality? Humbug! ;)

At first glance, it was going clockwise.. so I use the right side of my brain.

I can, however, change it pretty easily. If I want her to turn counterclockwise.. I have to start to read the article. If I want her to start turning clockwise again, I just clear my mind.

Same thing here... I thought "clockwise". Then I read on and when I turned back it was going counter-clockwise O.o

Then all of a sudden, without me focusing to change it, it just did. Clockwise again...

Weird stuff. :devlish:

This thing is pretty inaccurate :devlish: The picture shows me I should be a right-sided brain guy, but i'm pretty sure I use my left brain more (if I look at the things it do).

If i watch the leg spinning it goes one way, cover the body and watch the reflection of the leg it goes the other even when the cover is removed

Awesome!

Im right sided, and not really suprised. The weird thing is that I have done this before not *that* long ago, and if i wanted to I could make the dancer spin in any direction, now I can only see clockwise.

She is absolutely intent on going clockwise for me. Had my hubby look and he saw her going widdershins (counterclockwise) but could make her switch. I can't seem to see her going anything but clockwise. Interestingly, I am much more comfortable with computer things than he is and better at them. In the activities description I would say I use both sides equally and have read that females are more likely to do that and males more likely to switch rapidly between left and right sides. I loved Blodoks comment. Seems he used the left side of his brain to explain why he sees her going clockwise. :devlish:

That's wierd. According to that picture, I should be right-sided, however I praise logic above all and I'm known solution-finder. But it's also true, that my imagination is beyond any limits and that I am emotionally driven, heh, I must be Protoss, not human, I'm saying it all the time :devlish:

Edited by Khalai